Sng Grinder Thread

Turbos are great tools for aggression training because you spend a lot more time playing shortstack poker, which forces you to become more comfortable shoving your stack in the middle. I think the super turbos I'm playing will actually be a big help for honing that aspect of my game because they're great shortstack training tools. They'll likely be more helpful for the late stages of 45-turbos because the circumstances are so similar to the super turbo STTs. I hit a bit of variance last night, posting my first (marginally) losing session since I started playing them, but I'm still loving the super turbos.
I've hit that same bit of variance 2 nights in a row. GG good month I was having. Gonna take a break and watch a few more vids and play some mtts tonight. I'm sure that will help.
  • Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woah same here downswing =( Aces beat by KQo AKs lost versus AKs JJ by 83o (wtf call?)meh see if my 'luck' turns tomorrowno pain no gain? :club:@outsider if u think MTTs are good for ur variance why dont u stick to them?o new beat 55 vs 83 3 of a kind threes......gonna watch top gear !btw guys u ever have a read on your opponent and you know you are beat if its correct and you still decide to call to see if u did figure him out? question here is to call or not to call? lets just say its cheap aswell

woah same here downswing =( Aces beat by KQo AKs lost versus AKs JJ by 83o (wtf call?)meh see if my 'luck' turns tomorrowno pain no gain? :ts@outsider if u think MTTs are good for ur variance why dont u stick to them?o new beat 55 vs 83 3 of a kind threes......gonna watch top gear !
I don't think MTTs are good at all :club: I think it's just nice to take a break from the game you grind every once in a while for variety.
Stay out of $12s for a while. They've become insanely reg-heavy since TheLipoFund put his video out on 2+2.
It'll be a while before I get to that level. I'm hoping by summer or so but who knows with my schedule.Off to find that video! :club:

Blech, more crap tonight. Lots of getting it in good and coming out bad, especially frustrating when you get it in dominant and watch your opponent hit his 3-outer.One thing that amazes me about the play in these super turbos is how often people call tight when they should call wide, and how often they call wide when they should be calling tighter. I was in one where I stayed alive on the bubble forever with about 2BB because people kept folding to me in the BB and folding to my massive pushes. At least I ended the session on a high note with a victory.

I was in one where I stayed alive on the bubble forever with about 2BB because people kept folding to me in the BB and folding to my massive pushes. At least I ended the session on a high note with a victory.
This drives me crazy.... I see it all the time in the 45's im playing. I especially hate it when the chip leader folds his bb to the shorty going all in with not even a full raise..... drives me nuts. I also noticed a lot of times people trying to isolate the short stack with marginal hands when its about to bubble or close to, why not call it down and lets try to take someone out shall we?
This drives me crazy.... I see it all the time in the 45's im playing. I especially hate it when the chip leader folds his bb to the shorty going all in with not even a full raise..... drives me nuts. I also noticed a lot of times people trying to isolate the short stack with marginal hands when its about to bubble or close to, why not call it down and lets try to take someone out shall we?
Yes...along with the bluff into the dry side pot. Love that move. Especially when it results in the shortie doubling through with a weak pair.

Here was a super-turbo hand I had to think about...Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 1.7 Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (UTG+1) (t285)MP1 (t315)MP2 (t315)CO (t255)Button (t675)SB (t270)BB (t285)UTG (t300)Hero's M: 4.75Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 10spade.gif, Adiamond.gif1 folds, Hero???Do you shove this? Or too marginal in this position?

idk what super turbos are but i would fold those at that blind levelso just took a look at ur stack compared to blinds I guess AT u could shove JT idk tough depends on the tight/looseness of thebBB and SBPokerStars Game #38247544492: Tournament #232770687, $3.00+$0.25 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (1000/2000) - 2010/01/16 16:45:35 CET [2010/01/16 10:45:35 ET]Table '232770687 1' 9-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 1: Eba12 (17665 in chips) Seat 2: tilllateRM (12050 in chips) Seat 5: Popota1 (6930 in chips) Seat 7: Nordstroem (15287 in chips) Seat 8: hectorius33 (15568 in chips) Eba12: posts the ante 100tilllateRM: posts the ante 100Popota1: posts the ante 100Nordstroem: posts the ante 100hectorius33: posts the ante 100Nordstroem: posts small blind 1000hectorius33: posts big blind 2000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Eba12 [4h 4d]shove?

@Eba's 44 hand: I assume that you are past the bubble at this point. I think 44's are close to the borderline although it is a pocket pair. If you are going for the win at this point, it's probably right to shove, but you are likely going to be racing two face cards (minimum) at this point. From an ICM standpoint it may be a fold but I'm not sure.

Anyone got a link to TheLipoFund's video?
I don't, I hopefully can get a copy. I'll work on it, gotta get a hold of Intypol who has the copy that I know of. Make sure you have VLC cause it's an AVI file and it occasionally won't play in QTP.
I don't, I hopefully can get a copy. I'll work on it, gotta get a hold of Intypol who has the copy that I know of. Make sure you have VLC cause it's an AVI file and it occasionally won't play in QTP.
Sounds good.Anyways just a quick update..... had a good first week moved my original br from $80 - $405 playing 6-12 tables primarily the $1 and $3 45 man turbos on stars. Threw in a little of this and a little of that here and there but was able to avoid getting off track as far as my br management was concerned. Pretty happy with the way things are going, the 45 mans at these levels are very beatable and hopefully i can get up to the next level this week.Im way ahead of where i wanted to be at the end of week one and havent really played as much as i wanted to(was sick for 2 days and started a new job). So today im gonna spoil myself with a couple of sunday MTT's to join in with my normal grind (Likely nothing over the $11 range). Some people may think this is a mistake but i find rewarding myself will help motivate me and give me a little break from the repetition of the grind.Anyways lets have a great sunday GL all

I like sunday :club: Just took down a 4.40 mtt for $2526 i even tried to get them to chop with 3 left glad they didnt.PokerStars Game #38323260507: Tournament #230841895, $4.00+$0.40 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XLV (80000/160000) - 2010/01/17 18:27:55 ETTable '230841895 108' 9-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 1: blurred1 (8840811 in chips) Seat 2: madeinN (3219189 in chips) blurred1: posts the ante 20000madeinN: posts the ante 20000madeinN: posts small blind 80000blurred1: posts big blind 160000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to blurred1 [Qh Td]madeinN: raises 3039189 to 3199189 and is all-inblurred1: calls 3039189*** FLOP *** [Qd 3h Kd]*** TURN *** [Qd 3h Kd] [2h]*** RIVER *** [Qd 3h Kd 2h] [9c]*** SHOW DOWN ***blurred1: shows [Qh Td] (a pair of Queens)madeinN: shows [4s Ah] (high card Ace)blurred1 collected 6438378 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 6438378 | Rake 0 Board [Qd 3h Kd 2h 9c]Seat 1: blurred1 (big blind) showed [Qh Td] and won (6438378) with a pair of QueensSeat 2: madeinN (button) (small blind) showed [4s Ah] and lost with high card Ace

Nice job, Ben.Finally experienced the brutal variance in the super turbos everyone has been talking about. A couple of suckouts getting AIPF with AA vs A8 and 77 vs Q7, and a wonderful hand where I lost half my stack on the bubble flopping a set of Aces and villain turned a gutshot. Add to that a few unlucky runs into big hands and some coinflip losses. ROI took a bit of a hit tonight.

@jmbreslinRegarding your hands on the previous page, I probably shove A10 but it'll depend on how the table has been playing. It's not too bad of a hand if you get a call but more likely you're going to pick up the blinds, you might even pick up a dumb call from decuces or A9 or something.The J10 I fold, I just don't like it. It's dominated against so many hands and you're raising into the two top stacks. If they pick up a hand you can bet they'll put you on stealing the blinds and you're probably faced with a call you don't want. I'd definitely think about it though but I think if it were me I'd ultimately fold. JMHO.

@jmbreslinRegarding your hands on the previous page, I probably shove A10 but it'll depend on how the table has been playing. It's not too bad of a hand if you get a call but more likely you're going to pick up the blinds, you might even pick up a dumb call from decuces or A9 or something.The J10 I fold, I just don't like it. It's dominated against so many hands and you're raising into the two top stacks. If they pick up a hand you can bet they'll put you on stealing the blinds and you're probably faced with a call you don't want. I'd definitely think about it though but I think if it were me I'd ultimately fold. JMHO.
It's interesting, because in MTTs (and even in regular STTs) I have no problem pulling the trigger on steals with hands like JT in the late stages because the size of the blinds and fold equity due to stack sizes more than makes up for the times someone wakes up with a hand or you get called by something like A4. And since hands like JT are less likely to be dominated than A-rag, you're better off shoving JT than A-rag.But it's different in these super turbos because fold equity is greatly reduced and the pots are so small in the early stages that shoving hands like JT becomes much more problematic. Since people do tend to call much lighter in these, you're better off shoving A-rag than hands like JT.