Meet With God

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gawd.jpgGreen is the color of jealousy. Upright and attentive connotes existing or being.
LOL. In that case, yes, it is hilarious.That thought was separate from the original question as speedz pointed out, but it was rather unclear. I appreciate the thorough deconstruction and diagrams.
I'm not jealous of God, I'm jealous of Spademan.
Will answer math problems for food, eh?I have a word problem for you, if you're interested:Let's say you have 10 containers of jelly beans. Each container contains a very large amount of beans. Some jars contain beans that weigh 1 gram and others contain beans that weigh 1.1 grams. Using a digital scale - that is, you just put something on it and it tells you the weight - how can you use the scale only one time to determine which jars contain jelly beans which weigh 1.1 grams?
Let's say you have 10 containers of jelly beans. Each container contains a very large amount of beans. Some jars contain beans that weigh 1 gram and others contain beans that weigh 1.1 grams. Using a digital scale - that is, you just put something on it and it tells you the weight - how can you use the scale only one time to determine which jars contain jelly beans which weigh 1.1 grams?
Does "Take a bean out and weigh it" count as an answer?
I don't believe that Santa Clause exists
That's just crazy talk! You must hate presents!
I like the baby Jesus better.
I like the baby Jesus best, myself, but I'm also partial to the Buddy Christ.
Does "Take a bean out and weigh it" count as an answer?
No. You have to determine which (if any) jars contain 1.1 gram beans with one use of the scale. All jar weight contents must be known, not just one.
Can you add them to the scale one at a time?
Nope. You can put whatever onto the scale, but you can't add or remove and then read from it again. That would be equivalent to using it more than once.
Nope. You can put whatever onto the scale, but you can't add or remove and then read from it again. That would be equivalent to using it more than once.
Can you pray for the answer?
Will answer math problems for food, eh?I have a word problem for you, if you're interested:Let's say you have 10 containers of jelly beans. Each container contains a very large amount of beans. Some jars contain beans that weigh 1 gram and others contain beans that weigh 1.1 grams. Using a digital scale - that is, you just put something on it and it tells you the weight - how can you use the scale only one time to determine which jars contain jelly beans which weigh 1.1 grams?
Do we have any other assets? Perhaps a wheel barrow?
Let's say you have 10 containers of jelly beans. Each container contains a very large amount of beans. Some jars contain beans that weigh 1 gram and others contain beans that weigh 1.1 grams. Using a digital scale - that is, you just put something on it and it tells you the weight - how can you use the scale only one time to determine which jars contain jelly beans which weigh 1.1 grams?
Oh, then it's something like:Take 1 bean from jar 1, 10 from jar 2, 100 from jar 3, etcOr something like that. I'm too tired (hung over) to see if that works exactly, but the answer is along those lines.
Oh, then it's something like:Take 1 bean from jar 1, 10 from jar 2, 100 from jar 3, etcOr something like that. I'm too tired (hung over) to see if that works exactly, but the answer is along those lines.
Yes, that should work. I was looking powers of two (1,2,4,8..) from each jar, but this will work too.If you give me your address I'll send you a ham sandwich or something.
If you could meet with God for 15 minutes what would you say/do?
I would say, "You're boring. When can I leave you to go talk to Shakespeare, Einstein, Fitzgerald, Hemmingway, Salinger, Feynman, Kant, Lawrence, Twain, Picasso, and others?"