Unintelligent Design

I don't see your point.You are saying there is no way God would make something that looks like an elephant because it's got a big nose?And you are saying that since many species of elephants have died off this means God couldn't have made them?You do understand that the fall of man brought change to God's original plan and as such things die now?
I think the operating word was "intelligent". And no, I don't understand the babble about the fall of man and how God had no power to do anything about it.
This is why God in his wisdom evolved plastic surgeons. Also if you are using poor designs to debunk a creator, the earth itself is one big botched job.
Well, uh,thanks for the support I guess.
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have no examples of humans with tails,
Except for every single human embryo
(other than random freaks of nature )
and a bunch of freaks of nature (thanks to god for those?)
The fact that without the tail bone we would have serious issues with muscles, ligaments and tendons not having a place to connect to shows that this is a purposeful and necessary part of the human anatomy.
...which used to be a tail.
I think it's because it is nick-named 'tail-bone' that so many of you guys are fooled.
Or, it's nick-named a tail-bone because it corresponds to our tail.
I think the operating word was "intelligent". And no, I don't understand the babble about the fall of man and how God had no power to do anything about it.
Yea, it's obvious you don't understand that.I mean you are trying to pass off an appendage that is vital to our ability to walk sit and dance as vestigial...Why would I suspect you to understand one of the more basic concepts in Christianity?

Does this livescience site understand the whole process of male/female division in the zygite etc to explain the reason for nipples on men?I guess when you have nothing but made up science you got to grab what you can.Funny that it is #1 on their list.Like at one time we needed them and now we don't.I guess the word vestigial has lost it's meaning since the scopes trial destroyed it's relevance to truth.

Does this livescience site understand the whole process of male/female division in the zygite etc to explain the reason for nipples on men?I guess when you have nothing but made up science you got to grab what you can.Funny that it is #1 on their list.Like at one time we needed them and now we don't.I guess the word vestigial has lost it's meaning since the scopes trial destroyed it's relevance to truth.
Well we know you didn't read the actual article since1 - I screwed up the numbering and forgot the appendix. nipples were #22 - the article says this: The subject of male nipples is a sensitive, and maybe confusing, topic to many. Those who wish to invalidate evolutionary theory might pose the question, "Was man descended from woman?" The answer, of course, is no. Both men and women have nipples because in early stages of fetal development, an unborn child is effectively sexless. Nipples are present in both males and females; it is only in a later stage of fetal development that testosterone causes sex differentiation in a fetus. All mammals, male and female, have mammary glands. Male nipples are vestigial; they may perform a small role in sexual stimulation and a small number of men have been able to lactate. However, they are not fully functional and, because cancer can grow in male or female breast tissue, the tissue can be dangerous.
Well we know you didn't read the actual article since1 - I screwed up the numbering and forgot the appendix. nipples were #22 - the article says this: The subject of male nipples is a sensitive, and maybe confusing, topic to many. Those who wish to invalidate evolutionary theory might pose the question, "Was man descended from woman?" The answer, of course, is no. Both men and women have nipples because in early stages of fetal development, an unborn child is effectively sexless. Nipples are present in both males and females; it is only in a later stage of fetal development that testosterone causes sex differentiation in a fetus. All mammals, male and female, have mammary glands. Male nipples are vestigial; they may perform a small role in sexual stimulation and a small number of men have been able to lactate. However, they are not fully functional and, because cancer can grow in male or female breast tissue, the tissue can be dangerous.
1. I never read the article...I have standards for what I put into my brain, and after seeing the list, I knew this would be wasted effort.2. I think you will need have to have crow redefine vestigial for us, because the current definition is not met by the above's explanation. It doesn't matter if something is potentially harmful to us to make it become vestigial, nor is it required to be fully functioning, it needs to have been used before, but now have no function.When the geniuses at this joke site explain what the male nipples used to be for, then they can claim they are no longer useful. Until then they, like you guys, are making up facts to fit your bias.It's common. And easily spotted by those of us who hold truth to be higher than bias.
1. I never read the article...I have standards for what I put into my brain, and after seeing the list, I knew this would be wasted effort.2. I think you will need have to have crow redefine vestigial for us, because the current definition is not met by the above's explanation. It doesn't matter if something is potentially harmful to us to make it become vestigial, nor is it required to be fully functioning, it needs to have been used before, but now have no function.When the geniuses at this joke site explain what the male nipples used to be for, then they can claim they are no longer useful. Until then they, like you guys, are making up facts to fit your bias.It's common. And easily spotted by those of us who hold truth to be higher than bias.
Well Mr. Truth can you explain what God was thinking when he gave Trex those dinky little arms? I mean wtf? I bet he was laughing his ass off that day.turd.png
Well Mr. Truth can you explain what God was thinking when he gave Trex those dinky little arms? I mean wtf? I bet he was laughing his ass off that day.turd.png
Trex was a vegetarian and those little hands were useful for stripping an extinct berry from an extinct plant that required little arms on a large body.Of course this is the standard deflection of the evolutionist. Once their cute little attempts at 'proving' their theory are proven completely baseless and false, they try to attack the messenger.Your link was a joke, with no basis in reality. Don't blame me for tearing it apart.And I guess the nose could have been placed somewhere else...there's the side of the head, under the chin, below the mouth?I mean it should have somewhat close access to the brain to interpret the data, so the head makes sense. Oh and you'll want to keep the water out of it when it rains, so a little downward angle would be good. I guess the nose isn't such a mess after all.
Trex was a vegetarian and those little hands were useful for stripping an extinct berry from an extinct plant that required little arms on a large body.Of course this is the standard deflection of the evolutionist. Once their cute little attempts at 'proving' their theory are proven completely baseless and false, they try to attack the messenger.Your link was a joke, with no basis in reality. Don't blame me for tearing it apart.And I guess the nose could have been placed somewhere else...there's the side of the head, under the chin, below the mouth?I mean it should have somewhat close access to the brain to interpret the data, so the head makes sense. Oh and you'll want to keep the water out of it when it rains, so a little downward angle would be good. I guess the nose isn't such a mess after all.
Okay, so God made this huge dinosaur with little arms so that he could only eat berries and then took the berries away so they could starve to death? Right.Can you explain why humans and the Paddlefish share some of the same genes, namely the Hox gene which enables both to grow arms (or fins)?
Okay, so God made this huge dinosaur with little arms so that he could only eat berries and then took the berries away so they could starve to death? Right.Can you explain why humans and the Paddlefish share some of the same genes, namely the Hox gene which enables both to grow arms (or fins)?
When God was making the Paddlefish on Thursday, he was coming in right after the cleaning woman, Helga, had 'straightened up'. this caused his organization plan of organizing everything by molecular weight to be messed up and instead by organized by alphabetic number of neutrons/electron ratios. Otherwise the Hox gene would have been way over on the outskirts of the lab and you can bet God would have skipped using it for the fish since he needed it for Friday's big day. Instead it was right in front of Him so he saved time because if there is one thing you can bet on, it's that God is an efficient Creator of new lifeforms.Now your turn, why do Humans share over 60% of their DNA with fruit flys?
Now your turn, why do Humans share over 60% of their DNA with fruit flys?
I can't say I knew that figure, but why is it surprising?We're not similar to fruit flies as compared to other animals, but as compared to say a rock, we're pretty similar. We reproduce sexually. We eat things and digest them. We have multiple cells with common features.
I can't say I knew that figure, but why is it surprising?We're not similar to fruit flies as compared to other animals, but as compared to say a rock, we're pretty similar. We reproduce sexually. We eat things and digest them. We have multiple cells with common features.
Sorry, the assertion is that these things disprove the ability for there to be a Creator, I am merely doing what you are doing, which is turn that logic around and show it for it's weak point that it is.For you to re-point out my point shows that either:1. My point was correct, hence I win2. My logic was correct, hence I win.Therefore, we are stuck with uncharacteristic results of me winning the debate.Good day sirs
Instead it was right in front of Him so he saved time because if there is one thing you can bet on, it's that God is an efficient Creator of new lifeforms.
Efficient of what resource? Engineering effort? You're saying that God was smart to reuse parts of his design so as to not waste his time?I think we've just successfully ruled out the creation of species on Earth by different gods of finite ability acting independently.
Efficient of what resource? Engineering effort? You're saying that God was smart to reuse parts of his design so as to not waste his time?I think we've just successfully ruled out the creation of species on Earth by different gods of finite ability acting independently.
I am going to have a hard time if you remove my ability to make snide remarks and offhanded quips by either not seeing them for what they are, or by forcing me to defend them as 100% true.Besides, this topic is about the foolish lists created by this lying website and it's inability to understand what the word vestigial is.The hair on our body is vestigial now? Because why? It used to be used to keep us warm? LOLMust suck for those Eskimos who have over a million years of living in the coldest climate known to man and yet they have evolved LESS hair on their bodies than the people that live in Spain, a mild climate.I mean I can understand why the Scopes trial that allowed us to teach the completely faith based theory of evolution in school because they didn't have the science they have now to counter the claims of the bunk scientist of the day who claimed we had 180 vestigial organs in the human body...but what's our excuse today?
fyp
uhhh... i saw what you were doing perfectly fine, actually... you failed to read the article in question, attempted to make a judgement about what the article did or did not say... got caught.. and then attempted to weasel out. I, on the other hand, am making no claims about the links you posted, whether I have read them or not, so tell me, how are the situations at all similar?being cute and clever is all well and good but at the end of the day you are just plain incorrect.
I mean I can understand why the Scopes trial that allowed us to teach the completely faith based theory of evolution in school because they didn't have the science they have now to counter the claims of the bunk scientist of the day who claimed we had 180 vestigial organs in the human body...but what's our excuse today?
Sometimes I really do wonder if you are just an athiest trying to rile everybody up.
The hair on our body is vestigial now? Because why? It used to be used to keep us warm? LOLMust suck for those Eskimos who have over a million years of living in the coldest climate known to man and yet they have evolved LESS hair on their bodies than the people that live in Spain, a mild climate.
It's about "goose bumps". When we were hairy it made our hair stand on end to make us appear bigger to predators. Now, not so much. ( The eskimos, along with other humans, have less hair partially because they have evolved the ability to remove the hair from other animals and use it to keep warm. Thick hair is a good adaptation, but thick hair you can take off when needed is even better. )