lol @ Showtime.What Dan said on the radio show: "The Marlins have already heard from old angry Cubans saying 'They need to fire his ass right now!'"What Showtime airs: "They need to fire his ass right now!"Totally par for the course for a reality show, but still pretty jarring when you see it like that. I'd be pissed if I was Dan.Unrelated: I stop listening to the show when it's time for Stu and Hoch only, but I do like the Mt. Rushmore bits. Last one was "unexpectedly great breasts in movies."Hoch's Mt. Rushmore was Phoebe Cates (Fast Times), Halle Berry (Swordfish), Jamie Lee Curtis (Trading Places), and Kate Winslet (Titanic).I'd have to give it some more thought, but when he said what the category was, my first thought was Katie Holmes in The Gift.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AND RICHIE HAS MONSTROUS THIGHS   BE CAREFUL HE'LL GOUGE YOUR EYES   SCREAMS RACIAL SLURS AT BLACK GUYS   but out of love.. but out of love, but out of loooooove

Much like with Christianity, someday after I'm dead, when people are forming a religion around me, there will be a big split between those who don't believe in the literal divinity of my lifestyle and

God I love that Incognito song.

lol @ Showtime.What Dan said on the radio show: "The Marlins have already heard from old angry Cubans saying 'They need to fire his ass right now!'"What Showtime airs: "They need to fire his ass right now!"Totally par for the course for a reality show, but still pretty jarring when you see it like that. I'd be pissed if I was Dan.Unrelated: I stop listening to the show when it's time for Stu and Hoch only, but I do like the Mt. Rushmore bits. Last one was "unexpectedly great breasts in movies."Hoch's Mt. Rushmore was Phoebe Cates (Fast Times), Halle Berry (Swordfish), Jamie Lee Curtis (Trading Places), and Kate Winslet (Titanic).I'd have to give it some more thought, but when he said what the category was, my first thought was Katie Holmes in The Gift.
I heard that and immediately shouted "out of context, he's gonna be pissed." Although, plus side is my gf, who does commercial interior design and loves architecture wants to catch a game there when we're down there in June. Sunday 1:10pm start time against the Rays. Woohoo. Been years since I saw a life pro sporting event.Tits Rushmore has to be girl from Just One Of The Guys. And also Thora Birch from American Beauty. Got to be, no?
Although, plus side is my gf, who does commercialminteriormdesign and loves architecture wants to catch a game there when we're down there in June. Sunday 1:10pm start time against the Rays. Woohoo.
Man, I'd love a girlfriend like that. I get erect just thumbing through architecture books. If you're half the man I think you are, you'll bend her over the railing and **** her facing the sculpture.
Man, I'd love a girlfriend like that. I get erect just thumbing through architecture books. If you're half the man I think you are, you'll bend her over the railing and **** her facing the sculpture.
Someone has to have done that right? And have that thing go off as she (or I) get off

Are there any Jewish wide receivers in the NFL?Find out next!I think I'm over 50% on crappy trivia. Although I bet I'd be less if I actually had to do it live on the radio.

• 3 weeks later...

The Ricky Williams interview on DLHQ was jaw-dropping. He basically mocked science.I do think he makes an interesting point about putting more money and research into treatment of concussions because you can't have football and not have concussions. But he didn't articulate that notion very well.

The Ricky Williams interview on DLHQ was jaw-dropping. He basically mocked science.I do think he makes an interesting point about putting more money and research into treatment of concussions because you can't have football and not have concussions. But he didn't articulate that notion very well.
I agree fully. I was kind of sad that Dan didn't draw that conclusion for everyone else, since Ricky muddled everything up so badly with his anti-science pro-witchdoctor talk. There are few people who would have left that interview thinking Ricky was sane.

ricky needs to cool his jets. cause he came off like a complete moron, just an uneducated idiot. and i like ricky williams, i like that he wants to look at things differently. but his stance on this is beyond ridiculous.

He did have a point when he said look at science and what we believed 100 years ago compared to now. We can't know what we don't know...or something. Dan can speak for him, he has to let the interviewee make his point, I think. Leading or putting words into his mouth wouldn't be good. Plus, not sure Dan was totally getting it either. Listened to Thursday's show. Seemed like Stugotz and Dan were really arguing and I kind of sided with Stugotz. Dan's trick is to ask questions we can't know the answer to and pick apart anyone that has an opinion. His 18 for 18 free throw example for Lebron from last year was just a streak, not the entire body of his work. I think Dan cherry picks his numbers sometimes and unlike baseball, basketball has a team dynamic. Lebron does hot potato the ball late in games. He used to be a beast in Cleveland. Not sure what gives now. Is it confidence? Is it Wade?

Listened to Thursday's show. Seemed like Stugotz and Dan were really arguing and I kind of sided with Stugotz. Dan's trick is to ask questions we can't know the answer to and pick apart anyone that has an opinion. His 18 for 18 free throw example for Lebron from last year was just a streak, not the entire body of his work. I think Dan cherry picks his numbers sometimes and unlike baseball, basketball has a team dynamic. Lebron does hot potato the ball late in games. He used to be a beast in Cleveland. Not sure what gives now. Is it confidence? Is it Wade?
He definitely cherry picks his numbers, but I think he's mostly aware of it. He does it to be contrarian (not just to be contrarian, but to get you to consider the other side). Regarding the specific point of the free throws, 17 (this year) and 18 (last year) just isn't enough of a sample size to know what it means. Even if you put them together it's not enough, but those type of numbers definitely feed the narrative. Especially when you can add onto it things like teammates saying he doesn't want to go to the line and you see him with room to drive and he just passes it one way and then another. I think I'm somewhere between Dan and Stugotz. I like to theorize about why players do certain things, but I never think I actually know what's going on with them.

I think you're spot on, as fcking usual. Goddamn know it all. It's what makes me love you, AND hate you. You're rarely wrong. But I digress. At least Cleveland Lebron came out Sunday. It was fun to watch. That dude can pass. Haslem was huge. Hochman or Stugotz RT something about Lebron not being clutch because he dominated the first 47 minutes and not the last .05 seconds. Rang true and made me chuckle. I do still agree that the free throw shooting needs to improve and he can't play hot potato when down under 4 with a minute left.

• 3 weeks later...
ricky needs to cool his jets. cause he came off like a complete moron, just an uneducated idiot. and i like ricky williams, i like that he wants to look at things differently. but his stance on this is beyond ridiculous.
I should have addressed this at the time, but honestly I didn't read this at the time. I don't think Rickey came off as an idiot exactly, as much as a god damn hippy. When I lived in Olympia, Washington, I knew SO many people who had this anti-science mumbo jumbo world view. EVERYONE believed in astrology. There was like, a social pressure to, if not believe it, then at least respect it. I openly mocked and laughed at it, and people got legitimately angry with me. Honestly, I see new age spiritualism and "natural" medicine to be the flip side of the coin from fundamentalist christianity. I think it's dangerous, unscientific nonsense. However, I don't think it's a sign that he's insane. I think it's a sign he's gotten mixed up with a bunch of hippy bullshit. It probably sounds crazier to you, since you're a good midwestern boy, and you're used to the fundamentalist nonsense and not the hippy nonsense. But you move out to the west coast, particularly bay area and north, and you'll hear that kind of shit all the time. I mean, I lived in olympia, which was a small town, and I knew two god damn self styled "Shaman" ( both of them white), for fuks sake