2010 Goals Thread

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm super super excited by the prospect of 2010, I'm taking the year off between high school and university, and I'm really ready to keep improving my game and hopefully continuing to show success at 1/2 and above. Some of my goals:Grind the whole year hardDon't get lazy/complacent with my play and resultsHave a really fun timeWhen we add Rakeback/Bonuses it turns into $14,247.77 for the year :club:
GL babylondonks. I'm hoping to get started on 1/2 as well, and hopefullly by the end of this year, aim to be a winning reg at that level on Stars.Which site do u play on btw?

FTP, I need me that rakeback. Basically I went on a 20BI downer to start the year, went back to 100nl and have swonged there hard as I've switched my roll between sites a few times and changed my game/tables. About breakeven on the year $ wise, but being around 5k under EV this year hasn't made it easy. But April is gonna be a huge month :club:

gl! You'll crush if you keep on working hard and learning the game!

FTP, I need me that rakeback. Basically I went on a 20BI downer to start the year, went back to 100nl and have swonged there hard as I've switched my roll between sites a few times and changed my game/tables. About breakeven on the year $ wise, but being around 5k under EV this year hasn't made it easy. But April is gonna be a huge month :club:
  • 2 months later...

Half year bump:Poker- accrue 5k vpp on pokerstars. <---- at 750 vpp. I'd be on track if full tilt points would count, but since they don't I just have to increase my volume on stars come August.Non-Poker- complete the first draft of my novel. It's sitting at 25k words at the moment. <---- didn't have time, so 0 additional words.- go regularly to the gym and burn 100k calories with cardio. <---- at 21k. I was quite lazy these past few months, but the beauty of phrasing a yearly goal like this is that I can still turn it around, if I go 5+ times a week from now on...

meh not getting into pissing match but there's games where i have a monster edge on you, just as late stage MTTs you prob have monster edge on me, w/eanyway, goals:POKER:Supernova 2010$1250 staking roll by end of year <--- Eclipsed that, but decided to pull out of backing for now. Bought $10 of guy who won FTOPS KO's action returned $900+.$24k profit by end of year (overall) <--- LOL fail so far.Begin 25NL/50NL 6-9-12 tabling in addition to 18/45/180 man SNGs <---- Nnnnnope. Maybe 4th quarter?EDIT: Be backed for $36/180s and $27/$60 45s by September <--- DoneWork on NLHE MTT lategame skills, make 10 FTs with limited volume <--- Uhhh I think I'm at 4-5?Win the $22 HU 3k or 5k probably monthly <--- Stopped playing.2nd EDIT: Sharkscope Leaderboard in at minimum one category. <--- Failboat.3rd EDIT: NO CHATBANS ALL YEAR <--- Definite Failboat.NON POKER:Get school back in order as I bombed this semester <--- Nnnnope.30 pushups + 100 crunches a day <--- Nnnnope.Take till end of February to get old GF back or get over it <--- Over it.Bulk up to 155/160 lbs <--- 151!I may add more later but that's the start.

Wee bit late, but need to make myself responsible. Poker Goals:- Stop Tilting. (If things aren't going well, don't jump limits like a drunken idiot and blow everything.)- Utilize proper BR Management- Stop Depositing- Stop playing Cash Games until I learn to play without money worry.- Play Live.- Win something. WIN SOMETHING!- Profit 1k (lol no.)Non-Poker Goals:- Get a solid job- Move out. Freedom = necessity. - Get a use out of my degree. (Please let this happen.)

Poker:-Exhibit moderate B/R management in the early portion of the year to cultivate a 200-300 buck roll into 500+ Success.-Making 100-200 a month by June , still exhibiting solid B/R management...in an attempt to set a foundation to prove that I can grind a supplemental side income couple hundred a month in poker if/when the wife and I decide to have kid(s). TBD. Net avg is there, even exceeded. Mucho year left though, gotta stay simple and focused-Continue progressing and cultivating my play in PLO/PLO8/HORSE very much so-Get my first four figure score. it happened! 2nd in the early double for 1.3k or so-FT a NLHE MTT. see above. also took 35th in the double deuce-Take more time for MTT poker. I can't quantify this...I work M-F and have a very large social calendar on weekends. Essentially maybe taking a few days off solely to play poker or just give me weekend days for the intent of MTT'ing.Have actually taken time to play some sunday tournies, with fair to solid results.Non-Poker:-It's weird. I think about it....and I'm pretty content with the status quo in my life these days. So I guess I hope things hang steady with work, love and life. fuck yeah- That said I'm hit a new high at 207lbs. I'm 6'2 and very athletic so it's really no big deal. But that said I want to get back to the 195-200 range and stay there, while still keeping up a good pace w/ lifting. First time I'm going to actually try to lose weight in my life.Was as low as 202, but sit currently at 207 still. As noted it's still in fine form.....but since January I've suffered two leg injuries. Re-sprained my MCL in March in soccer, and just this weekend pretty badly strained my calf in volleyball. Double edged sword that I think my body is just carrying too much weight, but these injuries keep me from a lot of cardio working out, etc.-Along with that I want to try and incorporate a meatless diet into my life. This is more of a pipe dream I feel, but I am slowly but steadily decreasing my meat consumption, so I guess just keep decreasing it when possible and we'll see what happens.Still a pipe dream that i flirt with for a few days here and there.
I guess, all told, it's been a very positive 6 months thusfar! I may incorporate some new goals, but on the whole I want to just toe this line. Biggest area of concern is the urge to play outside my roll. I'm not reckless like my youthful days, but I really want to keep a sustained roll that I can wean off of. We shall see!!!
  • 2 months later...

3/4 year bump:Poker- accrue 5k vpp on pokerstars. <---- at roughly 1.1k vpp. Probably won't make it.Non-Poker- complete the first draft of my novel. It's sitting at 25k words at the moment. Wrote about 1000 words... Yeah, not gonna happen either.- go regularly to the gym and burn 100k calories with cardio. <---- at 32k. Just cancelled my membership for the end of October, seeing as how I won't be able to do it anymore. On the bright side, I did more than I did in the previous years, so setting the bar high was still a good idea.

i officially hate you kaianyway, goals:POKER:Supernova 2010 <---- HAHAHA NO.$1250 staking roll by end of year <--- Done and not in the backing game save for 2 small horses.$24k profit by end of year (overall) <--- Including live and bonuses...around $10kBegin 25NL/50NL 6-9-12 tabling in addition to 18/45/180 man SNGs <---- Hell no.EDIT: Be backed for $36/180s and $27/$60 45s by September <--- Done, but moved back down for now.Work on NLHE MTT lategame skills, make 10 FTs with limited volume <--- 6 now IIRC.Win the $22 HU 3k or 5k probably monthly <--- Stopped playing.2nd EDIT: Sharkscope Leaderboard in at minimum one category. <--- Soooo damn close to the Av. Profit leaderboard for $12 180s but every time I hover around the $8.30 per game last 500 number I go on a 100 game BE stretch.3rd EDIT: NO CHATBANS ALL YEAR <--- Definite Failboat.NON POKER:Get school back in order as I bombed this semester <--- Yes, for the new semester so far.30 pushups + 100 crunches a day <--- I'm lazy as hellTake till end of February to get old GF back or get over it <--- New girl next week.Bulk up to 155/160 lbs <--- 147

Gonna be somewhere around +$38k to end the year barring a tournament score if I decide to play one. It's been a tough year and over half my $ has come from FPPs. However I've developed a lot and I'm happy with where I've gotten to and I know areas I need to improve. To end the year I feel 5/10-15/30 SHLHE is my main cash game and I feel comfortable playing MTTs up to $100 and majors.2010Poker-Play less poker than in 2009 probably about the same/slgithy more-Play 75% of my hands at 10/20+. Be comfortable playing 50/100 by the end of the year LOL-300k VPP on Stars, 100k hands on FTP - LOL-Only play tournaments on Sundays (except for special events) - LOL - although this is definitely my plan for the next 3 months -Learn other games past basics (PLO probably– stud games/O8/triple draw maybe) - Doing this!-Learn to enjoy the game again (been too much of a chore recently) - after going through periods of pure hatred towards the game I'm back I quite enjoying the grind for the most part-25k online to 6 figures - not quite this but i've not done badly Other-Move out - 6 months with parents is 6 months too long - bink....in 2 weeks-Start exercising regularly - I can't remain 21 and slim forever - hahahah - somehow I'm still in okay shape tohugh -Visit a new continent - it's a choice of South America, Africa and Australasia. Asia will be good as well since my entire stay there was in one of the airports in Istanbul for about thirty minutes. - meh - saw a lot of North America tihs year

Not much new to report between end of Q2 and Q3. Play has been very steady. My MTT play has flatted to near zilch over the last few months, but I undertook to start grinding some 2/4 and 3/6 Limit O/8. Success has been steady....which ive then dumped into offsetting trips to vegas :ts That said I have no problem with that cycle. It's fun money, and I'm having lots of fun with it :club: Sooner or later vegas might even let me win...gasp.All other goals are pretty much right where they left off. Had the weight back down to 200, but it ballooned back up after LV trip and a bit of a lethargic period. Still want to stop eating meat badly, but am wholly addicted to it.4th quarter will be interesting though. After clearing out accounts to cover LV I'm left with a very short B/R. I don't intend on .01/.02 grinding at it, so I'm definitely running some risk here of an online busto. Def moving out of ring into SnG land. Hoping to make time for a couple MTT's, although it's ironic now to get back into them with a thinned out roll. In all I'm very, very happy with my goals laid out for 2010 and my follow-through this year, no matter what Q4 says about it. I will definitely have to reassess this online-LV-online-LV cycle though should I really desire to sustain a real roll online long term.

Poker-Play less Holdem and concentrate on mix games. I have -ROI in holdem but +ROI in Horse and 8 Game. - Flipped that around, now have a postive roi in Holdem and Negative in Mix :ts - Try and qualify for another TV poker event. - I feel silly for writing this now :club: - Play in the Horse, SCOOP and WCOOP events next year. - Played in SCOOP and bombed out. On a postive I a least cashed in the Razz Scoop event.
  • 4 weeks later...
Not much new to report between end of Q2 and Q3. Play has been very steady. My MTT play has flatted to near zilch over the last few months, but I undertook to start grinding some 2/4 and 3/6 Limit O/8. Success has been steady....which ive then dumped into offsetting trips to vegas :4h That said I have no problem with that cycle. It's fun money, and I'm having lots of fun with it :club: Sooner or later vegas might even let me win...gasp.All other goals are pretty much right where they left off. Had the weight back down to 200, but it ballooned back up after LV trip and a bit of a lethargic period. Still want to stop eating meat badly, but am wholly addicted to it.4th quarter will be interesting though. After clearing out accounts to cover LV I'm left with a very short B/R. I don't intend on .01/.02 grinding at it, so I'm definitely running some risk here of an online busto. Def moving out of ring into SnG land. Hoping to make time for a couple MTT's, although it's ironic now to get back into them with a thinned out roll. In all I'm very, very happy with my goals laid out for 2010 and my follow-through this year, no matter what Q4 says about it. I will definitely have to reassess this online-LV-online-LV cycle though should I really desire to sustain a real roll online long term.
Well short term variance and a renewed direction in MTT play has really helped this month. I have actually reached 4-6 FT's of MTTs ranging from 50 players to 684 players. My cash play has been less than fantastic, but I'm still in a position that I have offset the LV losses previously reported on 10/1 and am staying afloat. This year has been excellent in my goal making/follow through. Even though I'm essentially break even for the year, that's because of fun vegas trips. To a degree I don't even mind this cycle of having nothing to show for it but funding 2 LV trips a year through my hobby. I may put myself on a self-ban for a while and just play the weekly neg-o's for fun or something, just to take a break from the game, and also to force myself to start working on our house. The the damage from our flood this summer has been cleared up, our basement still needs to be completely refinished. Just a periodic update. I'll let the masses know before if/when I go on hiatus for a while. That said even if I do that, I still plan on making the weekly neg-o my one weekly poker venture. I also have battled two colds in the last 3-4 weeks, so i need to start getting back into a physical workout routine. I have no worries about that though!!My continued big regret though is that I don't have rakeback on FTP. I should probably utilize my points better on both tilt and stars by reinvesting in tourney buys and what not, but I enjoy coming away with various swag from them :ts Currently sitting with my 3k+ FPPs and debating between the turbo next sunday or the neat looking spade hoodie or US jersey, both of which I think look VERY cool.
POKER - Grow my poker bar league business to 8 weekly events (2 events per 4 nights) averaging at least 25 people per event. Generate $24K revenue in 2010.
Currently @ 12 weekly events (2 events per 6 nights) and am averaging 15 people on 3 of the nights and 20 people on 3 of the nights. Goal is still to grow existing locations to a 25 people per event average. Looks like I will probably be shy of my revenue goal, but will be on track for that number in 2011.
I don't want to get as detailed on goals this year because so much changes from the beginning of the year to the end.But I want to put in better volume. And make half a million.
Lol on the volume. I have a much better shot to hit a half million than I do to play half as many hands/hours as I did last year.