Bigd's Top 20 Movies Of The Decade

Wow..you're so....right about Clooney. I liked Michael Clayton and both Coen Movies. He was also good in the Ocean movies. I'm sure I'll like Up in the Air when I get around to that one. Then again, we both like Terminator and Survivor so a conservative and liberal can find common ground. Kum Ba Yah Time.
Fantastic
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait. Are you saying that George Clooney is no good? I'm getting even more confused with you vb.Michael Clayton was a fantastic film, another that my mind accidentally misplaced as I was making my list. Maybe I need to just start over and make a new one.
I don't think he's a bad actor or anything. I just don't like him.
ok, to put an end to your trolling...you missed the point of no country for old men. its point is essentially one of its lines: "you cant stop whats coming"there was a story. it involved chases and violence and other stuff. it was all brought about by the choices of the hunter guy early in the movie, and the point was that once he set things in motion, try as he may, he couldnt stop what was coming, it was hopeless. this has been explained to you. let me point out that chigur also gives him the option to turn himself in to save his wife and he decides not to. theres another choice. saying there is no story is just being trollish.
I'm not sure you understand what constitutes a story.
cormac mcarthy is basically saying people are enslaved to hopeless determinism, you might even say RUTHLESS DETERMINISM.
How profound!
I'm not sure you understand what constitutes a story.
That's funny, because I was about to say the exact same thing about you. (But I was going to utilize foul language, vitriol, and some over the top insults involving your mother. Something like "fuck you I fucked your mother" tacked onto the end.)
cormac mcarthy is basically saying people are enslaved to hopeless determinism, you might even say RUTHLESS DETERMINISM. in other words: dont blame me for punching you twice in the neck.
This was pretty awesome.
I like Clooney. But two of Clooney's worst movies were Coen Brothers movies. Two of the worst Coen Brothers movies had Clooney in them. And I am not a big fan of Michael Clayton. Is it even a movie you'd see more than once?
I've seen it 4 times or so, and I quite enjoy it.
You're wrong about the Coen's Clooney movies. Both are spectacular.Also, I've seen Michael Clayton at least 5 times, but it could be as high as 7. Tom Wilkinson is so good in that movie, it's scary. Clooney: also amazing.
3 times for me. Love it.
Just watched Changeling again.....man that is a great film.Curious to who has seen it here and what the thoughts are?
I saw it and thought it was really good, but also really depressing and I don't think I would watch it again.
Just watched Changeling again.....man that is a great film.Curious to who has seen it here and what the thoughts are?
I hated it because it made me so sad. Jolie was really good. I can't believe it's a true story. SOOOOO sucky.

let me tell you people, there is a serious lack of Michael Clayton in this thread (i know it was mentioned a few times). it is a movie without flaws, and i can think of flaws for many of the other great movies on everyones lists. it takes more than one viewing to see how perfectly everything works.

let me tell you people, there is a serious lack of Michael Clayton in this thread (i know it was mentioned a few times). it is a movie without flaws, and i can think of flaws for many of the other great movies on everyones lists. it takes more than one viewing to see how perfectly everything works.
Michael Clayton actually should have been on my list, prob, or at least honorable mention.

I just saw a major movie that has been on my list forever: Requiem for a Dream.It was way too over-hyped for me and I just didn't like it as much as I could have if I had seen it when it came out. I was severely disappointed. I expected Jennifer Connelly's character to be the star of the show, but she was 3rd or 4th best, at most, of the tiny cast. The mother was incredible, and it's a downright shame if she wasn't nominated.I'm not saying the movie was bad... I'm saying that it didn't even come close to what I had built up in my mind. I thought that The Wrestler was at least 10x the movie.

I just saw a major movie that has been on my list forever: Requiem for a Dream.It was way too over-hyped for me and I just didn't like it as much as I could have if I had seen it when it came out. I was severely disappointed. I expected Jennifer Connelly's character to be the star of the show, but she was 3rd or 4th best, at most, of the tiny cast. The mother was incredible, and it's a downright shame if she wasn't nominated.I'm not saying the movie was bad... I'm saying that it didn't even come close to what I had built up in my mind. I thought that The Wrestler was at least 10x the movie.
I'm going to completely disagree with you on this one. It may be in part because I can identify much more with the characters in Requiem but I don't think it's even close - I thought The Wrestler was much weaker; a much less interesting story, the score was less affective and effective, and visually it was not on the same level as Requiem. One thing to consider, however, is that the visual style, music, and editing of Requiem has been so thoroughly copied by so many other films that the visceral punch the film provides today, even on first viewing, is probably heavily lessened. Nothing like Requiem had really ever been seen when it came out. That said, I am a big fan of Aronofsky, and Rourke was great in the Wrestler. Also, Marissa Tomei naked. That goes a long way for me.

I'm well aware that the impact of the movie on me was certainly lessened because I didn't see it 10 years ago. So we might agree, but we'll never know.

I'm well aware that the impact of the movie on me was certainly lessened because I didn't see it 10 years ago. So we might agree, but we'll never know.
Umm hello, time machines.
Check out Pi next.I think the mother was nominated, but I refuse to look it up.And I think Jesus is against double-sided dildo's, which may have something to do with your lasting impression of the film.
Check out Pi next.I think the mother was nominated, but I refuse to look it up.And I think Jesus is against double-sided dildo's, which may have something to do with your lasting impression of the film.
I honestly fast forwarded that scene. The impact and conclusion were obvious, and I didn't need to see that.I've been wanting to watch Pi for some time. I believe I began to get excited to see it as soon as someone compared it to Little Man Tate, which I loved.
I honestly fast forwarded that scene. The impact and conclusion were obvious, and I didn't need to see that.I've been wanting to watch Pi for some time. I believe I began to get excited to see it as soon as someone compared it to Little Man Tate, which I loved.
really? you fast forwarded the climax? i mean, you can't really see anything (trust me, i've frame-by-framed the bluray).pi was ok but it was clearly the work of an immature filmmaker.