2010 Goals Thread

Poker:$400/mo profit from $6/$11/$16 SNG's, and MTT's.STAY AWAY FROM ONLINE CASH GAMES.Run good in live cash games. Non-poker:Sell $200k in premium by March 1, $300k by June and another $150-300k by end of the year.Pay off TV and 2 credit cardsSave $2/$3k by end of yearTry to never view my wife as a money-sucking vampire.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poker:-move up in limits at horse and 8-game on stars-play more live poker, cash and tourneys (more fun than staring at a screen)

Gonna be somewhere around +$38k to end the year barring a tournament score if I decide to play one. It's been a tough year and over half my $ has come from FPPs. However I've developed a lot and I'm happy with where I've gotten to and I know areas I need to improve. To end the year I feel 5/10-15/30 SHLHE is my main cash game and I feel comfortable playing MTTs up to $100 and majors.2010Poker-Play less poker than in 2009-Play 75% of my hands at 10/20+. Be comfortable playing 50/100 by the end of the year-300k VPP on Stars, 100k hands on FTP-Only play tournaments on Sundays (except for special events)-Learn other games past basics (PLO probably– stud games/O8/triple draw maybe)-Learn to enjoy the game again (been too much of a chore recently).-25k online to 6 figures Other-Move out - 6 months with parents is 6 months too long-Start exercising regularly - I can't remain 21 and slim forever-Visit a new continent - it's a choice of South America, Africa and Australasia. Asia will be good as well since my entire stay there was in one of the airports in Istanbul for about thirty minutes.

poker goals for 2010, thx with help of my coach in HLHE, weeeeeeeeeeeeget roi out of the negativesMake at least $2000 profit instead of redepositingmove up from 18 man snagsplay cash Stud games, and move out of turbo's into more stud tournaments non turbo'sVegas WSOP event $1500 stud, $1000 ladies ,& $1000 seniorsContinue Live games once or twice a month 4-6 hour sessionsContinue with my private games , and having fun with my poker friendsNon Poker Goals stay somewhat healthy, good luck me, on going battle lost 160 lbs lose another 60travel to California to visit a girl friend and other friends, also to New Jersey, Vegas, San AntonioHave tons of fun, live my life to the fulliest

Are we including this year's results too?

You, me and k2o8 move in together one time.
Come to Australia!
Gonna be somewhere around +$38k to end the year barring a tournament score if I decide to play one. It's been a tough year and over half my $ has come from FPPs. However I've developed a lot and I'm happy with where I've gotten to and I know areas I need to improve. To end the year I feel 5/10-15/30 SHLHE is my main cash game and I feel comfortable playing MTTs up to $100 and majors.2010Poker-Play less poker than in 2009-Play 75% of my hands at 10/20+. Be comfortable playing 50/100 by the end of the year-300k VPP on Stars, 100k hands on FTP-Only play tournaments on Sundays (except for special events)-Learn other games past basics (PLO probably– stud games/O8/triple draw maybe)-Learn to enjoy the game again (been too much of a chore recently).-25k online to 6 figures Other-Move out - 6 months with parents is 6 months too long-Start exercising regularly - I can't remain 21 and slim forever-Visit a new continent - it's a choice of South America, Africa and Australasia. Asia will be good as well since my entire stay there was in one of the airports in Istanbul for about thirty minutes.
Here ainec
Rose may I ask who your coach is?
a member of fcp and another poker forumlets say he is a winning player lol, with cashes, and a good roi

Poker- $500 profit playing 2.20 1/4 mil sats - already started this due to prop bet- final table a 3000+ person mtt - another prop bet already in progress- go back to grinding sngs, probably mtts- 4 figure score in mttLife- start working out again- back to 185lbs, about 30-40lbs- figure out how to have fun without drinking - been working on this for a few yearsGood Luck all

Other-Move out - 6 months with parents is 6 months too long-Start exercising regularly - I can't remain 21 and slim forever-Visit a new continent - it's a choice of South America, Africa and Australasia. Asia will be good as well since my entire stay there was in one of the airports in Istanbul for about thirty minutes.
Like what babylon said, come to Australia ainec imo.

Poker:-Exhibit moderate B/R management in the early portion of the year to cultivate a 200-300 buck roll into 500+-Making 100-200 a month by June , still exhibiting solid B/R management...in an attempt to set a foundation to prove that I can grind a supplemental side income couple hundred a month in poker if/when the wife and I decide to have kid(s).-Continue progressing and cultivating my play in PLO/PLO8/HORSE-Get my first four figure score.-FT a NLHE MTT.-Take more time for MTT poker. I can't quantify this...I work M-F and have a very large social calendar on weekends. Essentially maybe taking a few days off solely to play poker or just give me weekend days for the intent of MTT'ing.Non-Poker:-It's weird. I think about it....and I'm pretty content with the status quo in my life these days. So I guess I hope things hang steady with work, love and life.- That said I'm hit a new high at 207lbs. I'm 6'2 and very athletic so it's really no big deal. But that said I want to get back to the 195-200 range and stay there, while still keeping up a good pace w/ lifting. First time I'm going to actually try to lose weight in my life.-Along with that I want to try and incorporate a meatless diet into my life. This is more of a pipe dream I feel, but I am slowly but steadily decreasing my meat consumption, so I guess just keep decreasing it when possible and we'll see what happens.

another thread derailed by something involving rose. awesome
really wasn't me lol who derailed it. I put my goals just like everyone else, people just can't leave it alone.
another thread derailed by something involving rose. awesome
Over/under on the number of days 'till someone makes the thread, "Who is Rose's coach"?

POKER- Maintain bankroll and steam control- Play 12 $6.50 45 turbos an hour average (with 10%+ ROI) building to 20 an hour by the end of the year- Whenever feeling tilted or like I'm losing too much, switch to 20 $10.40 double or nothing turbos an hour average (with 5%+ ROI)- Play no more than 120 hours a monthLIFE- Build up a varied art portfolio- Sell lots on ebay including stuff I create- Save £8,000 over the year- Be ready to go back to university in 2011 so I'm doing an art/design postgraduate course before I'm 30- Focus on the positive long term things that make me happy- Be a better friend, son, brother and boyfriend than I was in 2009 (unfortunately for those who stuck with me through the first three quarters of this year, that should be an easy goal for me to achieve)