Phil Ivey Divorce...

Poker Phenom Flushes His MarriagePosted Dec 29th 2009 3:07PM by TMZ StaffPhil Ivey -- one of the most dominant professional poker players in the world -- isn't suited for marriage ... dude was just granted a divorce from his wife Luciaetta.Ivey and Luciaetta filed the joint petition in a Nevada court on December 22 ... three days before Christmas. The divorce was granted today -- both parties were present for the ruling. Phil -- who's reportedly made more than $12 million playing poker -- married Luciaetta back in 2002. The couple has no children together. Fun Fact: Ivey is known in the card community as the "Tiger Woods of Poker" -- [insert your own joke here].Filed under: Celebrity Justice, TMZ Sports

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think his game will be taken to another level (maybe not possible) now that he is not tied to anything or anyone?Or do you think this may hurt him in the short run?I could see him going ape shit at the craps tables and either winning or dusting off a huge chunk.This divorce may give more insight into his actual wealth since things will be split up amongst him and Luciaetta.

Do you think his game will be taken to another level (maybe not possible) now that he is not tied to anything or anyone?Or do you think this may hurt him in the short run?I could see him going ape shit at the craps tables and either winning or dusting off a huge chunk.This divorce may give more insight into his actual wealth since things will be split up amongst him and Luciaetta.
short run it will prob hurt his focus a little bit but long run i see it improving his game
short run it will prob hurt his focus a little bit but long run i see it improving his game
This is the statement of the year. I play 1000% better when I don't have my girlfriend all up in my business.

All the best to this guy.This is from a 29yo point of view......but my wife is the yin to my yang.Nothing is perfect and every now and again marriage may feel burdensome.....but 99% of the time when I feel burdened, I shortly thereafter realize that she definitely keeps me at an even keel in life.I have no clue how Ivey's relationship was, nor should I know. It's actually sad that I'm aware of it all (fk the paparazzi). That said, I know I think I would be crazy party/etc. short term without the wife's balancing effect in my life. I'm sure at some point I would balance off, but even then I think I would indulge myself far more than would even be good for me.That said, all the best to him. It's gotta be tough for couples that get married before one of the two blows up to stardom. It must be an impossible line to toe when "you're both the same people", but that's totally a perfect world thought.....because so much has changed.