Poker Stars Pca Day 3

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

probably the sickest call I've ever heard of... soul read
Seriously that is just nuts. I hope that someday I'm able to break down hands like that and make hero calls

2010 PCA: GIMBLE GOING FOR GOLD ON DAY THREE"Harrison Gimbel may sound like the name of the hero in some children's magical adventure story, but he is in fact the chip leader tonight, having ventured through the looking glass late tonight to amass a stack some 2,625,000 strong."Your my hero Gibler!

Seriously that is just nuts. I hope that someday I'm able to break down hands like that and make hero calls
You need a little run-good going for you as well. When I make calls like this, they turn over 7-8.TID PLZ GIB
2010 PCA: GIMBLE GOING FOR GOLD ON DAY THREE"Harrison Gimbel may sound like the name of the hero in some children's magical adventure story, but he is in fact the chip leader tonight, having ventured through the looking glass late tonight to amass a stack some 2,625,000 strong."Your my hero Gibler!
LOL, guess it could be worse.
video about about daniel folding a set of 10's yesterday. enjoyhttp://www.cardplayer.com/cptv/channels/13...et-to-froehlich
I really thought it was a bad fold when I read the live updates on twitter or Poker News, I don't remember where I read it 1st. I think it is one of those spots where the chance to get ahold of so many chips outweighs survival. Watching Froehlich's response and learning they do have a history and I guess believingthat Froehlich is more solid than the average kid his age mitigates the circumstances slightly, but as the hand was played out, obviously Froehlich played the hand much worse than Daniel, and I guess that is the only reason he didn't go broke - Daniel just couldn't put him on calling a check raise on the flop with KJ.As great a tournament player as Daniel is, I think he needs to gamble in this spot... I would lay pretty good odds Phil Ivey is calling here 99.9 percent.The thing that tips the scales for me is that if he doubles up at that point, he doesn't need to gamble again til close to the final table, he is so talented that with 600k in chips he will be able to chip up the rest of the way with very little risk.. If the king had completed a flush draw then I would agree the fold was ok even if his set was good, but since AQ is easy to rule out, and are pocket jacks are more likely to re-raise and get Daniel pot comitted on the flop, I think you just gotta go broke if your set is no good.