Deep In A Turbo

Down to around 30 players in a 16.5 turbo, it started with like 3k people. So obviously i have to get myself at least on the top 12 where the decent money starts.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 16.5 Tournament, 6000/12000 Blinds 1500 Ante (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO (t123876)Hero (Button) (t121603)SB (t69826)BB (t119870)UTG (t330131)MP (t299430)Hero's M: 4.50Preflop: Hero is Button with 9spade.gif, 10spade.gif3 foldsTotal pot: t21000hero?

If we werent this deep, it would be a pretty standard shove, but the fact that you are so close to making some serious money here makes this a fold IMHO.We are very short, yes, but we're also on the button which means we can still see a whole round of hands before the blinds hit us. Also, every1 else is so short, so there's a good chance we get through some more players while we wait for a better spot. It's tough, but I would much rather get it in with an A, or maybe some kind of pair. If we shove here more often than not we'll get called and most of the time when we get called here we're a small dog, if not dominated. That's not good, i'd fold it and wait for a slightly better spot. Remember the blinds are so big, all it takes is one or two big hands and all of a sudden you have plenty of chips to work with.

I like a shove. Fwiw, this hand will hold up slightly better than a weak ace vs. villains calling range.And I don't think we're getting called here more than 17-20%, and we shouldn't be a huge dog vs. that range. I'd rather play aggressive with this many chips in the pot already.

If we werent this deep, it would be a pretty standard shove, but the fact that you are so close to making some serious money here makes this a fold IMHO.We are very short, yes, but we're also on the button which means we can still see a whole round of hands before the blinds hit us. Also, every1 else is so short, so there's a good chance we get through some more players while we wait for a better spot. It's tough, but I would much rather get it in with an A, or maybe some kind of pair. If we shove here more often than not we'll get called and most of the time when we get called here we're a small dog, if not dominated. That's not good, i'd fold it and wait for a slightly better spot. Remember the blinds are so big, all it takes is one or two big hands and all of a sudden you have plenty of chips to work with.
what??How deep you are in a tourney does not at all affect your decision-making, unless it's a FT when ICM considerations come into play. This is 10000% a shove, it's not even close to the point of warranting discussion, shoving is optimal and unexploitable.
what??How deep you are in a tourney does not at all affect your decision-making, unless it's a FT when ICM considerations come into play. This is 10000% a shove, it's not even close to the point of warranting discussion, shoving is optimal and unexploitable.
ok,

jam 2 suited connector both over 6 all day, villains are calling any PP, it is a turbo so we have to be more willing than normal to open shove, just taking blinds and antes down here is great, super standard shove imo

I agree with the shovage. I love sooted connectors and, yes, they do hold up awfully nicely against a lot of calling ranges. Also, people are likely to put you on a "stronger" hand, thereby reducing their calling margins somewhat. I think the only people calling this shove are JJ+ and AK, maybe AQ, unless they are hugely stacked. And you're still going to have a lot of outs...You'll almost always have 2 live cards here.

This is the scary part of turbos and I hesitate at these spots as well. If there was a bet in front of you, I'd fold but with no action to you, it's the perfect spot to steal the blinds. If you are called, you're aren't dead. More than 80% of the time they fold which makes this a very profitable move.Shove!