My Line On This Hand

SNG so no real read on opponent. My thought process was that my raise PF could get him to fold. If he jams I'm committed with a better than average hand.He really gave me shit for this, calling me a donkey and such. But I think I played it fine. He has to have AK2 or AQ2 or somehting like that to really have me screwed. Flame on!PokerStars Game #37428679490: Tournament #227087533, $6.00+$0.50 USD Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit - Level VII (150/300) - 2009/12/30 20:17:21 ETTable '227087533 1' 9-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 1: gutshot34 (1390 in chips) Seat 2: 4flushsake (1799 in chips) Seat 3: Darkpoker12 (5634 in chips) Seat 5: Stiles2004 (2940 in chips) Seat 8: nbfour (1737 in chips) Darkpoker12: posts small blind 150Stiles2004: posts big blind 300*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Stiles2004 [As 5d Qd 3s]nbfour: folds gutshot34: folds 4flushsake: folds Darkpoker12: raises 600 to 900Stiles2004: raises 1800 to 2700Darkpoker12: calls 1800*** FLOP *** [Ah 9d 3d]Darkpoker12: bets 300Stiles2004: calls 240 and is all-inUncalled bet (60) returned to Darkpoker12*** TURN *** [Ah 9d 3d] [Jc]*** RIVER *** [Ah 9d 3d Jc] [7d]*** SHOW DOWN ***Darkpoker12: shows [Ad 3c 5c Ts] (HI: two pair, Aces and Threes)Stiles2004: shows [As 5d Qd 3s] (HI: a flush, Queen high)Stiles2004 collected 5880 from potNo low hand qualified*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 5880 | Rake 0 Board [Ah 9d 3d Jc 7d]Seat 1: gutshot34 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: 4flushsake (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: Darkpoker12 (small blind) showed [Ad 3c 5c Ts] and lost with HI: two pair, Aces and ThreesSeat 5: Stiles2004 (big blind) showed [As 5d Qd 3s] and won (5880) with HI: a flush, Queen highSeat 8: nbfour folded before Flop (didn't bet)

A.) convert your hand pleaseB.) looks kind of marginal preflop, id flat pre to be honest, we are OOP with a decent hand and are short, use first in vigor man, this is an openable hand, but im not going balls deep like this, but it is not horrible, so flatC.) i guess you postflop is fine but you left nothing behind, we have a bad low draw and a marginal high,... eeehh

so just flat and see a flop then,.... the move makes no sense to me to be honest, flat or fold pre, raising at all unless you were just so sure villain would shove, and shove pretty light could be ok, but it is kind of a high variance thing to do even if you are right, it is so hard to have that strong a hand preflop in plo8 to be able to 3bet and call a 4 bet this short..... thats just my honest feeling

• 3 weeks later...

Rumsey, sorry man but you're completely off with this flat-or-fold nonsense here. Its bvb and we have a very good hand. You prefer to put in 1/3 of our stack and then fold if we dont hit? That's nonsense man.OP, nh. Well played.

• 2 weeks later...
so just flat and see a flop then,.... the move makes no sense to me to be honest, flat or fold pre, raising at all unless you were just so sure villain would shove, and shove pretty light could be ok, but it is kind of a high variance thing to do even if you are right, it is so hard to have that strong a hand preflop in plo8 to be able to 3bet and call a 4 bet this short..... thats just my honest feeling
Dude. I don't want to be a dick, but your omaha slash omaha/8 advice is dangerous.You are blind vs. blind in a SnG that is at lvl 7. A35Q double suited in the face of a raise is definitely 3 betting all in. NHYour opponent is a douche. He feels that you should be folding since he's the big stack and you don't have nut route of AA or A2 pre. He's a joke. Now if this was lvl 1 and the same thing happened I prolly don't 3 bet, but in this situation. No doubt.

It's not just his Omaha or O8 advice that's dangerous. He really tries to make it sound like he knows his stuff but it's always off-base, in NL Cash, SNGs, MTTs, everything. And he never replies when I call him on it either.