Unintelligent Design

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhhh... i saw what you were doing perfectly fine, actually... you failed to read the article in question, attempted to make a judgement about what the article did or did not say... got caught.. and then attempted to weasel out. I, on the other hand, am making no claims about the links you posted, whether I have read them or not, so tell me, how are the situations at all similar?being cute and clever is all well and good but at the end of the day you are just plain incorrect.
Once again you don't get what's going on. The lists posted was the point, my responses were related to this list, the fact that the MAIN POINT of the thread and the link was full of completely false 'proofs' as I showed multiple times, completely relieves anyone from needing to read the rest of the link.BTW, the last time you tried to make this point about me was after I had read the link and mocked it, then showed later why I not only read the link, but had an intimate knowledge of the subject from before you were able to walk.
Sometimes I really do wonder if you are just an athiest trying to rile everybody up.
Why, do I come off as arrogant while being wrong?
It's about "goose bumps". When we were hairy it made our hair stand on end to make us appear bigger to predators. Now, not so much. ( The eskimos, along with other humans, have less hair partially because they have evolved the ability to remove the hair from other animals and use it to keep warm. Thick hair is a good adaptation, but thick hair you can take off when needed is even better. )
Oh, so goose bumps only have the single use of making us look bigger to predators.Wondering how you are able to argue the open-mindedness of science while making this blanket statement...
Why, do I come off as arrogant while being wrong?
yes, actuallyYou also frequently try to belittle people when caught in a situation you can't respond to, which I don't appriciate... not that you care.
yes, actuallyYou also frequently try to belittle people when caught in a situation you can't respond to, which I don't appriciate... not that you care.
Wow, Maybe I am a closet athiest
Oh, so goose bumps only have the single use of making us look bigger to predators.Wondering how you are able to argue the open-mindedness of science while making this blanket statement...
Well no, that's one thing piloerection is for. We can't effectively piloerect, we can only make our skin bumpy. Goose bumps are a piloerection fail. But anyways: "Although structures usually called "vestigial" are largely or entirely functionless, a vestigial structure may retain lesser functions or develop minor new ones."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VestigialityAlthough, I am curious to hear what you think the new function of goose bumps is.
"Although structures usually called "vestigial" are largely or entirely functionless, a vestigial structure may retain lesser functions or develop minor new ones."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VestigialityAlthough, I am curious to hear what you think the new function of goose bumps is.
Obv not all of us know the reason for everything....while claiming to be a searcher of truth with a mind open to all possibilitiesBut the minute you try to argue that you 'know' that things like a coccyx are vestigial because it's nick-name is a tail-bone and that means it must have formerly been a tail, even though it is a vital anchor point for the muscles needed to sit down...then you lose the open-minded seeker of truth badge.You can turn it in now, or bear the burden of knowing in the back of your mind that this day; you defended a racist, and a lie, both in the same day....I wouldn't want to be you right now.Oh yea, congrats on the new baby
Obv not all of us know the reason for everything....while claiming to be a searcher of truth with a mind open to all possibilitiesBut the minute you try to argue that you 'know' that things like a coccyx are vestigial because it's nick-name is a tail-bone and that means it must have formerly been a tail, even though it is a vital anchor point for the muscles needed to sit down...then you lose the open-minded seeker of truth badge.You can turn it in now, or bear the burden of knowing in the back of your mind that this day; you defended a racist, and a lie, both in the same day....I wouldn't want to be you right now.
So in other words, you can't think of one. Neither can I!
Oh yea, congrats on the new baby
Thanks. It's going to be tough raising a kid in this world with so many religions out there.
So in other words, you can't think of one. Neither can I!
You wouldn't be so smug if I could think of something...but at least I didn't hang my hat on the idea that they were formally used to make us 'look bigger' so that the saber tooth tiger ran away. You know the saber tooth?..he was upwards of 15 feet long. Luckily he was afraid of animals exactly 1/4 of an inch larger than we were.
Thanks. It's going to be tough raising a kid in this world with so many religions out there.
I remember the first second I got to hold my baby girl. Now she herself is due in a couple weeks with her first baby. It goes fast. And worth the ride. ( except from the 12-17 years stage, that stage sucks )

Moving along...Let's look at the Bat Skeleton. Look familiar? Notice the spine (and the tail), ankle and knee joints, shoulder and elbow Look how similar the five wing bones are to our fingers. So did we have a common ancestor with shared genes (well we know we share genes) or did God just keep using his basic design for all mammals only with variances? BAT.jpg

Moving along...Let's look at the Bat Skeleton. Look familiar? Notice the spine (and the tail), ankle and knee joints, shoulder and elbow Look how similar the five wing bones are to our fingers. So did we have a common ancestor with shared genes (well we know we share genes) or did God just keep using his basic design for all mammals only with variances? BAT.jpg
So your point is that if two different animals share a common design, they must have been both caused by random changes in their dna over millions of years CONCURRENTLY?Or are you now ready to show us the part of the tree where we split off from the branch that led to the bat holding onto this design, while we did also?
So your point is that if two different animals share a common design, they must have been both caused by random changes in their dna over millions of years CONCURRENTLY? either descended from a common ancestor or shaped by similar environmental pressures

So similar design lends more credibility to the idea of small evolutionary changes over millions of years better than it lends itself to the notion of a common Designer?Color me perplexed.

If there is a God I can see why he made the cute Koala Bears. KoalaBear_crop_50.jpg My question is why he when the Ark finally landed he made all the Marsupials walk from the middle east to a coast somewhere and then swim all the way to Australia? I mean didn't he like them or was he trying to keep the separate from the rest of the mammals?

I'm like, "Hey... Hold on fellows... Let me hold one of you, and feed you a leaf." Koala bears are so cute, why do they have to be so far away from me. We need to ship a few over, so I can hold one, and pat it on its head.--Mitch Hedberg

If there is a God I can see why he made the cute Koala Bears. KoalaBear_crop_50.jpg My question is why he when the Ark finally landed he made all the Marsupials walk from the middle east to a coast somewhere and then swim all the way to Australia? I mean didn't he like them or was he trying to keep the separate from the rest of the mammals?
Funny thing about that ark, they accidentally stumbled onto the perfect formula for all ship building dimensions 5:3:1 Mankind wasn't able to understand or recognize this for a little over 5,900 years after God set down the dimensions.The fact you are allowing for the notion of the ark, to come to your 'point' of how it doesn't make sens, shows the irrational position you are putting yourself in.Once you allow for the ability of God to have an ark built and fill it with all the animals, what He does afterwards is already proven to be possible.Asking why is pointless, the answer will not mean anything because the answer probably wasn't supposed to mean anything.
Funny thing about that ark, they accidentally stumbled onto the perfect formula for all ship building dimensions 5:3:1 Mankind wasn't able to understand or recognize this for a little over 5,900 years after God set down the dimensions.The fact you are allowing for the notion of the ark, to come to your 'point' of how it doesn't make sens, shows the irrational position you are putting yourself in.Once you allow for the ability of God to have an ark built and fill it with all the animals, what He does afterwards is already proven to be possible.Asking why is pointless, the answer will not mean anything because the answer probably wasn't supposed to mean anything.
You got me. I don't understand. How did he get the marsupials to Australia, the 3 toed sloth to South America and if the animals came from all 4 corners of the earth how long did they have to wait for the slug?
You got me. I don't understand. How did he get the marsupials to Australia, the 3 toed sloth to South America and if the animals came from all 4 corners of the earth how long did they have to wait for the slug?
He planned it all out in plenty of time and made it all come together at the appointed time.that's one of the perks of being All-Knowing, All-Powerful and Omni-Present.That and He gets to decide the rules.
He planned it all out in plenty of time and made it all come together at the appointed time.that's one of the perks of being All-Knowing, All-Powerful and Omni-Present.That and He gets to decide the rules.
So can you explain? With his all-knowing powers did he use a Star Trek like machine to beam them there? I'm kinda silly but I thought that just maybe all marsupials evolved there from a common marsupial-gened ancestor? Wouldn't that explain it alot simpler?But if you insist I have to ask. How did he get enough food on the Ark to feed all the dinosaurs for a year? Those TRexs must have ate alot of berries in that time, eh?
Hang on this is a hard one for me to swallow. You actually believe that a ship was built that contained every species of animal which currently lives on earth? All of the beetles of Africa, New World Monkeys, Polar Bears, bats, deep sea plankton, and kangaroos, all in the middle east on a boat? Seriously?
So can you explain? With his all-knowing powers did he use a Star Trek like machine to beam them there? I'm kinda silly but I thought that just maybe all marsupials evolved there from a common marsupial-gened ancestor? Wouldn't that explain it alot simpler?But if you insist I have to ask. How did he get enough food on the Ark to feed all the dinosaurs for a year? Those TRexs must have ate alot of berries in that time, eh?
You know you are losing this argument just by having it.You are asking how could a Being capable of flooding the entire planet for 40 days overcome the nearly impossible task of a breakfast buffet?Next you'll want to prove God can't be real because when He created the universe He didn't write down the locations of the cheat codes for Castle Wolfenstein.
Hang on this is a hard one for me to swallow. You actually believe that a ship was built that contained every species of animal which currently lives on earth? All of the beetles of Africa, New World Monkeys, Polar Bears, bats, deep sea plankton, and kangaroos, all in the middle east on a boat? Seriously?
Yes I do.You don't?Why would you doubt it? Randy has already given me the carte blanch acceptance of it's reality. He's just struggling over some of the trivial details.And answer me this Mr. Racist defender....where are all the unicorns?