Ak Facing Tons Of Aggression [$11 9man]

On a shorthanded table, I'm never good here right? I have been multitabling, so no reads, and villains probably see me as tight.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Replayer from Poker Hands Replayer911.gifButton (t1395)SB (t1230)Avii (BB) (t2710)UTG (t2040)MP (t2130)CO (t3995)Avii's M: 12.04Preflop: Avii is BB with A :ts, K :club:2 folds, CO bets t385, Button raises to t620, 1 fold, Hero (t0) ?

insert jpeg of a ship!

No one takes into account that we are in fact the second biggest stack? BTN is surely stacking of, so we would have to go to a showdown for at least half our stack in this situation?And vs. BTN, our hand is very likely a flip by the way he raised, donkish way to get more action imo.

No, no one is taking it into account, because1) you're shortstacked2) you most certainly can be better than a flip - you think he never has AQ here?3) once in awhile you get a donk who will actually make this play then fold4) even if you are flipping, you will be getting a very good price to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting spot. Generally I am not looking to flip with so many players left in a STT.I dusted off my ICM calculator to see what the math suggests.I - Hero's equity before the hand is 19.9%II - Folding Scenarios1) If the initial raiser folds, our equity becomes 18.9%If the initial raiser pushes and is called (I'll only do these two scenarios):2) If the initial raiser wins our equity is 20.7%3) If the initial raiser loses our equity is 16.6%III - We push scenarios4) If no one calls our equity becomes 25.1%Initial raiser folds, raiser calls (only two scenarios here as well):5) If we win our equity becomes 29.1%6) If we lose our equity becomes 10.8%Now let’s assign some probabilities and calculate weighted averages::Folding Scenarios1) Pretty likely, say 66%2) I’ll split the difference with the remaining 2; 16%3) 16% Our equity is (18.9% * 66%) + (20.7% * 16%) + (16.6% * 16%) = 18.4%Pushing Scenarios4) Pretty unlikely; say 10%We have to use PokerStove to see what our equity against Villains range is. With that fishy raise let’s assume TT+, AQs, AQo, and Hero is a 51/49 dog (this is about as good as it gets, it we add more pairs and/or eliminate AQ we become a pretty big dog).5) 51%6) 49%Our equity is (25.1%*10%)+(29.1%*51%)+(10.8%*49%) = 22.6%If we remove AQ, the range becomes TT+, AKs, AKo, we become a 59.6/40.4 dog:Our equity is (25.1%*10%)+(29.1%*40.4%)+(10.8%*59.6%) = 20.7%If we remove AK, JJ and TT, the range becomes QQ+, we become a 69.1/30.9 dog:Our equity is (25.1%*10%)+(29.1%*30.9%)+(10.8%*69.1%) = 18.6%SummaryIt all comes down to what range do we put the raiser on, and how we allocate probabilities, but the numbers suggest that a push is +ceV….but it is close. Folding is not much of a mistake.

No folding is a horrible move here. We have 19bbs and we have an open. Openers range is a lot wider than you give credit. This is always a shove, no questions...this is a very standard shove, and i think OP knows this

No folding is a horrible move here. We have 19bbs and we have an open. Openers range is a lot wider than you give credit. This is always a shove, no questions...this is a very standard shove, and i think OP knows this
Ok...suggest a range and do the math to show us folding is horrible.

openers range: any pair, A6s+, A9o+, KTs+, KJo plusWe have to remember that the CO raised and the button 3bet, which can a lot of the time be a steal and a lot lighter of a range...but i will narrow it down a little...his is prolly ATs+,99+, and KJs+.We also have to realize that this is a tournament, and like everyone sucks...so they are doing this with a huge range. We have wayyyy more than enough Not to mention the sheer fact that we only have 19bbs and we have AK!

openers range: any pair, A6s+, A9o+, KTs+, KJo plusWe have to remember that the CO raised and the button 3bet, which can a lot of the time be a steal and a lot lighter of a range...but i will narrow it down a little...his is prolly ATs+,99+, and KJs+.We also have to realize that this is a tournament, and like everyone sucks...so they are doing this with a huge range. We have wayyyy more than enough Not to mention the sheer fact that we only have 19bbs and we have AK!
Pushing AKs pre-flop knocked me out of the Main Event, so I may be biased against it :club: Ok, now do the math with your ranges.