Sng Grinder Thread

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the example is far too borderline, the idea behind the post was the reason I posted it. I think a lot of people play sngs emotionally and not mathematically, and it can be a huge leak.
Great post, definitely got my mind spinning. I play like a ****tard sometimes in bubble SnG situations where Im one of 3 leveled stacks with a monster stack holding a clear 1st. Im pretty certain smart money there is always to not fight back against the monster, like i do, with my emotional play.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm playing a lot of 18 mans for the rest of the year. I was grinding the 90s on tilt but I've found my attention span for long sessions diminishing as of late so I wasn't getting in good volume. With the 18s I can put in 20 games in an hour whenever I please and have regular breaks. This also means I don't have to play as late at night since most of the action in my timezone in 90s is from 9pm-3am.

• 2 weeks later...

If you win one and lose 2, based on my math that should be a good thing.There should be a pretty big difference in strategy between those 2 types of games though so I can only assume you are adjusting accordingly.Also, if you are playing $2 and $11 sngs, I would probably play something in the middle ($5 or $6.50...depending on if you play turbos or not) and try to avoid playing anything where you pay more than 10% rake. Micro sngs are ridiculous for that. When you are trying to make a few extra % of roi, every bit helps.

How do you play hyper-turbos, and turbos? It seems more gambling to me, so I try to get the longest blind increases possible. Usually the .25 90 man. I bubble most often, but haven't done any in a while since I don't have a BR anymore. I'd like to be able get more volume in without leaks becoming floods.What are the differences between MTTs and single tables? Strategy wise.

How do you play hyper-turbos, and turbos? It seems more gambling to me, so I try to get the longest blind increases possible. Usually the .25 90 man. I bubble most often, but haven't done any in a while since I don't have a BR anymore. I'd like to be able get more volume in without leaks becoming floods.What are the differences between MTTs and single tables? Strategy wise.
ya anything with <10 minute blind increases is pretty much just bingo
There's def more gamble in turbos, but they are definitely beatable.Turbos, play tight early blind levels, aggressive later. Hypers, play tight EP, aggressive LP. With 10bb stacks, you have to realize that it's more profitable to shove 23o bvb than it is with AQo utg. People tend to shove far too wide from early position in these.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So, anybody around still playing sngs? I decided to start playing poker again this month. Basically I haven't really played all year because I got sick of it and I didn't want to play, so I didn't.So, back at it now. STTs on FTP. These have been amazingly soft so far. I'm not killing them, but considering the layoff, I'm happy with my play. 3 more days to try and clear as much bonus as I can. Pretty tough though playing 1-2 hours a day playing $12 STTs.

nice having regs in america out the equation?

nice having regs in america out the equation?
Seems like it so far. It seems like 1 or 2 regs per table is the most I've seen so far, whereas before it was more like 5 or 6. I've pretty much had around 2 or 3 people who play a 50/5 type of game all the time. I can't say I mind it at all to be honest. Just need to find some more time to play.