Sng Grinder Thread

Don't forget fold equity, you have to factor that in to your overall equity with the push. If there is a 33% chance villain will fold when you push (as an example), giving you the money in the pot, that makes pushing even more +ev. I would push 99 in that hand with very little hesitation.
True. But the problem with these micro tourneys is that FE isn't much of a factor until you're on the bubble. I've been called down with some ridiculous hands in those $.10 tourneys.
  • Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. But the problem with these micro tourneys is that FE isn't much of a factor until you're on the bubble. I've been called down with some ridiculous hands in those $.10 tourneys.
If you are getting it in with the best though, you can't let results cloud your judgment. 99 is a monster at this point. Pretty much the nuts in this spot, so get it in and be happy about it.

If you think you're always getting called by 1 person you only need about 45% to shove profitably anyway. 50% is huge, 60% is monstrous. Adding fold equity too, you probably only need about 35% against a calling range to make it a profitable shove. You easily have that.

feral_cow_icon.gifA pack of feral cows chewed their cuds for .0043 seconds to convert this handFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em t120/t240 - 4 playersSB: t1,920 BB: t2,810 UTG: t5,305 Button: t3,465 (Hero)Preflop: (t240) Hero is Button with :club::ts (4 players)BB folds, UTG raises to t480, Hero folds, SB foldsUTG won t480thoughts here? 3 pay

I don't think you are far enough ahead of the other two to practically sit out and wait for one of them to bust. I think you can call that and take advantage of position. It's not a horrible fold if you want to play it tight though. Was this a read dependent decision?Also, BB folds first? WTF?

feral_cow_icon.gifA pack of feral cows chewed their cuds for .0043 seconds to convert this handFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em t120/t240 - 4 playersSB: t1,920 BB: t2,810 UTG: t5,305 Button: t3,465 (Hero)Preflop: (t240) Hero is Button with :club::ts (4 players)BB folds, UTG raises to t480, Hero folds, SB foldsUTG won t480thoughts here? 3 pay
I don't think you are far enough ahead of the other two to practically sit out and wait for one of them to bust. I think you can call that and take advantage of position. It's not a horrible fold if you want to play it tight though. Was this a read dependent decision?Also, BB folds first? WTF?
I folded, it's matrix and points are important (I was on bubble of pool)BB folding first...idk. That's on the feral cow converter...
Next time say it's a matrix sng, that fact changes the hand dramatically. In just a STT you are less likely to fold it.
No, I'm a nit when 2/4 in anything.
When would you not fold in this spot then, out of curiosity?
When I have like a 3k+ hand sample size where I can pin his range down. His minraise is ATC, but also includes hands that have me smashed. Flatting is so bad here. I'm pretty much just donating on any non Axx flop.So, pretty much never, unless villain is tbrick/outsider/highway.

Fwiw, if the chipleader is smart, he should be raising constantly with the way stack sizes are. It's really a perfect spot for him, so if he's a good thinking smart player, his range should be wide. If he's not a good player, I tend to give him more credit, seeing as bad players tend to play their cards rather than playing smart.And yes, it's shove or fold here. I'd probably fold because of me liking my stack and the bubble. ITM I ship this every time.

Call of fold on this flop shove? Timing of the play felt like a classic stop and go to me. First time villain did this so no reads as far as that is concerned. First time I've played with villain at a table, dropped pretty low in chips but came back to this point in the tourney.Normal 1-Table sng, 3 payPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.4 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB (t1925)BB (t1535)UTG (t2740)MP (t1285)CO (t2750)Hero (Button) (t3265)Hero's M: 14.51Preflop: Hero is Button with Qheart.gif, Aspade.gif3 folds, Hero bets t450, 1 fold, BB calls t300Flop: (t975) 8heart.gif, 7spade.gif, 7heart.gif(2 players)BB bets t1085 (All-In), Hero foldsTotal pot: t975

Call of fold on this flop shove? Timing of the play felt like a classic stop and go to me. First time villain did this so no reads as far as that is concerned. First time I've played with villain at a table, dropped pretty low in chips but came back to this point in the tourney.Normal 1-Table sng, 3 payPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.4 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB (t1925)BB (t1535)UTG (t2740)MP (t1285)CO (t2750)Hero (Button) (t3265)Hero's M: 14.51Preflop: Hero is Button with Qheart.gif, Aspade.gif3 folds, Hero bets t450, 1 fold, BB calls t300Flop: (t975) 8heart.gif, 7spade.gif, 7heart.gif(2 players)BB bets t1085 (All-In), Hero foldsTotal pot: t975
Snapfold you're still CL afterward.
If this were in an MTT I'd snap this off. There could be other issues in a SnG.You could just shove pre. I don't think you[re giving up much, if anything.

Hey guys didnt play much last weeek as i went to play some live for the weekend so was kinda focused on that. Probably do some grinding as well as mtt's this weekend been kinda tough to find a lot of time as ive been working 6 days a week. Yesterday was able to hammer home a 2nd in a 2.20 turbo mtt for just over $1000(1093 to be exact). Should be around more this weekend to do some grinding as well as a few mtts.Cheers,Ben

I officially went busto. Turbo $1.10 45-mans kicked my butt. Variance is a bitch. :)No worries. I've deposited another $25 and I'm starting over. This time, I'm grinding the $.10 360-man tourneys until I hit $75 and then I'll move to the $1.10's again. I'm also going to try some cash tables just to mix things up. I want to continue to develop my game and these turbos take out nearly all post-flop play. I will probably play some regular tourneys when I can as well.I've already built my BR to around $33. Let's gogogogogo!!

My advice:1) Bankroll management2) Pick a game and stick with it. Bouncing around and trying different things to work on your game is something to save for a bit later when you have a decent roll. Right now your priority should be finding your most profitable game and grinding that.

I'm calling a slightly premature end to my monthly goals tonight. I don't know why it's taken me so long but I've finally come to the realization that trying to beat a 13% rake in micro STTs is a losing battle for a recreational player like myself, especially in the super turbos where there is little opportunity to outplay the opposition. After a great start I'm finishing my experiment a slight loser over the small sample. Having to put up an ROI of 13% just to break even is insane.Final stats for $1.70 super turbos: 211 playedROI: -1.39 (ended the month at the lowest point)ITM: 39.8%1st: 212nd: 313rd: 32Looks a bit sad except when you remove the rake it translates to an ROI of more than 11.5%.I think I'm going to finish the last few days of the month playing some Rush Poker and then maybe return to the $1.10 45-turbos for February. I'm curious to see if playing a month of super turbos has helped my late-stage 45-turbo play (I suspect it has). Given my realization about micro STTs I'm going to stay away from them until I'm rolled to play a level with a better rake. I'm not going bother with the $3.80 super turbos, they became simply mind-numbing after a while.

feral_cow_icon.gifv1.10Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($25+$2) t50/t100 - 6 playersCO: t1,125 (Hero)Button: t2,055 SB: t5,570 BB: t1,110 UTG: t1,540 UTG+1: t2,100 Preflop: (t150) Hero is CO with :4h: :qh: (6 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to t200, Hero raises to t1125 and is all-in, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls t925Flop: (t2,400) :D: :ts: :D: (2 players)Turn: (t2,400) :club:: (2 players)River: (t2,400) :D: (2 players)Hero showed :5c: :jh:, and won (2400) with a pair of DeucesUTG+1 showed :D: :3h:, and lost with high card AceHero won t2400Thoughts?
STANDARD
Not for me, it's not. Hero isn't desperate yet, has a hand with very little showdown value, is shoving against a middle position minraise, and is shoving with several players still to act, including a huge stack sitting in the SB.
Not for me, it's not. Hero isn't desperate yet, has a hand with very little showdown value, is shoving against a middle position minraise, and is shoving with several players still to act, including a huge stack sitting in the SB.
This. After reading your second post, I can relate. :club: