Antonio And Laak Ridicule Hellmuth Pad

i dont even know where to start with thishe's not a great holdem playerhes not even gooddid you watch the video??
Videos never really tell you the full story. I was once mocking a poker player's ability based on the videos I've seen on youtube and a friend of mine responded with "Well, she's a lot better than you are!" Considering that the pros have won bracelets and I haven't, that's a fair assessment. Similarily, I think it's quite an exaggeration to claim that he's not a good player, based on a video you've seen. The results he's had suggest otherwise.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont even know where to start with thishe's not a great holdem playerhes not even gooddid you watch the video??
LOOOOOL
I think these statements are slightly obtuse for caliber players like your selves (minus kurt) Hellmuth was a great tournament holdem player, and still is a good tournament holdem player today, although does lean on the low end side of that.His biggest downfall however, is that he never bothered to improve his game, or tailor it. He is also not a cash game player, so its unfair to judge him that way. I think its ridiculous that he calls himself the best holdem player in the world, but to his credit, what he did in his 20's was pretty remarkable.
Videos never really tell you the full story. I was once mocking a poker player's ability based on the videos I've seen on youtube and a friend of mine responded with "Well, she's a lot better than you are!" Considering that the pros have won bracelets and I haven't, that's a fair assessment. Similarily, I think it's quite an exaggeration to claim that he's not a good player, based on a video you've seen. The results he's had suggest otherwise.
loosh is a sick individual. I would actually take loosh in a loosh vs hellmuth battle.however, he is known for his collusion and super user account cheating.

I think I've heard enough of this shit. Some important idiots keep thinking Hellmuth sucks because any retard can post in a forum. Let's put things in perspective.Morons: Hellmuth sucks at PAD shorthandedTruth: He is the winningest player in PAD with 4 titles. And is ALWAYS deep in every show. There must be a reason for that.Morons: Hellmuth ran good in PAD that's why, no that he hits no cards he fails.Truth: LAUGH OUT LOUD. I remember Ferguson suckout against PH for the PAD title when he hits trips on the turn. I also remember when Lederer hits a miraclous 3 outer on the river leaving Hellmuth in 3rd place. Just to mention 2.Morons: Hellmuth is only good against weak players and low buy in tournaments.Truth: He won the Main Event when only the best players in the world entered. In adittion he won several $10,000 buy in tournaments and completely outplayed Tom Dwan both times in the NBC Heads Up (he also won this tournament tho against pretty good players). He won the tournament of champions of couple of times and assuming every1 who plays in the WSOP are fishes is pretty stupid.Morons: Hellmuth sucks at poker.Truth. He is the most successful NLHE poker player of the last 20 years, with 11 WSOP championships, 41 Final tbles and 75 cashes, owning the record in those three categories. He surpass $10,000,000 in tournament earnings btw. His ROI if he had played 80% of the total tournaments is over 280%. No words.Morons: He sucks at cashgames.Truth: He is an all time cashgame winner duh. (wonder how many of you can say that). Plus he won over 300k in this same show not a long time ago.Morons: He is outdated after the poker boomTruth: He won several bracelets plus he made excellent runs in the Main Events from 2003 onwards, probably the most constant winning player in the Main Event after 2003.Morons: He has been successful because he ran good over that period of time.Truth: From all the arguements I've heard I think this gets 1st price for most retarded. you can't ran good for 20 years, win over 30 NLHE tournaments and have all those amazing stats with just being lucky. Morons: I hate his attitude.Truth: off the table he is definately the nicest pro you could ever meet, no kidding.Now these morons I've been talking about will respond the same way the've been posting shit about him without having made any kind of research or something, so they can inform themselves before posting. Since they have no arguments to say against this they will make fun and insult, pretty lame tho but it is expected. They just throw out shit and concentrate on a small sample of hands to determine if he sucks or not. (lol judging Phil Hellmuth in NLHE is probably one of the most ridicoulus things I've ever seen) Their posts are some ****ing stupid and shameful. That's all i wanna say, just make some research before posting shit, study a little bit poker history and start to respect one of the greatest tournament players who ever played the game. Seriously.

I think I've heard enough of this shit. Some important idiots keep thinking Hellmuth sucks because any retard can post in a forum. Let's put things in perspective.Morons: Hellmuth sucks at PAD shorthandedTruth: He is the winningest player in PAD with 4 titles. And is ALWAYS deep in every show. There must be a reason for that.Morons: Hellmuth ran good in PAD that's why, no that he hits no cards he fails.Truth: LAUGH OUT LOUD. I remember Ferguson suckout against PH for the PAD title when he hits trips on the turn. I also remember when Lederer hits a miraclous 3 outer on the river leaving Hellmuth in 3rd place. Just to mention 2.Morons: Hellmuth is only good against weak players and low buy in tournaments.Truth: He won the Main Event when only the best players in the world entered. In adittion he won several $10,000 buy in tournaments and completely outplayed Tom Dwan both times in the NBC Heads Up (he also won this tournament tho against pretty good players). He won the tournament of champions of couple of times and assuming every1 who plays in the WSOP are fishes is pretty stupid.Morons: Hellmuth sucks at poker.Truth. He is the most successful NLHE poker player of the last 20 years, with 11 WSOP championships, 41 Final tbles and 75 cashes, owning the record in those three categories. He surpass $10,000,000 in tournament earnings btw.Morons: He sucks at cashgames.Truth: He is an all time cashgame winner duh. (wonder how many of you can say that). Plus he won over 300k in this same show not a long time ago.Morons: He is outdated after the poker boomTruth: He won several bracelets plus he made excellent runs in the Main Events from 2003 onwards.Morons: He has been successful because he ran good over that period of time.Truth: From all the arguements I've heard I think this gets 1st price for most retarded. you can't ran good for 20 years, win over 30 NLHE tournaments and have all those amazing stats with just being lucky. Morons: I hate his attitude.Truth: off the table he is definately the nicest pro you could ever meet, no kidding.Now these morons I've been talking about will respond the same way the've been posting shit about him without having made any kind of research or something, so they can inform themselves before posting. Since they have no arguments to say against this they will make fun and insult, pretty lame tho but it is expected. They just throw out shit and concentrate on a small sample of hands to determine if he sucks or not. (lol judging Phil Hellmuth in NLHE is probably one of the most ridicoulus things I've ever seen) Their posts are some ****ing stupid and shameful. That's all i wanna say, just make some research before posting shit, study a little bit poker history and start to respect one of the greatest tournament players who ever played the game. Seriously.
Truth: He threatens to have security examine the tapes of his losing sessions.He may be an all time winner in cash (not even sure how that could be verified), but if he regularly played with the best that would be an entirely different story.he's a good tournament player, he just dosen't understand how many good- great players the internet/ poker boom has produced.... he thinks he can stay stagnant and still be the best, that's dillusional thinking. He may be the greatest guy in the world in private, but he's a dickhead at the jobsite. If there was a guy you worked with who was a merciless pain in the ass all day long, would you really care how he acted away from the office?Yea, he's won the most NLHE tournaments... he's also played the most AINEC.
I think I've heard enough of this shit. Some important idiots keep thinking Hellmuth sucks because any retard can post in a forum. Let's put things in perspective.Morons: Hellmuth sucks at PAD shorthandedTruth: He is the winningest player in PAD with 4 titles. And is ALWAYS deep in every show. There must be a reason for that.Morons: Hellmuth ran good in PAD that's why, no that he hits no cards he fails.Truth: LAUGH OUT LOUD. I remember Ferguson suckout against PH for the PAD title when he hits trips on the turn. I also remember when Lederer hits a miraclous 3 outer on the river leaving Hellmuth in 3rd place. Just to mention 2.Morons: Hellmuth is only good against weak players and low buy in tournaments.Truth: He won the Main Event when only the best players in the world entered. In adittion he won several $10,000 buy in tournaments and completely outplayed Tom Dwan both times in the NBC Heads Up (he also won this tournament tho against pretty good players). He won the tournament of champions of couple of times and assuming every1 who plays in the WSOP are fishes is pretty stupid.Morons: Hellmuth sucks at poker.Truth. He is the most successful NLHE poker player of the last 20 years, with 11 WSOP championships, 41 Final tbles and 75 cashes, owning the record in those three categories. He surpass $10,000,000 in tournament earnings btw.Morons: He sucks at cashgames.Truth: He is an all time cashgame winner duh. (wonder how many of you can say that). Plus he won over 300k in this same show not a long time ago.Morons: He is outdated after the poker boomTruth: He won several bracelets plus he made excellent runs in the Main Events from 2003 onwards.Morons: He has been successful because he ran good over that period of time.Truth: From all the arguements I've heard I think this gets 1st price for most retarded. you can't ran good for 20 years, win over 30 NLHE tournaments and have all those amazing stats with just being lucky. Morons: I hate his attitude.Truth: off the table he is definately the nicest pro you could ever meet, no kidding.Now these morons I've been talking about will respond the same way the've been posting shit about him without having made any kind of research or something, so they can inform themselves before posting. Since they have no arguments to say against this they will make fun and insult, pretty lame tho but it is expected. They just throw out shit and concentrate on a small sample of hands to determine if he sucks or not. (lol judging Phil Hellmuth in NLHE is probably one of the most ridicoulus things I've ever seen) Their posts are some ****ing stupid and shameful. That's all i wanna say, just make some research before posting shit, study a little bit poker history and start to respect one of the greatest tournament players who ever played the game. Seriously.
This is a good post imo except where you call people morons, thats not cool.
Truth: He threatens to have security examine the tapes of his losing sessions.
He was playing at UB...
He may be an all time winner in cash (not even sure how that could be verified), but if he regularly played with the best that would be an entirely different story.he's a good tournament player, he just dosen't understand how many good- great players the internet/ poker boom has produced.... he thinks he can stay stagnant and still be the best, that's dillusional thinking. He may be the greatest guy in the world in private, but he's a dickhead at the jobsite. If there was a guy you worked with who was a merciless pain in the ass all day long, would you really care how he acted away from the office?Yea, he's won the most NLHE tournaments... he's also played the most AINEC.
I am pretty sure TJ Cloutier has won the most, an I bet played the most is not research-able.Plus Hellmuth has gone FT deep in quite a few non- NLH tournamentsSilverstrone pretty much nailed this thread to a wall and made it his/her own!
Didn't know PH's mom or #1 fanboy joined the forum last month.

the lifetime winner in cash is an absolutely hilarious assertion that you have no way to prove and a tremendous amount of evidence to the contrary. also, the list of people that would put their roll on the table to play phil HU cash would blow your mind, and includes at least a half dozen players who post here. the nicest guy ever away from the table thing is garbage as well. the guy is a star @#$)( and won't give you the time of day if you're not famous.what I will give him is work ethic when it counts. Every WSOP i've been to, phil is playing every single event he can to get those cashes and hold on to that record. he actually cashed in the stud 8 event i went deep in in 2008 - he did it by folding for two hours and getting himself down to a few big bets to make sure he cashed while players at his table gave him crap for it - but whatever, everyone has their priorities.

I just don't understand how someone of his calibur can think that the way he played PAD is how you are supposed to play a winner take all STTHe had to know he was giving himself 0 chance to win

I just don't understand how someone of his calibur can think that the way he played PAD is how you are supposed to play a winner take all STTHe had to know he was giving himself 0 chance to win
I know..the guy will never win one of these while he keeps playing the same way over and over again.
yes, it's just about air time