First off, I would like to say I am a brand new player, so if this is a bad question, that's why. And when I say brand new, I mean under a week.I was in a 100 person tournament at the final table. Blinds were 6k and I was leading in chips with 50k, next after me was 40k. I was in big blind position and had pocket jacks, the only person that called was a player that was limping most hands. I went all in expecting him to have nothing, but he ended up beating me with pocket aces. Should I have done what I did, or not?

YES YOU CANNOT RAISE THEN FOLD WITH UNDER 10 BBS AND YOU ALWAYS WONT 2 HAVE FOLD EQULITY AND YOU CANT FOLD JACK JACK WITH UNDER 10 BBS NO MATTER WHAT NO ITS A SMART QUESTION PPL DO NOT UNDERSTAND IF THEY THINKN ITS STUPID THE GUY WOULD HAVE BROKE ME WITH ACE'S IF YOU RAISE THEY JUST GOING RE RAISE THEN YOU HAVE 2 GO ALLIN ANYWAYS WITH OUT FOLD EQULITY AND WITH 10 BBS YOU GOT 2 HAVE THAT

First off, I would like to say I am a brand new player, so if this is a bad question, that's why. And when I say brand new, I mean under a week.I was in a 100 person tournament at the final table. Blinds were 6k and I was leading in chips with 50k, next after me was 40k. I was in big blind position and had pocket jacks, the only person that called was a player that was limping most hands. I went all in expecting him to have nothing, but he ended up beating me with pocket aces. Should I have done what I did, or not?
To clarify what the other person said- when the big blind is $6k and you have $50k you don't have the ability to raise and then fold. A simple measurement is how many big blinds you have- and you have a little more then 8 which is not a lot. Since you are the chip leader you can expect that everyone else is a more desperate position then you. When you factor your observation (commonly called a read) that the villain was playing in a loose manner you can assign him a wide range of hands. Most of the hands he is likely to have are worse then yours, a few are better and some are probably pretty even. (a hand like AQ is about an even proposition). Since it is likely that his hand is worse then yours it is a really standard play there to raise all in.
To clarify what the other person said- when the big blind is $6k and you have $50k you don't have the ability to raise and then fold. A simple measurement is how many big blinds you have- and you have a little more then 8 which is not a lot. Since you are the chip leader you can expect that everyone else is a more desperate position then you. When you factor your observation (commonly called a read) that the villain was playing in a loose manner you can assign him a wide range of hands. Most of the hands he is likely to have are worse then yours, a few are better and some are probably pretty even. (a hand like AQ is about an even proposition). Since it is likely that his hand is worse then yours it is a really standard play there to raise all in.
no what i am saying is he is the chip leader an he had jack jack vs a limper he cant chek there an see a flop you kno that and he cant raise then when the other guy raise's fold so what he's best play was pushing that way he had f/e = fold equalty the chance the guy will fold an he will just win the pot there who knew he limped 2 ace's i mean come on 2 ace's should of just open shoved there self
no what i am saying is he is the chip leader an he had jack jack vs a limper he cant chek there an see a flop you kno that and he cant raise then when the other guy raise's fold so what he's best play was pushing that way he had f/e = fold equalty the chance the guy will fold an he will just win the pot there who knew he limped 2 ace's i mean come on 2 ace's should of just open shoved there self
:club:

open jam them and then bitch about how much your life sucks when you run into aces

Translation: What blakheart said.