• Mike Matusow
    • Gus Hansen

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I'm trying to make this a weekly feature on FCP and when the week is over the thread will be closed and moved to Player Profiles so you can read them whenever. Remember, keep the chit chat to a mi

That's the amazing thing about Phil. When we were younger he was the most likely to tilt because he has such a wild and aggressive style, especially in Stud. In the last five years, though, the guy ju

He's kind of has a killer mentality when it comes to gambling. He loves it, and wants to crush people. He has intense focus and drive that's hard to practice, you either got it or you don't. His weak

He is probably the biggest regular gambler in the world and almost certainly the biggest gambler in Vegas. I won't touch on amounts, but it's A LOT.
He's kind of has a killer mentality when it comes to gambling. He loves it, and wants to crush people. He has intense focus and drive that's hard to practice, you either got it or you don't. His weakness, I think, would be his constant need for action ALL THE TIME.
He seems to be pretty well off financially now considering his contract with Full Tilt.Do you think without the poker boom and promotional endorsements he received, he would have went broke with all his betting?

There is something about Phil Ivey's eyes. It just seems like with every glance he is picking up tons of info. Is his stare down as intimidating live as it is shown on tv? I think I've wet myself once or twice just watching.

Does Phill have any interests outside of poker/gambling? I.E. Bad example: collects Tiffany lamps.If Phill wasn't a gambler, what do you think he would do?How bad do you think Phil wanted to win the Main Event? Does Phil care about the bracelet at all or is all about the cabbage?Is Phil a math guy at all? (or purely a feel player ie takes math into considerstion but not the end all be all in his decisons)How good is Phil at picking up tells? Is the fact that he can read other players one of his strenghts?Does Phil still talk about hands with you or anyone for that matter?Is Phil greatest strength his ability adjust to the people he plays against? If not, what is?Have you guys ever had a fight about something and your friendship cooled for awhile?ThanksJoe

There is something about Phil Ivey's eyes. It just seems like with every glance he is picking up tons of info. Is his stare down as intimidating live as it is shown on tv? I think I've wet myself once or twice just watching.
He reads your mind and can see the reflection of your cards in your pupils. this is why everyone should be wearing tin foil hats and diapers
Yeah I'd say so. He certainly became the hardest worker in poker when he went broke.
this would be a great story to hear about?

If there was a tell you have on him what is it and why, As the new comers become more aggressive do you see that as more a challenge for Phil or more an incentive to just become a better player ?

What quality would you say is the single most reason why Ivey is so good at poker. Is it his total disregard for money? His ability to stop playing when tilting? Is it his work ethic/studying the game? Ability to adapt to opponents? His "aura" at the tables? Or something else?
I'd say it's his drive and his ability to focus intensely. He's just a great games player and has that killer instinct.
When did you first meet Phil and did you realize right away that he was gonna be one of the best if not the greatest poker player ever?
I met him in Atlantic City. Allen Cunningham met him first and told me and Juanda he was a good player. Then I was at a table with him once and I raised a pot and he stared at me with his mouth hanging open and I said something like, "Dude, what are you looking at man? You're scaring me." LOL.
What are some of the longest sessions you have ever heard/saw Ivey play and were they good ideas?
The funnest long session I played with Ivey was mostly 3 handed playing $4000-$8000 with me, him, and Gus. I was stuck over a million in the game and got out after about 34 hours... no one had ANY money with them, so we played with $1 chips!!! Ivey still remembers that session as one of his favorite times playing poker, we had lots of fun.