Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($25)Hero (SB) ($25.11)BB ($82.30)UTG ($25)MP ($62.60)Preflop: Hero is SB with 10club.gif, 10spade.gif3 folds, Hero bets $1, BB calls $0.75Flop: ($2) Qclub.gif, 2spade.gif, 7heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $1.25, BB calls $1.25Turn: ($4.50) Qdiamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $2.75, BB raises to $5.50, Hero calls $2.75River: ($15.50) 3diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $6, Hero...Villain is 42/9/62 over 100 handsNow that I'm looking at it, I don't really like my bet on the turn

yah betting the turn makes our hand and turns it into a total bluff, and min raises are very polarized usually, either the nuts or air, and if he has shown down mostly strong hands, he has got QX like 98% the time here. Just remember that the people who do this are really bad and have no idea of vbetting or floating/ image, so play it very st8 forward when you see it, as played i fold turn, bc if he had floated and we seena blank river, we check fold, it is basically the same thing against this kind of villain. you peeled, super easy c/f unless you catch a boat. save yourself $5 and check turn then maybe we could call bc villain has been decently aggro, re eval river planing to check fold a lot, which makes me almost wanna dump on the turn if we can't check it down to be honest, but im nitty check call turn could catch a few bluffs and hopefully check down river

yah betting the turn makes our hand and turns it into a total bluff, and min raises are very polarized usually, either the nuts or air, and if he has shown down mostly strong hands, he has got QX like 98% the time here. Just remember that the people who do this are really bad and have no idea of vbetting or floating/ image, so play it very st8 forward when you see it, as played i fold turn, bc if he had floated and we seena blank river, we check fold, it is basically the same thing against this kind of villain. you peeled, super easy c/f unless you catch a boat. save yourself $5 and check turn then maybe we could call bc villain has been decently aggro, re eval river planing to check fold a lot, which makes me almost wanna dump on the turn if we can't check it down to be honest, but im nitty check call turn could catch a few bluffs and hopefully check down river
I agree I should have check/called the turn, but betting the turn doesn't turn my hand into a bluff. I was betting for value. I just couldn't dump it to a minraise because, like a I said, I hate being minraised.
I agree I should have check/called the turn, but betting the turn doesn't turn my hand into a bluff. I was betting for value. I just couldn't dump it to a minraise because, like a I said, I hate being minraised.
you really think villain has a worst under pocket pair, like 9's, 8's, 6's??? idk seems sketchy. did you have reads to think that?

I agree with James Naismith.1) Less likely he has a Q.2) Less likely in his mind that we have a Q or better, thus he'll call with his 7, or float with A high.3) Easiest fold to a raise ever, yes, even a min one.IMO.

I agree with James Naismith.1) Less likely he has a Q.2) Less likely in his mind that we have a Q or better, thus he'll call with his 7, or float with A high.3) Easiest fold to a raise ever, yes, even a min one.IMO.
Agreed. I think you really may have gotten floated on the flop by a player in position on an innocent looking board and then he popped it when you threw out a weakish turn bet. I think the correct move was betting like $3.50 on the turn so you actually find out where you are. If he raises fold. Check/calling makes no sense to me. I assume then you are checking the river and hoping that he checks behind? If he doesnt are you just check/calling the river as well? Were you set mining? Your out of position you need to be aggressive. I think check/calling the turn is a waste if you check/fold the river.If you check the turn and he bets out you should raise or fold depending on whether or not you think he has a queen.If you bet the turn and he just calls again now the river is more interesting. Most likely you are behind or he just has a lower pp.
I think the correct move was betting like $3.50 on the turn so you actually find out where you are. If he raises fold. Check/calling makes no sense to me. I assume then you are checking the river and hoping that he checks behind? If he doesnt are you just check/calling the river as well? Were you set mining? Your out of position you need to be aggressive. I think check/calling the turn is a waste if you check/fold the river.If you check the turn and he bets out you should raise or fold depending on whether or not you think he has a queen.
Never bet to find out where you're at. We bet to make a worse hand call or a better hand fold. That's it.Personally, if I check-called the turn, I'd bet-fold the river. I asked a much better 6m player than me about that line and he said, "its not terrible but i dont really expect him to have a lot of worse hands he calls with." After discussing it further, he said, "i think its a fine line really." So, to a degree, it's going to be player dependent.Check-raising that turn is pretty bad, though, unless you have specific reason to think you can get him to lay down JJ+ or call with a worse hand.
Not betting the turn would be extremely bad.
Had to timestamp these a few times to make sure.But, get off my forum please.

Also I agree with everything Zach said, but make the turn bet a little bigger, like $3.25. I like the flop sizing because you're keeping worse hands calling, but don't always just make your sizing really small. On the turn you still keep 7s in because like Zach said they give you less credit for a Q now. Also by betting bigger you're going to get bluffed at less here and won't have the bad excuse to call the smaller minraise.