Etiquette Question/debate 1/2 Live

Ok, im going to start off with a rule at mohegan sun in CT:at showdown, every player has the right to request to see a called hand.so, for expample to clear things up, if player a bets 50 on the river and player b calls, if player a flips the winner, anyone at the table can request to see player b's cards. the dealer will hit the cards to the muck to kill the hand and then flip them over.i dont know if it is like that anywhere else, but at mohegan it is.so, the situation last night was in a three way pot. an old guy bets 60 into a 30 pot on the turn. I fold with tp/tk, and another young player calls. the river goes check check, and the young kid flips over his hand and the old guy says you win and throws his hand in. I ask to see the old guy's hand, and the dealer says yes, i am allowed to and the old guy flips over ace high.Now, at this point, some older woman at the table starts yelling at me, saying that is is terrible poker ettiqutte to request to see a players cards if he mucks them. she says the only reason i should do that is if i belive there is collusion. I say that if the information is available, i want it for future hands.i would just like to get your thoughts on the situation:oh, and p.s., the check/check on the river is considered a call, which is why i was allowed to see the old guys hand.

It's bad etiquette and it's bad for the game. Unless you think you're getting middled, please don't invoke the IWTSTH(i want to see that hand). Now that you know the older dude over bet the pot 3 handed with ace high, are you good enough to use this information for such a specific spot to gain an edge? Most rooms will take away your right to see a folded hand at showdown if you abuse the rule.

You do have the right to see his hand but it is very bad etiquette.
This. Just because the Mohegan has a rule saying you can doesn't make it right. I do understand your curiosity. So many times I've folded a big hand and PRAYED it would go to showdown and it doesn't.
This is one of the problems going from online to live. Online you can check the history and collusion is more common. Live you are far less likely to be a victim of collusion. Don't ask to see cards unless you really have reason to believe someone is cheating.
Meh, you can.... but expect the reaction you got.
It's bad etiquette and it's bad for the game. Unless you think you're getting middled, please don't invoke the IWTSTH(i want to see that hand). Now that you know the older dude over bet the pot 3 handed with ace high, are you good enough to use this information for such a specific spot to gain an edge? Most rooms will take away your right to see a folded hand at showdown if you abuse the rule.
This is one of the problems going from online to live. Online you can check the history and collusion is more common. Live you are far less likely to be a victim of collusion. Don't ask to see cards unless you really have reason to believe someone is cheating.
The purpose of the rule isn't so that you can gain information it's there to help combat cheating.Nothing will start more fights and pissing contests than people asking to see another person's hand without reason.
I ask to see the old guy's hand, and the dealer says yes, i am allowed to and the old guy flips over ace high.Now, at this point, some older woman at the table starts yelling at me, saying that is is terrible poker ettiqutte to request to see a players cards if he mucks them. she says the only reason i should do that is if i belive there is collusion. I say that if the information is available, i want it for future hands.i would just like to get your thoughts on the situation:
Since you asked, young people like you can learn a lot from your elders if you make an effort. The woman was right. And you're probably overestimating your ability to use whatever "information" you may have gained by requesting that the player's hand be shown.

expect all the regulars to be asking to see your hand from now on also.. just appologise next time you see him and her and say that you werent aware and that now you know you were out of line and all should be good .

^^ What they said.Also, a lot of people don't realize this:If you are heads up and the other guy mucks at showdown, and then you ask to see his cards, then his hand is still live. If he has the best hand, he wins the pot.I finally saw this happen a couple of weeks ago in the room where I work.

pretty much what everyone said, unless you really think they are screwing with you, don't do it. I've seen this happen a few times and a really good dealer will make sure it doesn't happen twice. it's terrible etiquette and makes you look like a douche.

Since you asked, young people like you can learn a lot from your elders if you make an effort. The woman was right. And you're probably overestimating your ability to use whatever "information" you may have gained by requesting that the player's hand be shown.
well he did overbet bluff about 3 more times in the next couple hours i played there
expect all the regulars to be asking to see your hand from now on also.. just appologise next time you see him and her and say that you werent aware and that now you know you were out of line and all should be good .
i did apologize to him and the rest of the table, they said it was fine. one guy said he was going to do it more often.edit: although he was a jackass form the moment he got there

Number one reason for me to get into an argument at the table cuz I'll speak up right away, every time.I'll ask them if they know why that rule is there allowing them to ask to see the player's hand ... obv, 99% don't know the intent of the rule ... unless you think there is something shady going on, you don't do it.Rooms that allow this should do the educating, not forcing the players to do it ... people need to know that the only reason they are allowed to see a hand is if they suspect there is cheating going on and simply asking to learn what a player has is extremely poor etiquette and that repeated requests are not permitted and will be subject to penalty.Learn what the other players have by playing the game and watching what is going on.

Here is the OP woring:"Ok, im going to start off with a rule at mohegan sun in CT:at showdown, every player has the right to request to see a called hand.so, for expample to clear things up, if player a bets 50 on the river and player b calls, if player a flips the winner, anyone at the table can request to see player b's cards. the dealer will hit the cards to the muck to kill the hand and then flip them over."It says "CALLED HAND", not calling hand. Therefore, if Player A flips the winner, the CALLED HAND IS ALREADY SHOWN. Player B is the CALLER, not the CALLED.Either the phrasing or example is incorrect and the OP is just plain wrong.

Here is the OP woring:"Ok, im going to start off with a rule at mohegan sun in CT:at showdown, every player has the right to request to see a called hand.so, for expample to clear things up, if player a bets 50 on the river and player b calls, if player a flips the winner, anyone at the table can request to see player b's cards. the dealer will hit the cards to the muck to kill the hand and then flip them over."It says "CALLED HAND", not calling hand. Therefore, if Player A flips the winner, the CALLED HAND IS ALREADY SHOWN. Player B is the CALLER, not the CALLED.Either the phrasing or example is incorrect and the OP is just plain wrong.
ur right, i typed it wrong.
pretty douchey tbh
Agreed. The only time I really ever ask to see a mucked hand like that in AC is for the sole purpose of getting the reaction that was elicited here. It does wonders if you want to get under everyone's skin, as I am sure you experienced from the woman's reaction at your table.