Villain here is 30/22/2.3 over 295 hands, he hasn't done anything of note against me yet. The PFR was the big fish at the table, which is why I 3bet to such a large amount, he was yet to fold to one.feral_cow_icon.gifv1.10Converted by a herd of feral cowsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $1/$2 ante $0.30 - 6 playersUTG: $1,595.95 UTG+1: $433.85 CO: $985.15 (Hero)Button: $759.20 SB: $324.45 BB: $626.10 Preflop: ($4.80) Hero is CO with :club:: :3h: (6 players)UTG raises to $8.80, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $40, Button calls $40, 3 foldsFlop: ($93.60) :4h: :5c: :ts: (2 players)Hero ???I'm 400bb deep OOP with an overpair on a drawy flop against a coldcaller. Help!

why did you raise so big pre? 1/2 pot bet and meh call (but i kind of hate how this hand could go) if someone comes over you. if you get floated, turn could be kind of fun..... just don't check here, and really dont c/r like at all!!!!almost wanna say bet fold but i guess he could have a big drawwhat was his flop stats? fold to cbet? 3bet flop? AF?

why did you raise so big pre? was it a live game??? 1/2 pot bet and fold if someone comes over you. if you get floated, turn could be kind of fun..... just don't check here, and really dont c/r like at all!!!!
Not sure... Pot control isn't bad in this spot I 'm not sure I like a lead here because he can raise with so many hands.. you could def check call... but you're probably folding a lot of turn cards here, if I did get a safe turn card i'd probably bet it pretty strong
Not sure... Pot control isn't bad in this spot I 'm not sure I like a lead here because he can raise with so many hands.. you could def check call... but you're probably folding a lot of turn cards here, if I did get a safe turn card i'd probably bet it pretty strong
i dont wanna give free cards with lots of draws, it is so deep we could have a lot of suited connectors that mined pre against us knowing we are strong thus giving loads of implies odds, which is why i hate the big arse raise pre we give our hand strength away so early and we are so deep, just don't like that

rail me rumsey182 on ftp final table #128246124 Dec 28 17:30 Hold'em NL $3 + $0.30

i dont wanna give free cards with lots of draws, it is so deep we could have a lot of suited connectors that mined pre against us knowing we are strong thus giving loads of implies odds, which is why i hate the big arse raise pre we give our hand strength away so early and we are so deep, just don't like that
I understand not wanting to give free cards... but a bet here could very easily result in us having to make a decision to play a huge pot in a pretty bad spot. I don't love the pre flop action either but as is...
I understand not wanting to give free cards... but a bet here could very easily result in us having to make a decision to play a huge pot in a pretty bad spot.
which is why more postflop stats would help

3rd with 7 left above average

Hah, just hijack every thread why dont ya :club: watchin gl
sorry im excited im going to probably double my roll, yes that means i was massively overplaying it but oh well
why did you raise so big pre? 1/2 pot bet and meh call (but i kind of hate how this hand could go) if someone comes over you. if you get floated, turn could be kind of fun..... just don't check here, and really dont c/r like at all!!!!almost wanna say bet fold but i guess he could have a big drawwhat was his flop stats? fold to cbet? 3bet flop? AF?
Because the fish who had raised pre was yet to fold to a 3bet, may as well get more money in when my edge is biggest and I have position for the rest of the hand. BTN coldcalling wasn't expected. He has a 38% fold to cbet and 8% raise cbet. His af was 2.3. So you think we should bet/call flop? What range do you give him? What do you think he coldcalls here $800 deep? If he raises our flop bet and we call, what's the plan for future streets?

bet call but i think he floats a lot of made hands and raises a lot of draws. what was the turn? the more i think about it i am never folding to as 3 bet here

BTN coldcalling wasn't expected.
Hypothetically how often are you calling if you are button? I think if I don't have auto-fold clicked and I'm playing well I call with every single hand pf, lol.
Hypothetically how often are you calling if you are button? I think if I don't have auto-fold clicked and I'm playing well I call with every single hand pf, lol.
I'd probably be calling like, the top 40-50% of my range? Idk, I generally don't give villains enough credit here for me to be able to profitably raise the flop with 52o, etc. If I knew I was playing against myself I probably would call 100% too.
I'd probably be calling like, the top 40-50% of my range? Idk, I generally don't give villains enough credit here for me to be able to profitably raise the flop with 52o, etc. If I knew I was playing against myself I probably would call 100% too.
I called with something like K2ss against Lobster in a similar spot a month or two ago.Edit: It wasn't incredibly similar, but just a spot where his range was polarised to big and I knew I'd be able to push him off if he didn't hit a set.

what did you do on the flop babylon?

Because the fish who had raised pre was yet to fold to a 3bet, may as well get more money in when my edge is biggest and I have position for the rest of the hand. BTN coldcalling wasn't expected. He has a 38% fold to cbet and 8% raise cbet. His af was 2.3. So you think we should bet/call flop? What range do you give him? What do you think he coldcalls here $800 deep? If he raises our flop bet and we call, what's the plan for future streets?
So, UTG is a fish, and he's sitting with over 750bb's. Is there something you're not telling us? Like was he playing every hand and getting really lucky? How often was he opening like that?If he's as big of a fish as you say, and he's sitting with 1500 at 1/2, I'm gonna assume everyone was just gunning for a piece. So that opens up buttons range even more.I think it would help if you posted UTG's stats. It could change the entire dynamics of the table and thus, this hand.back to the hand. I cant say for sure, but I doubt button wants to tangle with you post flop unless he hits the flop hard.Then again, your cbet potentially screams AK, + overpairs. So perhaps vs a competent player, a check might be best, it will confuse him, and keep the pot from getting inflated. But i'd go with my initial instinct that button doesnt want to tangle with you in a big pot unless he has a monster, so i'd bet it here.
So, UTG is a fish, and he's sitting with over 750bb's. Is there something you're not telling us? Like was he playing every hand and getting really lucky? How often was he opening like that?If he's as big of a fish as you say, and he's sitting with 1500 at 1/2, I'm gonna assume everyone was just gunning for a piece. So that opens up buttons range even more.and since the fish folds out pf. You can safely bet this flop to win. I cant say for sure, but I doubt button wants to tangle with you post flop unless he hits the flop hard.Then again, your cbet potentially screams AK, + overpairs. So perhaps vs a competent player, a check might be best, it will confuse him, and keep the pot from getting inflated. But i'd go with my initial instinct that button doesnt want to tangle with you in a big pot unless he has a monster, so i'd bet it here.
UTG folded, the button is the villain in this hand. Which makes us play QQ on an extremely coordinated board OOP.
UTG folded, the button is the villain in this hand. Which makes us play QQ on an extremely coordinated board OOP.
button is the villain post flop.IMO the original villain is UTG. read the post.UTG is the big fish, which is why he 3bet so large. UTG had been calling big bets like that, and UTG is also sitting with 750bb's.Tskillz is correct in assuming button could be calling with ATC. which is why we should (theoretically) bet the flop.
button is the villain post flop.IMO the original villain is UTG. read the post.UTG is the big fish, which is why he 3bet so large. UTG had been calling big bets like that, and UTG is also sitting with 750bb's.Tskillz is correct in assuming button could be calling with ATC. which is why we should (theoretically) bet the flop.
K, I get what you're saying. And what's your plan if we get raised?
Idk, I generally don't give villains enough credit here for me to be able to profitably raise the flop with 52o, etc.
I know I'm not really commenting on this hand because I already have, but I think this is a good point ot hammer home. I'm pretty sure you said he was a 3bb/100 winner on PTR. That's really good, it's hard to win at the rate. Compare that with your own winrate (I don't know what it is) but, mine fluctuates between like 2-4.5, and that's how I would play against you. I don't think there's any reason to think someone winning at 3bb/100 isn't able to think this way and if he's not wtf is he doing so much better than me in other hands to keep his rate right around the same as mine.

I am c/c this flop and seeing a turn.If he does have ATC, he's not playing his ATC cards, he's playing position. You bet the flop and he's repopping it a very big magority of the time regardless of what he has.

I know I'm not really commenting on this hand because I already have, but I think this is a good point ot hammer home. I'm pretty sure you said he was a 3bb/100 winner on PTR. That's really good, it's hard to win at the rate. Compare that with your own winrate (I don't know what it is) but, mine fluctuates between like 2-4.5, and that's how I would play against you. I don't think there's any reason to think someone winning at 3bb/100 isn't able to think this way and if he's not wtf is he doing so much better than me in other hands to keep his rate right around the same as mine.
What I mean was that a vast majority of 200nl regs are marginal winners/breakeven at best. Against this guy I would also be playing position with my entire range, but against your average random reg, it would be much more difficult and I'd try to also have some hand value.