Burrows Vs Auger

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The comments do seem to have a lot more value than the usual moaning or accusations. I love that we have a game where a player can whine about penalties after the game, and people actually have to stop and think about their value since it is so uncommon for that player to do so.Not sure if this will get all that messy, since if seems to be specific to this one ref. I can't imagine anyone valuing his job so little to say what he did with a million cameras and microphones around, but you never know. Maybe he said it in...fewer words.Edit - McKenzie seems to think this could be the start of a poopstorm, a la Tim Donaghy. I hope he's wrong.

Auger should be fired. That kind of one sided reffing is exactly what the NHL doesn't need.Burrows will be suspened because thats what happens when you talk about refs like that with the media. He should have spoken to the league not the media

Meh, Burrows is an idiot for handling it the way he did. There is no evidence either way, I'd lean towards believing him though, this ref has some history of poor/questionable calls and actions. However, Burrows has a history of being a sh** disturber/whiner/POS, so I guess there's a chance he just made up this story as some form of vengeance towards Augere.Either way, nothing good is going to come out of this for either Burrows or Augere.

I dont know if Burrows is an idiot... if he doesn't go public with this and let the 'buffoons' of the media get their teeth into it, and simply reports it to the NHL, my bet would be that it gets ignored, or Auger quietly receives a warning, fine or small suspension that nobody knows about. This forces the NHL to deal with it, and do it publicly. Might be a very good thing...

Can Somebody paraphrase the first video for me? no sound at work
There is no sound, it's just video evidence that Auger had a conversation with Burrows during the warmup just as Burrows said he did..
I dont know if Burrows is an idiot... if he doesn't go public with this and let the 'buffoons' of the media get their teeth into it, and simply reports it to the NHL, my bet would be that it gets ignored, or Auger quietly receives a warning, fine or small suspension that nobody knows about. This forces the NHL to deal with it, and do it publicly. Might be a very good thing...
Was typing up this response. But, yes this is how I feel, and I think Burrows was smart with this one if everything he tells is correct.
I just want to steal Serge's thunder...Fraser vs The Leafs will be proven also.
ya big deal to Burrows, he got cheated for a penalty..We got cheated out of a Stanley Cup for crying out loud..Hopefully this will bring that to the forefront..Fraser vs Leafs happened just a mere couple of months after Bettman took over the NHL..Coincidence...???
ya big deal to Burrows, he got cheated for a penalty..We got cheated out of a Stanley Cup for crying out loud..Hopefully this will bring that to the forefront..Fraser vs Leafs happened just a mere couple of months after Bettman took over the NHL..Coincidence...???
That was game 6. You still lost game 7.
That was game 6. You still lost game 7.
Doesnt matter, it took the sails out of the team..Do you think its a coincedence that Auger is related to Fraser??Dont ask how but they are.
$2,500 fine for Burrows, yet no word on anything going Auger's way.
I think Burrows is gonna be watched so closely by most if not all officials now for going after Auger. No phantom calls but alot of chincy shit is gonna be called on him for awhile.
I think Burrows is gonna be watched so closely by most if not all officials now for going after Auger. No phantom calls but alot of chincy shit is gonna be called on him for awhile.
It might go the other way.... refs will know that Walkom and the NHL will be watching like hawks anything involving Burrows, so they may back off him a little...

I dont get why players, coaches and Gms would even consider talking to the media at all..They get fined for speaking their mind. In this case Burrows felt justified, he wasnt really slandering anyone. What happened to free speech??If I was a player, i would NEVER give a quote to the media.