2010 Goals Thread

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poker: - play 1500 WSOP Omaha8 event and not care about results - play like I know I can, not emotional but confident and intelligentlyLife - stick with the personal training - meet more women - have sex with said women - get on TV

I don't want to get as detailed on goals this year because so much changes from the beginning of the year to the end.But I want to put in better volume. And make half a million.
nice goal that is probably real~!
ffs, can people stop saying brah.
i've quietly thought this to myself for the past 4 months. I just assumed it was the 20 y.o SoCal thing to say or something, so I just dismissed it. I swear that is the clique word of 2009....at least in my time here on FCP. As if someone called me brah in my daily doings I'd probably tell them to shove a surfboard up their starfish.
i've quietly thought this to myself for the past 4 months. I just assumed it was the 20 y.o SoCal thing to say or something, so I just dismissed it. I swear that is the clique word of 2009....at least in my time here on FCP. As if someone called me brah in my daily doings I'd probably tell them to shove a surfboard up their starfish.
kobe2 is just getting old and grumpy

Poker-Have a $1000 bankroll between FullTilt and Pokerstars. I currently have ~$50 between the two sites.-Stick to my bankroll management plan I set for myself to avoid going broke.-Only play when I feel good about playing. I have a problem trying to force sessions on myself and it usually turns out bad.-Start posting more in strat forums to improve my game.-Play staked in some tournaments here on FCP.Non-Poker-Be a better husband/father.-Take care of myself alot better.-Lose some weight.-Do ALOT more hunting/fishing than 2009.Hopefully everyone had a good year in 2009 with life/poker. I did OK with both although we could all strive to do a little better. I played freerolls most of the year and finished up making what I have in my accounts on FullTilt/Pokerstars. It's nothing to brag about but at least to start 2010 off I will not be playing freerolls! :club: Best of luck to FCP for 2010!

This was my November:

gHVBP9BQRlorck1QMfEI.png
And my goals:
Goals for December:Time off - BinkGet some poker in - BinkPlay my A+ game for longer - Debatable, I think I can focus for longer, not sure if it's A+
December:jDdpFWMT3CER-PzFhUjG.pngI failed at a shot a bit higher, which I sold a % for, so I'm calling it 4k ;)Pretty lol month, breakeven stretches followed by rocketships. Pretty happy though, I'm basically at 1/2 permanently now and ready to continue crushing that limit. Also played a bit of 2/4 and 3/6 against fish for about $600. I won at 1/2 at 13bb/100 which is my third straight month where I've won my main game at >5ptbb/100. So definitely no complaints. With rakeback it's $4572.11 which is my best month ever. 2009:Here's my graph for all of 2009:xZropE3VhZPI35baj4Sd.pngThat misses some of my old database, which is worth about $1800 so I'm calling it an 11.6k year in pure poker. I am super happy with this total. I had a bankroll of less than $200 in April and I managed to grind it up without being staked or binking a MTT (although I did bink some PLO :club:). Not to say it makes it any more or less of an accomplishment, but I feel like I've really had to grind the micros to get to where I am today, something I'm very proud of. By the end of 2009 I was going to be really happy to be rolled for 50nl, so to be where I'm at is incredible. I didn't play a ton of hands this year, as seen, so I can't be nearly sure of my true winrate at any stake really, but I'm super happy with my results thus far and I feel very confident up to 200nl. Here's my breakdown by stakes.tXiAlhzdR6F7iFjcX5Xj.pngI'm super super excited by the prospect of 2010, I'm taking the year off between high school and university, and I'm really ready to keep improving my game and hopefully continuing to show success at 1/2 and above. Some of my goals:Grind the whole year hardDon't get lazy/complacent with my play and resultsHave a really fun timeWhen we add Rakeback/Bonuses it turns into $14,247.77 for the year :ts
This was my November:And my goals:December:jDdpFWMT3CER-PzFhUjG.pngI failed at a shot a bit higher, which I sold a % for, so I'm calling it 4k ;)Pretty lol month, breakeven stretches followed by rocketships. Pretty happy though, I'm basically at 1/2 permanently now and ready to continue crushing that limit. Also played a bit of 2/4 and 3/6 against fish for about $600. I won at 1/2 at 13bb/100 which is my third straight month where I've won my main game at >5ptbb/100. So definitely no complaints. With rakeback it's $4572.11 which is my best month ever. 2009:Here's my graph for all of 2009:xZropE3VhZPI35baj4Sd.pngThat misses some of my old database, which is worth about $1800 so I'm calling it an 11.6k year in pure poker. I am super happy with this total. I had a bankroll of less than $200 in April and I managed to grind it up without being staked or binking a MTT (although I did bink some PLO :club:). Not to say it makes it any more or less of an accomplishment, but I feel like I've really had to grind the micros to get to where I am today, something I'm very proud of. By the end of 2009 I was going to be really happy to be rolled for 50nl, so to be where I'm at is incredible. I didn't play a ton of hands this year, as seen, so I can't be nearly sure of my true winrate at any stake really, but I'm super happy with my results thus far and I feel very confident up to 200nl. Here's my breakdown by stakes.tXiAlhzdR6F7iFjcX5Xj.pngI'm super super excited by the prospect of 2010, I'm taking the year off between high school and university, and I'm really ready to keep improving my game and hopefully continuing to show success at 1/2 and above. Some of my goals:Grind the whole year hardDon't get lazy/complacent with my play and resultsHave a really fun timeWhen we add Rakeback/Bonuses it turns into $14,247.77 for the year :ts
Sick volume at 1k NL. Keep up that winrate.

Poker-I've come to the conclusion (it only took me 4 years) I can only play poker for fun. I use it to get rid of some stress from work and it makes me feel good to spewtard my money with funny plays.My poker goal will be; have fun... and deposit. *Tip; get me on your buddy list* Non-Poker-Got a card from work just before Christmass reading; Thanks for the help but at the end of January we can't use you anymore. So I've got to search for a new job.-Besides work I'm in a good place right now. Maybe take a month long break and have some fun somewhere in this year.-Break my record run of 5 nine-ball racks and 63 run in straight pool.Ik wens iedereen een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!!I wish everyone a happy New Year!!

Results time!!!I decided last November that I thought I was good enough to potentially turn poker into a career. I was making a few thousand a year and nothing special, but I thought if I dedicated myself to poker, my results could really start to show. I went out on Black Friday and spent $100 on a 19" ($100 was a lot for someone with no job at the time) and got a CR membership.I started this year out with $1000 and 2 main rules. 1. PROPER BANKROLL MANAGEMENT - I was already a BR nit so this was no real problem at all this year 2. MINIMUM 50K HANDS AT EVERY LEVEL BEFORE I DECIDE TO MOVE UP - This was no problem since I (as stated before) am a bankroll nit.I really had no understanding of 6max but after watching a few CR videos and reading TONS of the CThread, I felt confident to give it a go. I had a chance for a stake right off the bat but decided to see how I could fare by myself instead...which turned out pretty good. I may be a bit behind in terms of skill, but it paid off by having a great year (Coaching is in my near future I think as I get higher)I started the year off at 25nl. This was my 1st month of grinding.0o7W0eNN6_Mor9PpjNnx.pngMoved to 50nl Feb 1st (Career 50nl graph)X4H5C_CHlB6TdozlTfpE.pngI took a failed shot at 100nl in March which I played very poor mainly due to a 2 week flood that was pretty worrysome. It shattered my confidence and I moved back down to 50nl again until July. Thank God, in March I had my biggest tourney cash up until that point for almost 4k to save my monthJuly I moved to 100nl permanently (Career 100nl graph...that drop to -1500 was during my failed attempt at 100nl)DiZSByoWlYItYmiIW9AT.pngSchool started back up in September and I had what will definitely be my toughest semester of school which SEVERELY crushed my poker time (2.86 GPA and I can honestly say I deserved it and was very happy with it). In Sept, however, I managed to take 3rd in a miniFTOPS 11r for ~$25k to save my year. Shortly after, I started mixing in 200nl with my 100nl with mixed results (200nl graph)fabmmVOLIGe6eogOh9nj.pngAdding in a bit of PLO...here is my YTD cash graph. (missing some hands I played on laptop and I lost over $500 playing some minbet for fun and $2 flips which I am down 100 buyins at)JrmBIxPggTzKQsMCMzuM.pngBreakdown for BBt9QJjBQoG9VqNkQdM_oE.pngAnd since I am such a graph/spreadsheet whore...my final yearly spreadsheet.1LOfCPuUMXZ0LRZfASWP.pngSo +$45,094.26 on year. Not bad starting with a 1k BR and aspirations of making this a living and nothing more.GOALS for 2010:1. Supernova (I think I could hit 200k VPPs if I try but I will be quite content with just SN)2. Put in MORE sessions3. Play LESS tourneys4. PROFIT (preferably 50k+)5. Get 4bb mini-baller house with other mini-ballers (Like Tehtoe, kobe2odom8, Highwaystar???!?) and have a great summer6. Finish college7. Get back down to 170...I gained wayyy too much this year8. Continue to coach bowling9. Prove to myself that this year in poker wasn't a fluke.I graduate in Spring 2011 and I would like to be able to afford to take a few years off from having to get a 9to5 job and try poker for real (no school...no job...just poker) and I need to give myself some more confidence I can do it.CHEERS TO A SUCCESSFUL 2010!!!

2009 GoalsLife:Get my dad's finances stable and my parents settled into the same nursing home. Ongoing for the first one, and yes for the secondFind a new job or fulfillment (and a big raise) at the current one. Two raises compensated a little for the fulfillment I didn't findSee my European friends at least once. Twice!Visit my US friends more often Yes and had fun surprising friends with last minute tripsPlay my sport with the enthusiasm and commitment I used to bring. Yes. Paid off with another world championshipValue fitness more Yes, for the middle of the year, not so much this fall.Read some books I'm 750 pages through a 1k page book, so that counts for 3-5 books right?Poker:Enjoy playing even when I get stuck NopePlay better postflop I think I've made progressIncrease bankroll to move up in stakes at least once Actually moved down for a while to retool my game.Connect with players for in-person discussion No. Would still like to do this. Bay Area meetup?Become comfortable playing live. Played no live games, and I'm fine with that.2010 GoalsLife: More happiness, less depressionMake peace with my job or find a different oneMaintain enthusiasm for my sport even with the stresses of competitionResearch living abroadLose another ten poundsPoker:More enjoyment, less angerBetter real-time hand readingMaximize winning sessions and bail on losing onesMore in-person discussion/hanging out