So they spread 5-card PLO and PLO8 over at Entraction(24h et al). What would your initial adjustments be in playing this? Tables are 6-handed or 8-handed.

I guess you would nut peddle post flop and play pretty tight preflop. I would think that hands like uncoordinated big pairs would go way down in value. Also low straight and flush draws would probably be unplayable. I think you would be looking to play high suited cards almost exclusively, and maybe highly coordinated middle rundowns like 6789Tds.

I guess you would nut peddle post flop and play pretty tight preflop. I would think that hands like uncoordinated big pairs would go way down in value. Also low straight and flush draws would probably be unplayable. I think you would be looking to play high suited cards almost exclusively, and maybe highly coordinated middle rundowns like 6789Tds.
Yes, post-flop generally wouldn't be a place for thinner shove plays. Bluffs and draw-charge bets on the turn would probably be the only bets I'd make without the nuts on the turn. I'd think to play big pairs, you would be looking for strictly set value, but AAds with any 3 reasonable cards could be played in the same way as regular Omaha.

stay tight, but very coordinated draws still have a ton of value, even more if multiple st8's and flush could be hit

lol tightif anybody wants to get a game of this going (at least four handed) with me ill play every single hand on the button as long as its for a limp or one raise.edit: everybody needs to be at least 100 big blinds deep.

lol tightif anybody wants to get a game of this going (at least four handed) with me ill play every single hand on the button as long as its for a limp or one raise.edit: everybody needs to be at least 100 big blinds deep.
Hi antistuff, I don't think you can play online if you're in the US unfortunately :-(Just trying to get some discussion going...There's a similar thread in PLO8. You think position sort of becomes more useful for bluffs?? Or what?
Hi antistuff, I don't think you can play online if you're in the US unfortunately :-(Just trying to get some discussion going...There's a similar thread in PLO8. You think position sort of becomes more useful for bluffs?? Or what?
yep. i think your average player is going to have a much harder time being able to call big bets on the river. look at how quickly everybody's reaction was "tight tight tight". its exactly that attitude that has allowed some players to kill plo8 so badly for years now.
yep. i think your average player is going to have a much harder time being able to call big bets on the river. look at how quickly everybody's reaction was "tight tight tight". its exactly that attitude that has allowed some players to kill plo8 so badly for years now.
Yeh, I know what you mean. That's the way I saw it from the style of the 'old days' before PLO got swingy. 2-1 for a nut change, and position rules the roost. The 5-card PLO8 is really interesting and it's an action game.