2010 Goals Thread

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sick volume at 1k NL. Keep up that winrate.
Ty, it's easy when doing $10 flips with Highwaystar!
GOALS for 2010:1. Supernova (I think I could hit 200k VPPs if I try but I will be quite content with just SN)2. Put in MORE sessions3. Play LESS tourneys4. PROFIT (preferably 50k+)5. Get 4bb mini-baller house with other mini-ballers (Like Tehtoe, kobe2odom8, Highwaystar???!?) and have a great summer6. Finish college7. Get back down to 170...I gained wayyy too much this year8. Continue to coach bowling9. Prove to myself that this year in poker wasn't a fluke.I graduate in Spring 2011 and I would like to be able to afford to take a few years off from having to get a 9to5 job and try poker for real (no school...no job...just poker) and I need to give myself some more confidence I can do it.CHEERS TO A SUCCESSFUL 2010!!!
Sigh I'm jealous already!
Gonna be somewhere around +$38k to end the year barring a tournament score if I decide to play one. It's been a tough year and over half my $ has come from FPPs. However I've developed a lot and I'm happy with where I've gotten to and I know areas I need to improve. To end the year I feel 5/10-15/30 SHLHE is my main cash game and I feel comfortable playing MTTs up to $100 and majors.2010Poker-Play less poker than in 2009-Play 75% of my hands at 10/20+. Be comfortable playing 50/100 by the end of the year-300k VPP on Stars, 100k hands on FTP-Only play tournaments on Sundays (except for special events)-Learn other games past basics (PLO probably– stud games/O8/triple draw maybe)-Learn to enjoy the game again (been too much of a chore recently).-25k online to 6 figures Other-Move out - 6 months with parents is 6 months too long-Start exercising regularly - I can't remain 21 and slim forever-Visit a new continent - it's a choice of South America, Africa and Australasia. Asia will be good as well since my entire stay there was in one of the airports in Istanbul for about thirty minutes.
I was US Navy 11 years and have been around the world twice, but I have to ask where the hell is that????

Sticking with the first goal for this year: lose some weight, maybe 15-20 pounds if I'm lucky. Move into a house or new placeMake some money playing cards: I've had a good run play in tournaments lately. I'd like to have a four figure tourney cash. I need to improve though.Try to clean more/stay cleaner: I know this one is going to be a work in progress.

Wheeeee, prolly the only person around these parts for the new year!! Stayed in with the wifey, as we've had a tiring week. I knew i had a handle of capt'n, case of bud and bottle of champagne hanging around for a reason, lol. New year looking good to go. 10 minutes to new year here in the chi. FTP finally got my login issues resolved after two weeks (lol support) and since had rode a soild heater in ring PLO. Have put down a 6 pack and some bubbly. Everything's coming up milhouse. And our favorite show Three Sheets has been on all night on a channel we didn't know existed. I've also decided it would be fun to actually try and meet some FCP people over the summer. This dispels all my prior belief of 'online friendships' and actually meeting people from online world to be 'creepy'. Happy new year all!!!!

Non Poker Goals: Lose some weight and get in shape so I can live to see my kids grow up.Poker Goals: Make my first 4 figure score in a tourney. Get Better, Get Better, Get Better.

Make Supernova Elite MMTing 2-4 LHE 6 max and be the year's biggest winner @ that stake according to PTR.
Move to 5/10 and do that
Make Supernova Elite MMTing 2-4 LHE 6 max and be the year's biggest winner @ that stake according to PTR.
If you're a good enough player to be the leader at 2/4 you will be good enough to beat 5/10 and 10/20 and get yourself out of the raketrap that is low fixed limit holdem.

I don't have a comfortable enough roll yet for 5/T. Even if I had a roll, I just started playing 6 max for the first time ever 8 days ago. I may end up there eventually, but imo 3-6+ is full of regs and I don't see it being very profitable. I don't want to be one of those SNEs that's a break even (or losing) player. 2-4 is full of fish. Enough for me to beat the rake and make SNE. Besides, I already moved up from 50c-$1 FR LHE. I don't know if I can handle a 10-fold jump within two weeks. Right now I'm winning 1.71 bb/100 over 28000 hands MMTing 2-4 6 max and am still improving my game. That's close to $100/hr w/o rakeback from FPPs.Right now I'm 4th btw. I'll get there...

Assuming no deposit and no big tournament cashes, increase bankroll to $1,000 by year end.Keep my tournaments limited to mostly rebuys.My tilt control this year has been very good. But I need to be even more disciplined in 2010. I need to stop playing the moment I feel annoyed, even if it's only for 30 mins, just to cool down.If I never play a cash game in 2010, that would be fine.

In an effort to become a better poker player here are my goals.To become a winning online poker player (winning = net profitable - which is going to take a lot of work) - subgoals that will help me to achieve this goalBecome more active in this valuable community by posting more and analysing my own play more cricitallyPost at least one strategy/analysis hand a weekComment on other peoples postsDon't play just because I am boredDon't do too many things while playing (reading forums - watching tv, talking on the phone)Continue to work on improving my live game - subgoals that will help me to achieve this goalPay better attention to what hands people are playing even when I am not in the handLook for betting tendencies and trends (tells)Put people on ranges and see how often I am rightFinal Table a live tournament (in Vegas) - I will have two separate opportunities to accomplish this March and JuneGeneral Life GoalsMarkedly reduce swearingRead More (not poker)Be more correspondentSo by posting this - I am taking the first step for 2010!

Non Poker - Graduate, give my car a successful $50 pain job, read more fictional books
That sounds painful. Wait, your car can feel pain?2010 Poker goal: Finally be more than just slightly profitable at this damn game. I would be very happy to see my small bankroll doubled by the end of the year.

Plug the holes in the sinking ship that is my bank roll. Make good on my deal with Jariso13Put more hours in at live games in ACProperly manage my money. GET GOODand ... Keep the boners coming

• 2 months later...
In an effort to become a better poker player here are my goals.To become a winning online poker player (winning = net profitable - which is going to take a lot of work) - subgoals that will help me to achieve this goalBecome more active in this valuable community by posting more and analysing my own play more cricitallyPost at least one strategy/analysis hand a weekComment on other peoples postsDon't play just because I am boredDon't do too many things while playing (reading forums - watching tv, talking on the phone)Continue to work on improving my live game - subgoals that will help me to achieve this goalPay better attention to what hands people are playing even when I am not in the handLook for betting tendencies and trends (tells)Put people on ranges and see how often I am rightFinal Table a live tournament (in Vegas) - I will have two separate opportunities to accomplish this March and JuneGeneral Life GoalsMarkedly reduce swearingRead More (not poker)Be more correspondentSo by posting this - I am taking the first step for 2010!
Since it is the start of the Second Quarter I thought I would check back and see how I am doing on my goals.Become more active in this valuable community by posting more and analysing my own play more cricitallyPost at least one strategy/analysis hand a week - Fail - need to improveComment on other peoples posts - Fail for the most part - need to improveDon't play just because I am bored - getting better - need continued improvementDon't do too many things while playing (reading forums - watching tv, talking on the phone) - getting much better but still need to improve - don't think I can turn the tv off ever tho.Continue to work on improving my live game - subgoals that will help me to achieve this goalPay better attention to what hands people are playing even when I am not in the hand - getting better - had 6 winning sessions in a row Look for betting tendencies and trends (tells) - still needs work.Put people on ranges and see how often I am right - will always need work.I have turned my sit and go ROI to a positive number for the first time in a long time. I have been working on the 1.1 90 mans and have moved up to the 2.20 180 mans where I feel comfortable. This has really taught me how to win which has been difficult in the past. I am continuing to work on my micro MTT's and have been cashing more consistently - now I just need to get to a FT and win one of those.Happy Spring! Here is to continuing to improve in 2010
meh not getting into pissing match but there's games where i have a monster edge on you, just as late stage MTTs you prob have monster edge on me, w/eanyway, goals:POKER:Supernova 2010 <--- LOL I'm at 10k VPPs$1250 staking roll by end of year <--- Sitting around $300$24k profit by end of year (overall) <--- This got changed to $40k. I'm at $4k.Begin 25NL/50NL 6-9-12 tabling in addition to 18/45/180 man SNGs <----- Not quite yet.EDIT: Be backed for $36/180s and $27/$60 45s by September <---- Already Done.Work on NLHE MTT lategame skills, make 10 FTs with limited volume <---- 2 so far, $22 HU $3k and $8.80 12k Turbo.Win the $22 HU 3k or 5k probably monthly <---- Failure ITT. I have 1 2nd but I essentially stopped playing it.2nd EDIT: Sharkscope Leaderboard in at minimum one category. <--- Failure so far.3rd EDIT: NO CHATBANS ALL YEAR <---- Banned on FTP.NON POKER:Get school back in order as I bombed this semester <--- Ehhh.30 pushups + 100 crunches a day <---- LOL no.Take till end of February to get old GF back or get over it <----- Over it.Bulk up to 155/160 lbs <----- LOL no.I may add more later but that's the start.

Since we are bumping:Poker- accrue 5k fpp on pokerstars. <---- at 550 fpp, but still losing $Non-Poker- complete the first draft of my novel. It's sitting at 25k words at the moment. <---- didn't have time, so 0 additional words- go regularly to the gym and burn 100k calories with cardio. <---- at 13k, but didn't go for most of march. Need to start going again as of this month