Is This A Good Play?

Full Tilt Poker Game #17443447853: $3 + $0.30 Tournament (130942376), Table 112 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:34:29 ET - 2010/01/08Seat 1: Sf united (5,280)Seat 2: mikecommander (2,975)Seat 3: Littleisrael (3,370)Seat 4: Harryand Aga (11,820)Seat 5: DaPound (2,370)Seat 6: kwom5 (2,785)Seat 7: FILTHYRICH 335 (6,560)Seat 8: FullHouse1201 (1,945)Seat 9: mphammertime (9,941)DaPound posts the small blind of 100kwom5 posts the big blind of 200The button is in seat #4*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to mphammertime [Jc Jh]FILTHYRICH 335 has 15 seconds left to actFILTHYRICH 335 has timed outFILTHYRICH 335 foldsFILTHYRICH 335 is sitting outFullHouse1201 foldsFILTHYRICH 335 has returnedmphammertime raises to 555Sf united foldsmikecommander foldsLittleisrael foldsHarryand Aga calls 555DaPound has 15 seconds left to actDaPound has requested TIMEDaPound raises to 2,370, and is all inkwom5 foldsmphammertime raises to 9,941, and is all inHarryand Aga foldsmphammertime shows [Jc Jh]DaPound shows [9d 8c]Uncalled bet of 7,571 returned to mphammertime*** FLOP *** [8h Qd 2d]*** TURN *** [8h Qd 2d] [9c]*** RIVER *** [8h Qd 2d 9c] [7s]mphammertime shows a pair of JacksDaPound shows two pair, Nines and EightsDaPound wins the pot (5,495) with two pair, Nines and Eights*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 5,495 | Rake 0Board: [8h Qd 2d 9c 7s]Seat 1: Sf united didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: mikecommander didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: Littleisrael didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: Harryand Aga (button) folded before the FlopSeat 5: DaPound (small blind) showed [9d 8c] and won (5,495) with two pair, Nines and EightsSeat 6: kwom5 (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 7: FILTHYRICH 335 didn't bet (folded)Seat 8: FullHouse1201 didn't bet (folded)Seat 9: mphammertime showed [Jc Jh] and lost with a pair of JacksAfter the hand I made a comment some what to the effect of "that was an intelligent play"The guy just went ballistic on me about how it was the perfect squeeze play and it was the smart play in his spot with his stack size/pot odds, etc.So I'm curious if this is a smart play on his part? Is there a particular range he should squeeze with or is any 2 cards correct? Seems like a dumb play to me, but if its correct I want to learn why.

Full Tilt Poker $3 + $0.30 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100/t200 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 464239The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterMP1: t5280 M = 17.60MP2: t2975 M = 9.92CO: t3370 M = 11.23BTN: t11820 M = 39.40SB: t2370 M = 7.90BB: t2785 M = 9.28UTG: t6560 M = 21.87UTG+1: t1945 M = 6.48Hero (UTG+2): t9941 M = 33.14Pre Flop: (t300) Hero is UTG+2 with J :qh J :5c2 folds, Hero raises to t555, 3 folds, BTN calls t555, SB requests TIME, SB raises to t2370 all in, 1 fold, Hero raises to t9941 all in, 1 foldFlop: (t5495) 8 :3h Q :club: 2 :tsTurn: (t5495) 9 :jhRiver: (t5495) 7 :4h

god awful play by him to be honest, i guess he was praying you would have an under pocket pair, in $3 tournys you will see wild crap like this, your line is totally super standard

god awful play by him to be honest, i guess he was praying you would have an under pocket pair, in $3 tournys you will see wild crap like this, your line is totally super standard
I feel like I understand what a squeeze play is and i also feel that I have a general understanding of when you might utilize this to your advantage, but I agree, I thought this was just plain bad. I know my line was fine, but he argued with me for like 20 min about how he was justified in shoving there.Anyone else?

squeeze plays are usually decent when you are very deep and you feel that the opener is simply trying to steal blinds a lot, and that the overcaller is an idiot. both need to be kinda tight. it is very risky, with not a ton of reward, unless we need to balance our ranges, it isn't needed and at this level, dont even worry about it!

Full Tilt Poker $3 + $0.30 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100/t200 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 464239The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterMP1: t5280 M = 17.60MP2: t2975 M = 9.92CO: t3370 M = 11.23BTN: t11820 M = 39.40SB: t2370 M = 7.90BB: t2785 M = 9.28UTG: t6560 M = 21.87UTG+1: t1945 M = 6.48Hero (UTG+2): t9941 M = 33.14Pre Flop: (t300) Hero is UTG+2 with J :qh J :5c2 folds, Hero raises to t555, 3 folds, BTN calls t555, SB requests TIME, SB raises to t2370 all in, 1 fold, Hero raises to t9941 all in, 1 foldFlop: (t5495) 8 :3h Q :club: 2 :tsTurn: (t5495) 9 :jhRiver: (t5495) 7 :4h
His play is terrible. He has no idea what a correct squeeze play is. His stack is way too small to try this. You arent folding from early position unless you made a wacky play with a small pair or small suited connectors. This is a perfect example of why poker is so profitable. You have players who read a strategy book halfway. They know the terms and read about plays to make but use them at inappropriate times. These players are actually worse than a pure rank amateur. They know half of what they are talking about. They dont quite know what they are talking about and it actually leads to worse decisions then if they knew nothing at all. Never argue with these ppl. Agree with him and let him do it again. You win far more often then you lose. Dont ever let someone who is wrong think they are wrong. Thats just bad buisness.
His play is terrible. He has no idea what a correct squeeze play is. His stack is way too small to try this. You arent folding from early position unless you made a wacky play with a small pair or small suited connectors. This is a perfect example of why poker is so profitable. You have players who read a strategy book halfway. They know the terms and read about plays to make but use them at inappropriate times. These players are actually worse than a pure rank amateur. They know half of what they are talking about. They dont quite know what they are talking about and it actually leads to worse decisions then if they knew nothing at all. Never argue with these ppl. Agree with him and let him do it again. You win far more often then you lose. Dont ever let someone who is wrong think they are wrong. Thats just bad buisness.
QFT, never tap the glass. Just because someone knows the lingo doesn't mean they KNOW the lingo.

He saw a small raise then a call and figured it was enough to squeeze. His play was terrible since he didn't consider the many more factors for a good squeeze play, especially stack size, in this case.

He saw a small raise then a call and figured it was enough to squeeze. His play was terrible since he didn't consider the many more factors for a good squeeze play, especially stack size, in this case.
stack sizes and image are everything more or less in a proper squeeze

WELL HE DI DONLY HAVE 12 BBS AND 8 9 IF IT WAS SUITED I'D SAY IT PLAYS GOOD BUT NO IT WAS NOT A GOOD SQUEZE AT ALL HE HAD NO FOLD EQUAILTY AND THE OTHER GUY HAD 9000 BUT HE WOULD RAISE AN FOLD ALOT OF HANDS TRYING 2 STEAL THE BLINDS IF 1 BUY BET 555 AND A CALL OF 555 WELL TDHAT'S 1110 IN THERE ALREADY PLUS THE ANTE'S PLUS THE 555 HE CALLED SO IF HE JUST RAISED IT LIKE 1500 MORE IT WAS A VERY STUPID PLAY THE JACK JACK GUY WAS GETTIN 2 1 HE WOUDL HAVE CALLED WITH 7 2 I MEAN WTF HOW'S THAT A GOOD SQUEZE EVEN IF HE FOLDS AFRAID OF THE OTHER GUY THE OTHER GUY STILL CALLS WITH 7 2 GETTIN OVER 2 1 THAT'S THE DUMB'ES PLAY I'VE EVERY SEEN LOL THAT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE 2 A GOOD SQUEZE

I feel like I understand what a squeeze play is and i also feel that I have a general understanding of when you might utilize this to your advantage, but I agree, I thought this was just plain bad. I know my line was fine, but he argued with me for like 20 min about how he was justified in shoving there.Anyone else?
YES I AGREE RESHOVING WITH FE OR SQUEZEING DOSN'T SEEM 2 BE A VERY PROFATBLE PLAY AT ALL YOUR WAY BETTER 2 OPEN SHOVE WHEN YOU GET 2 P/F TIME

I was going to just ditto what everyone else said, terrible use of the "squeeze" play. Your line was very standard. Then I got to the end of this thread my brain almost went into meltdown...three consecutive posts with Cap Locks on and no punctuation at all. Wow!