Sng Grinder Thread

Here was a super-turbo hand I had to think about...Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 1.7 Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (UTG+1) (t285)MP1 (t315)MP2 (t315)CO (t255)Button (t675)SB (t270)BB (t285)UTG (t300)Hero's M: 4.75Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 10spade.gif, Adiamond.gif1 folds, Hero???Do you shove this? Or too marginal in this position?
I think this is a bit marginal, but stack size considered, it's probably right to get it in.
Here's another awkward spot.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 1.7 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG (t240)MP (t195)CO (t825)Hero (Button) (t475)SB (t500)BB (t465)Hero's M: 6.33Preflop: Hero is Button with Jdiamond.gif, 10heart.gif3 folds, Hero ???
This is a bit too wide imo. I'd probably shove if it was suited though.Sorry that you finally hit the variance in these. It can get really nasty too. I had a stretch of 240 shoves (one super nasty session that I carried on way too long) that my wtsd was 56% and w$sd was 18%. When it gets bad, it's quite ugly.
  • Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here was a super-turbo hand I had to think about...Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 1.7 Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (UTG+1) (t285)MP1 (t315)MP2 (t315)CO (t255)Button (t675)SB (t270)BB (t285)UTG (t300)Hero's M: 4.75Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 10spade.gif, Adiamond.gif1 folds, Hero???Do you shove this? Or too marginal in this position?
Shove. A10 is a good hand in a tourney like this.
Here's another awkward spot.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 1.7 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG (t240)MP (t195)CO (t825)Hero (Button) (t475)SB (t500)BB (t465)Hero's M: 6.33Preflop: Hero is Button with Jdiamond.gif, 10heart.gif3 folds, Hero ???
Fold. Although I wouldn't fault you for shoving. If the stacks in front of you were smaller, then I'd shove all day. As it is now, I don't like it as much.
I don't, I hopefully can get a copy. I'll work on it, gotta get a hold of Intypol who has the copy that I know of. Make sure you have VLC cause it's an AVI file and it occasionally won't play in QTP.
I'd like a copy of this as well. If anything, it'd be nice to see what strategies the regs are using.
I like sunday :club: Just took down a 4.40 mtt for $2526 i even tried to get them to chop with 3 left glad they didnt.PokerStars Game #38323260507: Tournament #230841895, $4.00+$0.40 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XLV (80000/160000) - 2010/01/17 18:27:55 ETTable '230841895 108' 9-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 1: blurred1 (8840811 in chips) Seat 2: madeinN (3219189 in chips) blurred1: posts the ante 20000madeinN: posts the ante 20000madeinN: posts small blind 80000blurred1: posts big blind 160000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to blurred1 [Qh Td]madeinN: raises 3039189 to 3199189 and is all-inblurred1: calls 3039189*** FLOP *** [Qd 3h Kd]*** TURN *** [Qd 3h Kd] [2h]*** RIVER *** [Qd 3h Kd 2h] [9c]*** SHOW DOWN ***blurred1: shows [Qh Td] (a pair of Queens)madeinN: shows [4s Ah] (high card Ace)blurred1 collected 6438378 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 6438378 | Rake 0 Board [Qd 3h Kd 2h 9c]Seat 1: blurred1 (big blind) showed [Qh Td] and won (6438378) with a pair of QueensSeat 2: madeinN (button) (small blind) showed [4s Ah] and lost with high card Ace
Wow! Congrats!!! I hope I'm as successful as you are in my BR building adventures!

Weekend started rough. I took a shot at the $1 turbos and failed to finish ITM 10 of 11 tourneys with only a min money finish in there. Not a big deal but I'm operating on a very small BR so that was a huge shot. Basically, I've decided to start with the $15 in my BR and see what I can do. I have $25 to deposit if needed but I'm trying to see if I can do this without it. When I went on that downswing, my BR fell to $5 so I went back into the $.10 turbos and quickly built my BR up to around $15. I took 2 more shots at the $1 turbos and placed 5th in one of them. I'm starting to understand them a little more, I think. Currently sitting at $16 now. I will continue to mix $.10 and $1 tourneys in until I have a big enough BR to hit the $1 regularly. My goal is to hit $1000 so I can grind the $11 turbos and play various MTT's. I'm hoping to get their by summer but it's going to be tough.

Sorry that you finally hit the variance in these. It can get really nasty too. I had a stretch of 240 shoves (one super nasty session that I carried on way too long) that my wtsd was 56% and w$sd was 18%. When it gets bad, it's quite ugly.
Wow, that's uglier than Kathy Liebert. Thank you, I'm here all week.I assume you filtered those stats to show only your shoves, not when you called all in?
Weekend started rough. I took a shot at the $1 turbos and failed to finish ITM 10 of 11 tourneys with only a min money finish in there. Not a big deal but I'm operating on a very small BR so that was a huge shot. Basically, I've decided to start with the $15 in my BR and see what I can do. I have $25 to deposit if needed but I'm trying to see if I can do this without it. When I went on that downswing, my BR fell to $5 so I went back into the $.10 turbos and quickly built my BR up to around $15. I took 2 more shots at the $1 turbos and placed 5th in one of them. I'm starting to understand them a little more, I think. Currently sitting at $16 now. I will continue to mix $.10 and $1 tourneys in until I have a big enough BR to hit the $1 regularly. My goal is to hit $1000 so I can grind the $11 turbos and play various MTT's. I'm hoping to get their by summer but it's going to be tough.
With such a small roll you're safer staying away from the $1 45-turbos (I assume that's what you were talking about). You're way under-rolled for those. If you're going to play $1 SnGs, stick with the STTs. Much lower variance.
Wow, that's uglier than Kathy Liebert. Thank you, I'm here all week.I assume you filtered those stats to show only your shoves, not when you called all in?
I forget exactly what I filtered. Actually, I think I filtered the session totals and looked on the summary or details tab in PT3 and the stat was there.
With such a small roll you're safer staying away from the $1 45-turbos (I assume that's what you were talking about). You're way under-rolled for those. If you're going to play $1 SnGs, stick with the STTs. Much lower variance.
Yeah. I realize even with the $25 in reserve, (essentially gives me $40) I'm still underrolled. The way I'm running hot on the $.10 360's, I'll probably just stick with those for a while. My ROI on those is insane.My main reason to get some $1 45-turbos in was to increase my volume. I can do 2 of those in the time it takes to do 1 $.10 tourney.

Here's the LOL of the night, from the final super turbo of the session:Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 1.7 Tournament, 40/80 Blinds (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton (t820)SB (t607)Hero (BB) (t365)UTG (t236)MP (t672)Hero's M: 3.04Preflop: Hero is BB with 2heart.gif, Aspade.gif3 folds, SB calls t40, Hero bets t365 (All-In), SB calls t285Flop: (t730) 8diamond.gif, 9club.gif, 6diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Turn: (t730) 5diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t730) 9spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: t730Results:SB had 5spade.gif, 4diamond.gif (two pair, nines and fives).Hero had 2heart.gif, Aspade.gif (one pair, nines).Outcome: SB won t730"I'm third in chips with 5 left so I'm going to limp in the SB with 54o. Uh oh, the BB has pushed. But my 54o has to be good against his range, so I'm going to call off 1/2 my stack." Brilliant.

yeah calls like that are sick I mean what are they thinking?well seems like I probably got some leaks here and there and some bad beats... went from $130 to $60back to the $1s

PokerStars Game #38395166364: Tournament #233799061, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (300/600) - 2010/01/19 13:02:40 CET [2010/01/19 7:02:40 ET]Table '233799061 1' 9-max Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 1: prex80 (1855 in chips) Seat 2: FlishFokus (4195 in chips) Seat 3: Fritze (6335 in chips) Seat 4: tomovermeers (2605 in chips) Seat 5: Bl_lyNx (1605 in chips) Seat 7: fagge83 (6020 in chips) Seat 8: Eba12 (1190 in chips) Seat 9: Sarwi (5630 in chips) Bl_lyNx: posts small blind 300fagge83: posts big blind 600*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Eba12 [5d 5s]Eba12: raises 540 to 1140 and is all-inSarwi: folds prex80: raises 665 to 1805 and is all-inFlishFokus: folds Fritze: folds tomovermeers: folds Bl_lyNx: folds fagge83: folds Uncalled bet (665) returned to prex80No question about shoving here right? But with what kinda hand would you call here if you were prex3?

PokerStars Game #38395166364: Tournament #233799061, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (300/600) - 2010/01/19 13:02:40 CET [2010/01/19 7:02:40 ET]Table '233799061 1' 9-max Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 1: prex80 (1855 in chips) Seat 2: FlishFokus (4195 in chips) Seat 3: Fritze (6335 in chips) Seat 4: tomovermeers (2605 in chips) Seat 5: Bl_lyNx (1605 in chips) Seat 7: fagge83 (6020 in chips) Seat 8: Eba12 (1190 in chips) Seat 9: Sarwi (5630 in chips) Bl_lyNx: posts small blind 300fagge83: posts big blind 600*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Eba12 [5d 5s]Eba12: raises 540 to 1140 and is all-inSarwi: folds prex80: raises 665 to 1805 and is all-inFlishFokus: folds Fritze: folds tomovermeers: folds Bl_lyNx: folds fagge83: folds Uncalled bet (665) returned to prex80No question about shoving here right? But with what kinda hand would you call here if you were prex3?
If I were him, I'm iso shoving a lot here, basically because a. you should be shoving a super wide range here with 2bb and in the big blind next hand and b. if he doesn`t make a move, he`s next to go after you.My range would look something like this 22+,A2s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,A4o+,KTo+,QTo+, maybe even lower on the suited connectors too.
yeah calls like that are sick I mean what are they thinking?
You have to be able to read the donk mind. He's scared because he really wants to move up, but nobody has enough chips left for much of anything. It's probably been a long time since he's seen a flop and, despite how stupid it really is, he limps with some low connectors in the hopes you'll just check and he can play the flop. Then you go all-in. He realizes your range is ridiculously wide but that you probably have him beat. Still, he falsely remembers a poker book somewhere telling him that it's a positive play to call in this situation rather than just be pushed off his hand. He calls, he wins, and his bad poker strategies are reinforced so he can do it to some other poor sucker later in life.
You have to be able to read the donk mind. He's scared because he really wants to move up, but nobody has enough chips left for much of anything. It's probably been a long time since he's seen a flop and, despite how stupid it really is, he limps with some low connectors in the hopes you'll just check and he can play the flop. Then you go all-in. He realizes your range is ridiculously wide but that you probably have him beat. Still, he falsely remembers a poker book somewhere telling him that it's a positive play to call in this situation rather than just be pushed off his hand. He calls, he wins, and his bad poker strategies are reinforced so he can do it to some other poor sucker later in life.
At the bolded, the tournament has been running for about 6 minutes and flops are rarely seen in these. It's just bad all around.
If I were him, I'm iso shoving a lot here, basically because a. you should be shoving a super wide range here with 2bb and in the big blind next hand and b. if he doesn`t make a move, he`s next to go after you.My range would look something like this 22+,A2s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,A4o+,KTo+,QTo+, maybe even lower on the suited connectors too.
Once you get down to 2BB you're in desperation territory anyway, so you're pretty much shoving and praying for the best.
Exactly why I posted it here instead of tapping the tank at the time. Annoying, but part of the reason I still have a 10% ROI in these over 100+.
No problem with your shove here. IMO, he's probably calling with a higher pair or face cards. Maybe an Ax. So how did it turn out?
No problem with your shove here. IMO, he's probably calling with a higher pair or face cards. Maybe an Ax. So how did it turn out?
I'm re-shipping with a much wider range than this. Hero's shove is a desperation shove, and I'm sitting with only 3BB myself. The 900 chips already in from the blinds represent half my stack, so I'm getting 2:1 on my money just against the initial shover. Odds are even better if someone else comes along for the ride. I'm re-shipping anything with any showdown value whatsoever.
I'm re-shipping with a much wider range than this. Hero's shove is a desperation shove, and I'm sitting with only 3BB myself. The 900 chips already in from the blinds represent half my stack, so I'm getting 2:1 on my money just against the initial shover. Odds are even better if someone else comes along for the ride. I'm re-shipping anything with any showdown value whatsoever.
Agreed. That's a leak for a lot of people, playing cards rather than paying attention to stacks and position.

Holy ****, every time I push tonight I either get sucked out on (KK<A8) or I run into a big hand (QQ into KK, AJs into AA, A8s into AA, 66 into JJ...) or I lose the damn coinflip. One after the other after the other. Please tell me this is going to end...

Sorry no HH, but Ill give a general idea.Blinds 600/1200Hero is UTG with A10o and 6500 in chipsRest of the table is around average with two big stacks in MP with around 13000 each.45 man. 7 left.Shove or Fold?Thanks

Agreed. That's a leak for a lot of people, playing cards rather than paying attention to stacks and position.
So are you two saying that the OP's shove was a bad idea? Even if I'm wrong in guessing the villian's range, I still think he has to shove with the 55. He only has 2bb left and the blinds are going to hit him next hand.
Holy ****, every time I push tonight I either get sucked out on (KK<A8) or I run into a big hand (QQ into KK, AJs into AA, A8s into AA, 66 into JJ...) or I lose the damn coinflip. One after the other after the other. Please tell me this is going to end...
I feel ya. Last night I got bumped out of 4 tourneys in a row, all around the bubble, all with dominating hands PF, all beaten with runner-runner straights. Ridiculous.
Yup, easy shove especially since you're about to get hit by the blinds again.
This. That's a pretty decent hand to shove UTG, IMO.

Just an alert: FTP just sent my details to their rakeback affiliate I guess, so I will probably be moving the bulk of my play to FTP now. I figure $200 in entry fees is $54 back a month and I should be playing far more than that so it's definitely worth it for me to go over there (If, in fact, I'm getting 27%, which I believe is the number.)I know it's bad to ask but if anyone can do a swap (probably small) in the near future please let me know (My Stars, your FTP).