Poker-online Poker-tv's

I recently purchased a plasma tv. I thought the picture quality was good, but the glare was HORRIBLE.I exchanged it for an LCD. No glare, but everything looks like a video. When I watch movies on HBO, etc..........the picture seems so odd to me. It looks like a sitcom. Is this just a function of HDTV? Or is it the type of tv quality?Ideally I also want to play online on the TV. I've heard that LCD is better for that.Need some advice................

Bluray on my new LCD looks like I'm standing right there next to the people, only issue is that the foreground is so clear, that the background kinda looks fake. It's hard to explain without seeing it.

Bluray on my new LCD looks like I'm standing right there next to the people, only issue is that the foreground is so clear, that the background kinda looks fake. It's hard to explain without seeing it.
I know exactly what you mean......

It doesn't sound like you're viewing it from an HD source (Is it HBO HD?). Most standard definition channels don't look so great on a flatpanel, especially if the TV is a larger set.

This.My Plasma TV sucks but I've seen some that were so high quality that you could tell the people were acting and the sets were fake. Really took me out of the show and ruined it for me. I love sports in HD, though.

steve, you have 120hz blending on, and i'm guessing you have a samsung. as it was explained to me, things that come through your cable box are only 60hz, and the tv basically guesses what should be between the two frames and refreshes twice as fast, creating the weird sensation when watching it. it's good for sports, freaky and hard to get used to for dramas, and pretty easy to turn off.

I dont own an HDTV but watched a Blu Ray of Inglorious Basterds at my friends house and it looked like we were watching a Soap Opera. It was crazy

Yea def go with LCD if you want to play online because with plasmas sometimes the picture will burn in if someone is on the screen for a long time, like the taskbar or anything else that doesnt really move.If you get the right LCD TV and have all the settings and wires hooked up properly, the picture should be fine.

steve, you have 120hz blending on, and i'm guessing you have a samsung. as it was explained to me, things that come through your cable box are only 60hz, and the tv basically guesses what should be between the two frames and refreshes twice as fast, creating the weird sensation when watching it. it's good for sports, freaky and hard to get used to for dramas, and pretty easy to turn off.
How do I turn it off?
I've got the same thing, so somehow not having that on will make it better if it's not actually 120hz? I assumed having it on no matter what would be best.

better in this instance is entirely a matter of personal preference, but most people tend to prefer sports with it on and dramas with it off. somewhere between 60 and 120hz is the maximum refresh a human eye can discern anyway, and most people don't even have a connection that will display native 120hz, much less 240hz, whcih they're trying to push now for some reason.

better in this instance is entirely a matter of personal preference, but most people tend to prefer sports with it on and dramas with it off. somewhere between 60 and 120hz is the maximum refresh a human eye can discern anyway, and most people don't even have a connection that will display native 120hz, much less 240hz, whcih they're trying to push now for some reason.
This is exactly right. For movies, tv shows, etc.....it's best to turn off the 120. For the ufc and other sports, it looks pretty cool with the 120.