Burrows Vs Auger

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Refs aren't your employers though, they are co-workers. I'm sure people complain about co-workers to their employer all the time.
They're not even your co-workers. Your employer is the team that you work for. The NHL as a league is like a union. They supervise and approve of your contract, but they're not the ones paying you. The refs are employed by the union, and they work in parallel to you. The refs are like union supervisors who work in your office.
They're not even your co-workers. Your employer is the team that you work for. The NHL as a league is like a union. They supervise and approve of your contract, but they're not the ones paying you. The refs are employed by the union, and they work in parallel to you. The refs are like union supervisors who work in your office.
The refs are Toby.
Yeah that ^
I believe the team a player plays for is like a McDonald's restaurant and the league is like the McDonald's franchise. I can't believe I called McDonald's a restaurant.
I believe the team a player plays for is like a McDonald's restaurant and the league is like the McDonald's franchise. I can't believe I called McDonald's a restaurant.
If you are working at Mcdonald's and your manager told you to pass of Pork patties as Big Mac's and you told that to the Star, should you be fired?
If you are working at Mcdonald's and your manager told you to pass of Pork patties as Big Mac's and you told that to the Star, should you be fired?
Probably.

not unless it was in your contract most likely, also depends on the state you live in. michigan you can get fired for any reason unless there is a contract that says otherwise. The fact of the matter is that the NHL forbids it's players to say anything negative to the press and if you do they have the right to fine you or hand out some form of punishment. I am sure there is a contract about that. They would much rather have Burrows come to them and discuss it. It makes sense if you look at the business stand point. As a fan, I want Burrows to go to the media.

That ****ing ******* excuse of a ****ing ref , cost us the game tonight..Good going NHL for having a cheater for a ref..**** OFF

He did the Sens and Hawks on Tuesday that I went to. He's absolutely awful. He made 90% of the penalty calls too.
The penalty he called on Pony to cost us the game was ridicolous..Then they get him on a unsportsmanlike ..Its just beyond belief..
The penalty he called on Pony to cost us the game was ridicolous..Then they get him on a unsportsmanlike ..Its just beyond belief..
He also missed ponikarovsky basically tackling a lightning player 10 seconds before he got the penalty. So I guess even bad reffing evens out.
only if they criticise the league. They can say anything else they want....
From what I remember they can't talk about other players having their sloppy seconds either. :club:http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/...st-burrows.aspxCanucks snub HNIC after Ron Mcleans ridiculously unwarranted rant about Burrows last week. Not sure this has any effect on anything but will be interesting to see if it continues.