Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 475292The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterMP: $10.13CO: $20.12Hero (BTN): $13.51SB: $13.61BB: $2.05UTG: $15.70Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with Q :club: T :qh3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, 1 foldFlop: ($0.70) Q :5c 2 :ts 3 :4h(2 players)SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, SB calls $0.80Turn: ($3.10) J :3h(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $1.75, SB raises to $5.30, thoughts on his donkbet/call and then c/r turn. also running 54/19/1.8 over 100 hands

Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 475292The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterMP: $10.13CO: $20.12Hero (BTN): $13.51SB: $13.61BB: $2.05UTG: $15.70Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with Q :club: T :qh3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, 1 foldFlop: ($0.70) Q :5c 2 :ts 3 :4h(2 players)SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, SB calls $0.80Turn: ($3.10) J :3h(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $1.75, SB raises to $5.30, thoughts on his donkbet/call and then c/r turn. also running 54/19/1.8 over 100 hands
You're beating a flush draw, but that is a weird line to take with one if he does have that. I mean maybe something like A4s or A5s.You're also beating Q9-Q8. Other than, I really can't think of any other hands that you're ahead of here, so I would try to find a fold on the turn. But if you are going to bet the turn as you did, I think a slightly bigger bet would be better.I like the raise of the donk bet, but after he calls, I think I'm slowing down and playing for pot control.

turn is a blank, it changes almost nothing unless you really think he think he could peel with JJ, but that being said: i check call the turn. We play the hand so face up if we just lead the turn. C/c lets him bluff on the turn, then lets us catch air on the river. If you lead you have to be willing to go all the way with this hand IMO bc you need to have him on a flush draw like everytime. Weaker TP's dont go this insane unless they beat you. I know the knee jerk reaction of charging the draws, but lets evolve past that kind of thinking and think if we wanna be calling raises on the turn,.. NO, so why lead? We still get value if we check that turn. POT CONTROL!!

turn is a blank, it changes almost nothing unless you really think he think he could peel with JJ, but that being said: i check call the turn. We play the hand so face up if we just lead the turn. C/c lets him bluff on the turn, then lets us catch air on the river. If you lead you have to be willing to go all the way with this hand IMO bc you need to have him on a flush draw like everytime. Weaker TP's dont go this insane unless they beat you. I know the knee jerk reaction of charging the draws, but lets evolve past that kind of thinking and think if we wanna be calling raises on the turn,.. NO, so why lead? We still get value if we check that turn. POT CONTROL!!
What are you talking about? Hero is on the button, how does he lead the turn or check/call?Not betting the turn is a huge mistake. As played, I fold the turn.

i was thinking the same.. we cant c/c the turn in position. and i dont exactly agree that the turn is a blanko and changes nothing.. you can totally put QJ in his range. i was just curious as to what type of range u guys put him on with that kinda line.

i was thinking the same.. we cant c/c the turn in position. and i dont exactly agree that the turn is a blanko and changes nothing.. you can totally put QJ in his range. i was just curious as to what type of range u guys put him on with that kinda line.
A4s, A5s, 45s QJ+, 23, air
Problem with this hand is that we're ahead mayyybeeee 40% of the time and utterly crushed 60% of the time with no way out. Pretty easy fold.
What are you talking about? Hero is on the button, how does he lead the turn or check/call?Not betting the turn is a huge mistake. As played, I fold the turn.
what does betting turn accomplish? gets value from Q9??? thats it. so then what,... we get called and see a blank river,.. check? bet? very thin. Just check. no need to stick your neck out there and get raised! you were right villain had position, but the moral is still the same
what does betting turn accomplish? gets value from Q9??? thats it. so then what,... we get called and see a blank river,.. check? bet? very thin. Just check. no need to stick your neck out there and get raised! you were right villain had position, but the moral is still the same
We really shouldn't be too concerned about getting raised. Villain is a complete donk so I wouldn't put such a tight range on him. When he donks the flop he can have anything from a flush draw to a set. When he calls, it doesn't really tell us anything. But we're still way ahead of his range. The turn was good for us since QJ was beating us anyway. So once he checks, it is far from thin value to bet the turn. Villain is never folding a Q or any flush draw. If the river blanks off then betting for value would start to become thin.When villain raises it's a pretty easy fold unless we've seen him make very maniac plays before.

rrumsey explained rather strangely (and incorrectly since we're in position on this hand) but I agree w/ the pot control strategy. Check behind on the turn while the equity is either way ahead in his favor or almost even. It'd be a thin value bet on the turn to bet Q10 having the flop check raise being called, since we're only ahead of draws and way behind sets and other TP hands. Also, we're vulnerable to having to fold the turn to a check-raise since our hand can't stand a re-raise and we'll have to fold.

No, it's not.There is absolutely no reason to check the turn. This guy just called our raise on the flop and then checked on the turn.For whatever reason you're assuming that he has you beat, so you want to check because you're scared of getting raised? You're just going to give him a free card? You shouldn't be so interested in pot control: you have position on this guy and it looks like a draw or a pair+draw until the CR so make him pay for it.If he calls on the turn, we should just check down the river - and, probably fold against most bets if he leads out.I'm just curious, if we check the turn in your world, what do we do on the river? Apparently, we only get value from Q9, so even if a blank hits on the river, he probably has KQ or two pair, right? And if a spade or heart hits, we should fold too, because a flush got there. I don't understand what your plan is in this hand, other than shutting down after the flop. That's pretty damn weak especially since we're in position.Edit: I mean seriously, look at his stats.

Yeah there's a lot of results-oriented thinking going on in this thread. B/f the turn is completely standard. Wayyyyyyyy too many draws to check behind, and you can get value from much more than Q9 here, people. Once villain c/r this turn it's like the easiest fold ever without a specific read.

I think it's an easy fold also. Not much we can beat here. Q9, Q8 and maybe AsJs if he decided youre on the flush draw or on thin air. Really complicated situation, since it's a donk he could have 45o. Statistically it would be smarter to fold but i would go for a call and then check/call on the river if there are no danger cards. Ts9s is also a possibility.

thoughts on his donkbet/call and then c/r turn. also running 54/19/1.8 over 100 hands
if that is his aggression factor over 100 hands we run like hell from that raise. seriously! we have a marginal hand OOP, just take the river. It is so thin to lead this flop this weak unless he has a really high peel % imo. If we know he calls light, then by all means vbet. But in a vacuum, i nit ball this one
if that is his aggression factor over 100 hands we run like hell from that raise. seriously! we have a marginal hand OOP, just take the river. It is so thin to lead this flop this weak unless he has a really high peel % imo. If we know he calls light, then by all means vbet. But in a vacuum, i nit ball this one
Seriously, if you're going to continue to comment on this hand, you should actually LOOK at it first. We are not OOP.High peel %? In a vacuum? WTF are you even saying? I've noticed you have given some bad advice on several hands on this board. Stop saying a bunch of buzz words to make it sound like you know what you're talking about, because it's clear from your advice that you don't. Feel free to prove me wrong by showing me that you're a winning player by posting your tracking stats.