Today's show was serious overkill. Without Stugotz laughing in the background, it was almost unbearable how many times they replayed those openings.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AND RICHIE HAS MONSTROUS THIGHS   BE CAREFUL HE'LL GOUGE YOUR EYES   SCREAMS RACIAL SLURS AT BLACK GUYS   but out of love.. but out of love, but out of loooooove

Much like with Christianity, someday after I'm dead, when people are forming a religion around me, there will be a big split between those who don't believe in the literal divinity of my lifestyle and

God I love that Incognito song.

Speaking of Trick Daddy, I've been drinking Four Loko's since the last time he was on and they're the perfect drink. They're like $2 and if you have two of them before you go out, every night is the best night EVER. I have yet to not have a great time with these things. Thank you Trick Daddy.

Trick was easily the best part of today's show, followed by Timmy K's compliment to Dan.

Trick was easily the best part of today's show,
Not the Mel Gibson rant?Hoch cracks me up sometimes. I loved both when he was talking about Jim Gray or something stupid and then he just finishes it with "Mel Gibson should be deported" and after a mini cliche-filled rant he says, "Stugotz is on vacation."
followed by Timmy K's compliment to Dan.
LeBatard is on Bill Simmons' latest podcast.I have to say, as much as I enjoy Wilbon and Kornheiser, I get an extra hop in my step when I hear Dan on the show.
I do enjoy Lebatard on PTI so very much. Any of the main two and/or Dan makes the show work for me. Bob Ryan makes me want to change it off if he's with Tony or Mike but with Dan, I'll still watch. Dan calls them on their homerish friendships with athletes or their silly adherence to antiquated notions.
Trick was easily the best part of today's show, followed by Timmy K's compliment to Dan.
I love Kukjian so much on the show. He really will answer anything

tried listening to a Dan free show on my way to Orlando. Couldn't do it. When he put Chris Bosh as one of the top 7 players in the league and nobody called him on it, I had to shut it off. That's why I listen, because Dan bucks the conventional sports radio mumbo jumbo. His contrarian ways attract me to whatever he does.

tried listening to a Dan free show on my way to Orlando. Couldn't do it. When he put Chris Bosh as one of the top 7 players in the league and nobody called him on it, I had to shut it off. That's why I listen, because Dan bucks the conventional sports radio mumbo jumbo. His contrarian ways attract me to whatever he does.
Samesies. I always check to see if Dan's there before I download on iTunes.

I actually find Stugotz alone quite a bit more tolerable than Dan alone. This isn't to say it's ever good, because I don't think either of them is 'good' alone, but Dan is just totally out of his element without the go to move to making fun of Stugotz and Stugotz laughing at all his jokes.

I actually find Stugotz alone quite a bit more tolerable than Dan alone. This isn't to say it's ever good, because I don't think either of them is 'good' alone, but Dan is just totally out of his element without the go to move to making fun of Stugotz and Stugotz laughing at all his jokes.
I couldn't disagree more. While I think Dan is much better with stugotz, I think stugotz alone is unlistenable.
I couldn't disagree more. While I think Dan is much better with stugotz, I think stugotz alone is unlistenable.
this is correct.Hoch is good, not by himself, but he should participate way more when Dan is out.
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree on Hoch, but I still don't listen to the Stugotz segments.I've been disappointed with the suey awards mostly, but the revelations and the uncomfortable moments ones were pretty good.I've been waiting all summer for someone somewhere to make a post about how hot it is just so I can reply, "Well...you know...put on a pair of shorts," but I don't think it's going to happen. What is that from anyway?

I haven't listened to the david sampson interview yet, but dear god he's a scum bag. I enjoy him because i'm not a marlins fan, but if I was a south flordia resident, I would hate him so much.
Yep. I am done with the Marlins until Loria and Samson are gone.
I haven't listened to the david sampson interview yet, but dear god he's a scum bag. I enjoy him because i'm not a marlins fan, but if I was a south flordia resident, I would hate him so much.
The only thing I know about the story is that the Marlins showed $40m profit, but I don't think you can just look at a bottom line number and conclude that they could afford a higher payroll.Oh, and I do know that the county that's building the stadium wants to revisit their contract negotiations saying the Marlins should have to pay more now, which is staggeringly absurd. Did they really approve a $500 million financing deal without asking to see their financial statements?
The only thing I know about the story is that the Marlins showed $40m profit, but I don't think you can just look at a bottom line number and conclude that they could afford a higher payroll.Oh, and I do know that the county that's building the stadium wants to revisit their contract negotiations saying the Marlins should have to pay more now, which is staggeringly absurd. Did they really approve a $500 million financing deal without asking to see their financial statements?
Of course, they asked. The Marlins refused (citing privacy) and threatened to bolt (even holdings meetings with several cities). Loria and Samson are scum but you can't change the deal now. The people who run Miami are stupid.In what way is it unfair to look at them making a huge profit and question whether they could have added SOME payroll. If you make 38 mill in the same year you unload Miggy Cabrera (who they probably could have signed for 10 mill/year at the time) AND cry poverty, it seems ok to assume they could have kept them if their main goal was not high profits. I think the lying bothers me more than the cheapness but both suck.
In what way is it unfair to look at them making a huge profit and question whether they could have added SOME payroll.
Ok, I just took a look at their financial statements. There is a partners' deficit of $61m. Or to put it another way, their liabilities exceed their assets by $61m. If that was the number that everyone was looking at, would there be the same outcry?I'm not going to pretend to actually know their financial situation, but I doubt many of the people who are pissed know either.