Just saw the thing on bomani's shirt. It's pretty bad that people are so dumb as to call him racist for wearing it without a hint of irony for not demanding the end of chief wahoo. Personally I don't care about either, and have considers buying a chief wahoo shirt for trolling purposes.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AND RICHIE HAS MONSTROUS THIGHS   BE CAREFUL HE'LL GOUGE YOUR EYES   SCREAMS RACIAL SLURS AT BLACK GUYS   but out of love.. but out of love, but out of loooooove

Much like with Christianity, someday after I'm dead, when people are forming a religion around me, there will be a big split between those who don't believe in the literal divinity of my lifestyle and

God I love that Incognito song.

whitlock tried to tie the Crying Jordan meme into the PC bro movement and said it was played out yesterday, and got crushed by memes. And also, the fact that he was RTing meme's about Cam a month and a half ago. He tapped out. #CryingJordanUberAlles

Just saw the thing on bomani's shirt. It's pretty bad that people are so dumb as to call him racist for wearing it without a hint of irony for not demanding the end of chief wahoo. Personally I don't care about either, and have considers buying a chief wahoo shirt for trolling purposes.

Liked for you getting that the idiots complaining didn't get it, at all

I laughed when I saw someone that tagged your boy Clay to that Bomani pic, like a little fcking tattle tale to try and get someone smarter than he was to go after Bomani.

People on Twitter make me hate people even more. Trolling, constantly chirping at celebrities for their attention and rt''s. People are so sad. Grown people.

And no, whenever I get linked to that guy's timeline, he's just a huge douche.

• Like 1

Like two people on all of twitter called him a racist. Millions of people were tweeting about it, and two less than the total were all people that didn't care or were complaining about all of these supposed "angry tweeters".

It was all bullshit.

The only people I saw saying anything negative about it, were people saying that if a white dude wore a shirt that said, "Blacks", with a cartoon of a dude with big lips, would he be fired instantly or just after the show was finished. That's very different than saying that Bomani is a racist.

Bomani respond to one such tweeter with... what if it was an Indians shirt? No one would care.

However, that's not a like comparison, and I think people should have called him out on that.

Wait, you don't think a shirt with Blacks written on it with a caricature of a stereotyped black on it is the same as Indians written on one with a caricature of a stereotyped Indian on it?

No, I get that.

I'm saying that there are separate issues going on here.

1) Bomani should have made a shirt with BLACKS and a caricature of a black man, because it would have made the same statement, but he would have been using himself to make his point. He is essentially saying that all "Indian" logos and all fans of Indian logos are racist white people. A BLACKS shirt would have had the same impact, as it's still racist. (Just as Chief Wahoo is, and the Redskins name is)

2) There is a double standard with his actions, since if it was a white anchor, wearing a BLACKS shirt (which is essentially what happened today with Bomani); that person would have been immediately fired and been labeled a racist for life. I don't feel like this is even slightly disputable, but I would be willing to listen to an argument.

Initially, my main beef with this whole situation was everyone talking about all the angry white people, when no one could actually find any of these "angry tweets". Most people thought it was funny and wanted to know where to buy one, myself included.

Another point of frustration for me is why Bomani would decide that only white people are to blame for the naming situations, but not the players that willingly playing for and wear the "racist" uniform of these teams. What about them? Why did black people think this was hilarious on Twitter today? Black people are in the EXACT same boat as whites on this issue. Those team names are in their cities, just as they are in ours... yet it's only white people that need a wake up call? Seems really strange.

it's different when the ruling class does something versus the long time oppressed minority does something. That's just the way it is. You can't cry equality, because being called a cracker has never stung or has had any meaning behind it like being called a n*gger has. White caricatures never had a cultural impact like the ones drawn for blacks. One is 12% of the population, one is the majority. Until true equality is reached, you can't cry the white man call of "why can't we do that if they can?" It's a total white privilege move.

Do you want to wear a shirt that reads Blacks and has a black guy with big lips on it and bug eyes and whatever else it would be? No, because you're not a racist ahole. It's the same argument as "why can't we say n*gger, blacks say it. Equality bro. Do you want to go around saying it.

• Like 1

I've never been a fan of the argument that white people have to eat racism towards them because of racism different, now dead, white people had in the past. If a black person is racist to me I have as much right to be angry as a black person would in the opposite. If you want racial equality, you can't excuse the behavior of some because people were racist towards black people in the past.

There is no way that was a serious response, in any way, shape or form, unless you're the least self aware person on the planet

When have you ever been discriminated against? You've lived quite the charmed life. You can't possibly know how that would feel or how you'd handle it

I never said I had been discriminated against. I said if I were discriminated against I had as much right to be angry as a black person who had been discriminated against. That's all I said. It's not okay for black people to discriminate against whites today because it was the opposite in the past. If it was wrong then it's wrong now.

Not being able to say the N word is not discrimination against whites. Wearing a "Caucasians" t shirt isn't discrimination either.

But if a black guy calls me a cracker, and he does so with obvious hate for me only because I'm white, I can be offended. I don't have to eat that because someone called him a ni**er in 1972. That's an intellectual position. If laugh if someone did that to me, and you may say that proves your point, but I disagree. I can be offended, I'm just not.

If black guys are shooting hoops at the gym and won't let me join because I'm white, is that okay? Because the opposite would surely be cries as racist.

it's different when the ruling class does something versus the long time oppressed minority does something. That's just the way it is. You can't cry equality, because being called a cracker has never stung or has had any meaning behind it like being called a n*gger has. White caricatures never had a cultural impact like the ones drawn for blacks. One is 12% of the population, one is the majority. Until true equality is reached, you can't cry the white man call of "why can't we do that if they can?" It's a total white privilege move.

Do you want to wear a shirt that reads Blacks and has a black guy with big lips on it and bug eyes and whatever else it would be? No, because you're not a racist ahole. It's the same argument as "why can't we say n*gger, blacks say it. Equality bro. Do you want to go around saying it.

I get your point, but I'm not looking for the privilege to wear a shirt "because Bomani can". I'm just saying that Bomani should be treated equally, and should be suspended at the very least. It's a totally hypocritical move for ESPN to suspend Kornheiser, Simmons, and Leebs for minor things, and allow Bomani to do something that they would fire anyone else for.

2) There is a double standard with his actions, since if it was a white anchor, wearing a BLACKS shirt (which is essentially what happened today with Bomani); that person would have been immediately fired and been labeled a racist for life. I don't feel like this is even slightly disputable, but I would be willing to listen to an argument.

Initially, my main beef with this whole situation was everyone talking about all the angry white people, when no one could actually find any of these "angry tweets". Most people thought it was funny and wanted to know where to buy one, myself included.

Aww, poor white people. :(

Also,

Those team names are in their cities, just as they are in ours... yet it's only white people that need a wake up call? Seems really strange.

whites and blacks own those teams "in their cities" together? Huh, I didn't know the Idians and the Redskins were co-owned by white and black individuals.

Oh, wait,

17359015-mmmain.jpg

and http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/.a/6a00e54f7fc4c58833014e88d30f1d970d-320wi

they aren't. You're just fucking stupid and wrong on every god damn issue.

That's the only "really strange" thing here.

I've never been a fan of the argument that white people have to eat racism towards them because of racism different, now dead, white people had in the past.

Oh shit! Racism is dead!

Someobody should have told me.

Poor white people, eating racism (which is over) because of dead racist white people. :(

• Like 2

Who said racism is dead? All I said is black people don't have free license to be racist today because of the past. Im not sure how that offends you.

Brvy is right though. Scott Van Pelt can't make he same statement with a shirt that read negroes and that seems strange since the point would be the same.

Who said racism is dead? All I said is black people don't have free license to be racist today because of the past. Im not sure how that offends you.

Brvy is right though. Scott Van Pelt can't make he same statement with a shirt that read negroes and that seems strange since the point would be the same.

Who gives a shit about the past? There is enough racism today to be angry about. What the **** does the past have to do with anything? Who gives a shit if someone is also angry about past racism? And "past" racism is the ****ing foundation of a lot of the systemic inequalities today. You think the children and grandchildren of people who literally couldn't eat at the same table as their white peers haven't had effects from that? The economic, educational, living standard, health, networks and privileges ****ing start from scratch in a family or community after the law says niggers aren't slaves anymore, then that we can't line them up and sick the dogs on them?

And who's talking about a "free license to be racist"? And who gives a fuck about "black racism" anyway, as if that's some systemic problem in this country?

Finally, wearing a negro's shirt doesn't make the same point, you ****ing idiot - blacks don't own the fucking Redskins or the Indians.

Are you stupid?

• Like 3

What the **** does the past have to do with anything?

that's an interesting question considering the rest of your post was about the past.

There is enough racism today to be angry about.

absolutely there is. and it doesn't just come from white people.

And "past" racism is the ****ing foundation of a lot of the systemic inequalities today. You think the children and grandchildren of people who literally couldn't eat at the same table as their white peers haven't had effects from that? The economic, educational, living standard, health, networks and privileges ****ing start from scratch in a family or community after the law says niggers aren't slaves anymore, then that we can't line them up and sick the dogs on them?

i've never claimed that those things aren't true. obviously black people were discriminated against post slavery, post jim crow, and post barack obama. and i think it's just as obvious that race relations in america have come further in the last 50 years than any country in the history of humanity. is there still work to be done? obviously yes, and hopefully bomani's heroic stance against chief wahoo is the next big step.

And who's talking about a "free license to be racist"?

Ron. He brought it up.

And who gives a **** about "black racism" anyway, as if that's some systemic problem in this country?

shouldn't everyone be concerned about racism of any kind?

Finally, wearing a negro's shirt doesn't make the same point, you ****ing idiot - blacks don't own the ****ing Redskins or the Indians.

so bomani was extending his point all the way to the ownership of the team, not just the apparent racism of the logo and the team name? he really is working on another level from us idiots.

Are you stupid?

after all these years i think you know the answer to that one, spadey.

Well, I had some responses typed up, but somehow lost it and am too apathetic to retype it.

So, yeah, I'll just agree that we need to spend more time talking about the rampant black racism in this country, and that that dude should have worn a "Niggers" shirt because blacks are the ones he should be satirizing, not the white owners, because black racism or something.

i never said we should spend more time talking about black racism, nor did i say it was rampant, only that it existed and it wasn't acceptable because of the past or the present.

What we need to do is figure out a system for keeping racist blacks out of positions of power where their racism can be felt by the white race. I mean, can you imagine if when you were coming out of law school, it were some racist black who was a partner at your law firm, instead of your neutral father? You'd be slanging rock right now.

• Like 1