Sng Grinder Thread

Hopefully playing only $36 180s and $60 90s this year barring prop bets.What's the max acheivable ROI in various formats (I'm assuming turbo unless statedeg9 man 9 man super turbo18 man45 man180 man180 man non turboFor 180 non turbo you can get up towards 90% I believe, a decent grinder will manage 60%For 180 turbos, most decent grinders get somewhere between 15 and 30% and the really goood ones push up past 40%.It takes a huge sample size to realise your true ROI in these though.I've no idea about the others. I guess the answer is a function of the buy in too.
45 turbos is around 15%, Frenzuh is 17% as is Clemson_Pimp
  • Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose since everyone is posting this...I'm backed for $6.50 and $12 45 person SNGs on Stars, up to 21 tabling usually, and may be extending to $7.70 and $12 180s as well as $6.50 and $16 18s, possibly 90 man KOs on FTP soon, and may add $27 45s as well. January will decide a lot of this.
I would like you to explain this to me. PM me. How does this work? PS, sick downswing the other day.
I suppose since everyone is posting this...I'm backed for $6.50 and $12 45 person SNGs on Stars, up to 21 tabling usually, and may be extending to $7.70 and $12 180s as well as $6.50 and $16 18s, possibly 90 man KOs on FTP soon, and may add $27 45s as well. January will decide a lot of this.
You should really give the super turbos a try on ftp. They are ridiculously swingy but I think 5-10% roi is definitely achievable. With rakeback and the amount of these you can get in in a short period of time, they can be quite profitable. They are 100% shove/fold and with a good understanding of icm, they may suit you quite well. Hit me up if you want to sweat a few sessions.

Seat 1: Acekob (1735 in chips) Seat 2: staaf86 (3935 in chips) Seat 3: hichyking99 (1565 in chips) Seat 4: DirtyJB30236 (2085 in chips) Seat 5: Wivawat04 (1470 in chips) Seat 6: koval 555 (1350 in chips) Seat 7: gerald04 (2045 in chips) Seat 8: fleshi (1050 in chips) Seat 9: tom_abrao (1390 in chips) tom_abrao: posts small blind 75Acekob: posts big blind 150*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Acekob [8s 8h]staaf86: folds hichyking99: raises 300 to 450DirtyJB30236: folds Wivawat04: folds koval 555: folds gerald04 has timed outgerald04: folds gerald04 is sitting outfleshi: folds tom_abrao: folds Acekob:

Dealt to Acekob [8s 8h]staaf86: folds hichyking99: raises 300 to 450Acekob:
Shove or fold. Though I would probably shove. I think he is definitely coming with you on the shove. Race
@Acekob 88's hand: do you have a read on villain?Also, can someone comment on my A6 hand on page 4, it's post 75.
Chet, you didn't ask a question, but I'm assuming that you would like opinions on whether it was correct to shove or not at that point.Yes, IMO. Your M is 4, you have an ace, it's folded around to you, @ the CO. Plus there is not much diff in the money between 4th and 6th so you need these blinds and if someone calls, unless he has an Ace, you are at worst like what 40%.
I would like you to explain this to me. PM me. How does this work? PS, sick downswing the other day.
Explain what?Yeah I know that was some of the worst runbad I've ever looked at over those 16 SNGs. I should be putting in about 150 between tonight and tomorrow.
You should really give the super turbos a try on ftp. They are ridiculously swingy but I think 5-10% roi is definitely achievable. With rakeback and the amount of these you can get in in a short period of time, they can be quite profitable. They are 100% shove/fold and with a good understanding of icm, they may suit you quite well. Hit me up if you want to sweat a few sessions.
FTP refuses to answer my emails I've been trying to clear up a situation from long ago with an old roommate (he MAd and I was linked) since late November and have gotten nowhere. I may sweat sometime but only if my FTP account opens.
Seat 1: Acekob (1735 in chips) Seat 2: staaf86 (3935 in chips) Seat 3: hichyking99 (1565 in chips) Seat 4: DirtyJB30236 (2085 in chips) Seat 5: Wivawat04 (1470 in chips) Seat 6: koval 555 (1350 in chips) Seat 7: gerald04 (2045 in chips) Seat 8: fleshi (1050 in chips) Seat 9: tom_abrao (1390 in chips) tom_abrao: posts small blind 75Acekob: posts big blind 150*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Acekob [8s 8h]staaf86: folds hichyking99: raises 300 to 450DirtyJB30236: folds Wivawat04: folds koval 555: folds gerald04 has timed outgerald04: folds gerald04 is sitting outfleshi: folds tom_abrao: folds Acekob:
Not sure what SNG this is but if its a 45 or 180 its a snap shovel.

Any thoughts on this move?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.4 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO (t3020)Button (t1265)Hero (SB) (t1295)BB (t1525)UTG (t2130)UTG+1 (t1800)MP1 (t2505)MP2 (t1460)Hero's M: 8.63Preflop: Hero is SB with 6diamond.gif, 6club.gif5 folds, Button bets t300, Hero raises to t1295 (All-In)No info on villain, and without a HUD that usually suggests he's been on the tighter side, staying out of trouble. He's in prime stealing position and the chips would be a welcome addition to my stack. I'm most likely behind his calling range here, but do I have enough fold equity to make this worthwhile?

Chet, you didn't ask a question, but I'm assuming that you would like opinions on whether it was correct to shove or not at that point.Yes, IMO. Your M is 4, you have an ace, it's folded around to you, @ the CO. Plus there is not much diff in the money between 4th and 6th so you need these blinds and if someone calls, unless he has an Ace, you are at worst like what 40%.
Yea that's pretty much what I was trying to ask, sorry for being less clear there. Thx for the response
Not sure what SNG this is but if its a 45 or 180 its a snap shovel.
the **** I be doing in a Lurbz SnG thread posting something else than that? huuuh???Was a 45 :club:
the **** I be doing in a Lurbz SnG thread posting something else than that? huuuh???Was a 45 :club:
lol i'm not exactly bad in steps either ya knowbut yeah i suck in 27s and 9s, terribly.
Any thoughts on this move?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.4 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO (t3020)Button (t1265)Hero (SB) (t1295)BB (t1525)UTG (t2130)UTG+1 (t1800)MP1 (t2505)MP2 (t1460)Hero's M: 8.63Preflop: Hero is SB with 6diamond.gif, 6club.gif5 folds, Button bets t300, Hero raises to t1295 (All-In)No info on villain, and without a HUD that usually suggests he's been on the tighter side, staying out of trouble. He's in prime stealing position and the chips would be a welcome addition to my stack. I'm most likely behind his calling range here, but do I have enough fold equity to make this worthwhile?
standard reshipapologies for short post but i have session up and just firing posts on forums while on quick break
I'll show up with my first challenge: 1.5k games played with 1k min profit in January.EDIT: Tracking this here:Games Played: 47Profit: $-217ROI: -41%VPPs Earned: 223.24VPP Bonus $: $0
Ouch!maybe stick to cash games? I'll sweat you in an sng if you like.. because these numbers are very ugly.
could be a steal, but I'd be more inclined for a stop and go here instead of a pf shove.
Ouch!maybe stick to cash games? I'll sweat you in an sng if you like.. because these numbers are very ugly.
Variance in turbo 45s is ugly.I'm confident that I'll crush, not worried about a sluggish start of runbad.EDIT: I forget where it is but msusyr24 has a post where he's crushed for over 100k this past year and his variance over 3k games had a bottom possibility of variance range of -2k?EDIT 2: Found it. http://msusweetness.blogspot.com/2009/12/c...radicecity.html
Variance in turbo 45s is ugly.I'm confident that I'll crush, not worried about a sluggish start of runbad.EDIT: I forget where it is but msusyr24 has a post where he's crushed for over 100k this past year and his variance over 3k games had a bottom possibility of variance range of -2k?EDIT 2: Found it. http://msusweetness.blogspot.com/2009/12/c...radicecity.html
read the posts at the bottom of that blog. The simulation he ran isnt really useful when trying to come up with a variance number for these sng's because like that person pointed out, your past results will never influence any future results. my concern for you comes from looking at your ROI. if that doesnt change in your next 50 games, i'd give up the sng;s
could be a steal, but I'd be more inclined for a stop and go here instead of a pf shove.
I've gone back and forth on the stop-n-go move and I ended up deciding it's pretty much pointless. I remember a lengthy discussion about it here some time ago (like more than a year maybe, back when Copernicus used to post). I'll see if I can dig it up.
read the posts at the bottom of that blog. The simulation he ran isnt really useful when trying to come up with a variance number for these sng's because like that person pointed out, your past results will never influence any future results. my concern for you comes from looking at your ROI. if that doesnt change in your next 50 games, i'd give up the sng;s
lol?BBsRJReich 5,450 $1 $8 9% $3,818 - N/A PokerStars E45-45
47 games is a ridiculously small sample size. These swings are 100% normal in 45man. I'm sure he can post a 200% roi stretch of 47 games too. Nature of the beast.
47 games is a ridiculously small sample size. These swings are 100% normal in 45man. I'm sure he can post a 200% roi stretch of 47 games too. Nature of the beast.
BBsRJReich 100 $2 $8 26% $208 - N/A PokerStars Last100 E45-45 2 more FTs still in this session and I've got about 3 hours left.
BBsRJReich 100 $2 $8 26% $208 - N/A PokerStars Last100 E45-45 2 more FTs still in this session and I've got about 3 hours left.
how long generally are your sessions? Do you stop at a fixed time or do you just feel it out?
lol?BBsRJReich 5,450 $1 $8 9% $3,818 - N/A PokerStars E45-45
is this you?
small, but still concerning. I'm a firm believer that running bad can be minimized