What Have You Done For Me Lately?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His point was, a wide range of players can get deep in the ME. You need to look at results from other 10k tournaments.
im guessing ph has a small sample size in 10k events the last 5 years, due to his massive life-roll/endorsements etc giving him not much need to play 10ks for profit, or play at 100%ability in the 10k's... and a large % of the 10k's he has played are likely non NLH wsop's in which he is just trying to score another bracelet in a small 200person field,i

I wish Doyle or Chan had the motivation to try and knock him off his bracelet leaderboard throne but their too busy with the cash moniessss.

who gives a shit about PH, or rather Daniel being mean to someone.
He can be mean to him all he wants... it is just a bit repetitive though. Maybe Daniel should start making fun of his mole, I haven't heard that yet.
His point was, a wide range of players can get deep in the ME. You need to look at results from other 10k tournaments.
are gus, scotty, allen, ivey, action dan and mike really in the wide range of pros? they are in the upper echelon.
are gus, scotty, allen, ivey, action dan and mike really in the wide range of pros? they are in the upper echelon.
I dont see how your point of good pros going deep in the ME has any effect of whether or not hellmuth is good or not. It's "easy" for good pros to go deeper bc the field is so soft which is why PH, a pretty leakly exploitable tourney player can go deep in it. Other good players going deep in the same soft tourney means nothing. Hellmuth has a decent sample in tougher smaller tourneys and has done really poorly against people who know what they are doing.Accord to WPT he has play 61 10k+ tourneys. This means he has put it in at least 610k. If you include that hes played a 15 and 25k each year for probably 4 years thats another 80k. The first few seasons they weren't 10ks so this 80 will more than make up for it and prob have like a 40k spillover SO he has cashed for 836k and put in probably 650k leaving him a profit of 186k. This seems decent but 280k of it came in season 2 before people were playing at a really high level. The last 4-5 years he has been losing.

The "hate" if you will came from the thread about me booking him this week on PAD. There was a lot of back and forth and I decided to post that. Wasn't out of the blue or anything. It is in context with that thread and I thought that last post would be interesting to you guys here as well. I do get annoyed when UB posts on their website that Annie Duke is the greatest female poker player in the world, and that PH is the best player to ever play the game, because it's pure lies and people who know poker know that, but UB, Phi, and Annie, are selling the lie to the public. I mean really, these guys are "supposed" to be trying to rebrand the site with an "honest" image, yet they still spew this garbage to the public. So ya, that does annoy me.

The "hate" if you will came from the thread about me booking him this week on PAD. There was a lot of back and forth and I decided to post that. Wasn't out of the blue or anything. It is in context with that thread and I thought that last post would be interesting to you guys here as well. I do get annoyed when UB posts on their website that Annie Duke is the greatest female poker player in the world, and that PH is the best player to ever play the game, because it's pure lies and people who know poker know that, but UB, Phi, and Annie, are selling the lie to the public. I mean really, these guys are "supposed" to be trying to rebrand the site with an "honest" image, yet they still spew this garbage to the public. So ya, that does annoy me.
I agree with everything you said here but what about all the bracelets he's won? You know that's going to be the basis of their argument. Until someone wins more, of course UB is going to claim he's 'the best to ever play the game'.
I do get annoyed when UB posts on their website that Annie Duke is the greatest female poker player in the world, and that PH is the best player to ever play the game, because it's pure lies and people who know poker know that, but UB, Phi, and Annie, are selling the lie to the public.
That's a good point.And it reminds me of this hot dog place I went to the other day; it had a big sign outside that said, "World's Best Hot Dogs." Well, you can't pass up an opportunity to taste the world's best, so I ordered three. I'll be honest with you, they were very good hot dogs, but world's best? I don't think so. I put in a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I expect that sign will be coming down soon.
That's a good point.And it reminds me of this hot dog place I went to the other day; it had a big sign outside that said, "World's Best Hot Dogs." Well, you can't pass up an opportunity to taste the world's best, so I ordered three. I'll be honest with you, they were very good hot dogs, but world's best? I don't think so. I put in a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I expect that sign will be coming down soon.
http://www.hotdougs.comTrust me.

Hellmuth off the table is the nicest person ever. He is a lot of fun really, I'm not a fan of him but gotta admit it. He is much more friendly than Negreanu or Ivey or any of those pro's. He can have a conversation for half an hour with any1 even though they haven't meet before. He will give u tons of live tips and stuff. Hellmuth always ALWAYS talks nice things about Daniel and respects him a lot, I've never heard him criticize him or pick on him by any chance. I don't understand why this hate by DN. Really don't know, cus PH is such a good person off the table. He can't control his emotions? it's true, he is extremely passionate? also true, but every1 who ever met him in some party or somethin will agree with me that he is a lot of fun and very very nice.When he says he is the greatest, I mean if we are based on the stats we gotta agree with it. He might not be the best player in the world nowadays, but considering all of his achievements so far leading in final tables, cashes, and bracelets it would make sense to call him the greatest in NLHE. Nobody in the history of poker won so many live NLHE tournaments as him. His game is outdated? that's another story, he is still successful in the main events and other NLHE tournaments as well. But at the same time it's like for me at least, I find it funny when he says it and when he blows up in the table cus it's like a part of him, I like it, he probably exagerates i little bit but this is his character, and reason why he is called the poker brat.

I've been meaning to go there. Have you tried any of their off the wall (different meats) hot dogs? Which ones?
The non hot dogs are the best part, but I haven't tried anything too crazy, but mostly because other stuff has sounded so good. I've only been like 3 times, so only had a few, but I tried a Gyro Sausage, a Uber Garlic Pork sausage (My fav so far), One with like Chicken and Cranberry I think. Everything has been good pretty good, I think the gyro was my least fav so far. It doesn't get fully cooked, I'm sure because it's actual lamb/beef, so I assume they cook it to a certain point on purpose. That was odd for me in a sausage.Also, on Fri/Sat, the duck fat fries are delicious.

I hate that Costco and Sam's club only sell 400 packs of hot dogs because I love to BBQ a hot dog but not every day, and then I end up throwing away like 270 of them, and in the summer the smell can be bad if I do it on Friday night because we have to wait till Tuesday for trash pick up.

Hellmuth off the table is the nicest person ever. He is a lot of fun really, I'm not a fan of him but gotta admit it. He is much more friendly than Negreanu or Ivey or any of those pro's. He can have a conversation for half an hour with any1 even though they haven't meet before. He will give u tons of live tips and stuff. Hellmuth always ALWAYS talks nice things about Daniel and respects him a lot, I've never heard him criticize him or pick on him by any chance. I don't understand why this hate by DN. Really don't know, cus PH is such a good person off the table. He can't control his emotions? it's true, he is extremely passionate? also true, but every1 who ever met him in some party or somethin will agree with me that he is a lot of fun and very very nice.When he says he is the greatest, I mean if we are based on the stats we gotta agree with it. He might not be the best player in the world nowadays, but considering all of his achievements so far leading in final tables, cashes, and bracelets it would make sense to call him the greatest in NLHE. Nobody in the history of poker won so many live NLHE tournaments as him. His game is outdated? that's another story, he is still successful in the main events and other NLHE tournaments as well. But at the same time it's like for me at least, I find it funny when he says it and when he blows up in the table cus it's like a part of him, I like it, he probably exagerates i little bit but this is his character, and reason why he is called the poker brat.
ughThis post doesn't make sense at all. How do you know PH is the nicest person ever?
Happy 15th birthday!