Fcp Player Of The Year For 2009

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I appreciate everyone putting my name out there.I think there are tons of people on FCP who are very deserving for this award and I am extremely happy and proud of of their hard work and improvement over the past year. Also, don't forget about all the cash game players who don't really post about their success and are also very deserving of this award. I think that gibler should be fcp poy 2009. He is just a complete sicko who never stops putting up results.

Weee, I got mentioned! :club:

Actually, I would also like to nominate HighwayStar. I think that for anyone that has seen him rise up through poker, they would agree that he has done so the right way. He puts in work at the table as well as away from it. He thinks about the game in a very clear manner; He's forthcoming with help to anyone who asks for it. Plus he just ****ing grinds. He has more than twice the VPPs I have on the year while playing lower stakes, going to school, and wasting a good chunk of his time on donkaments. I'm continually impressed by him. He's a great player and a great poster and I genuinely think that he would be deserving of the title.
This.As for tourney donks: many good names mentioned. I agree with the crowd - gibler is the one who stands out most. He would definitely be worthy of the title.
I would like to thank all of the FCP members for voting me in as Full Contact Poker Player Of The Year For 2008. :club::4h:ts:5c:3h I did my best in 2009 to represent the site and forum to the best of my abilities and I am proud to say I am a member of FCP! I feel I had a strong year in 2009 and matured as both a player and a person. Looking back at the thread really brought back great memories. http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...131628&st=0 A lot of strong cash game and tournament players post on FCP and many would be worthy recipients of the 2009 FCP POY Award. Voting in past years has been fairly informal and I think a formal vote would bring a lot of excitement and discussion to FCP at the end of each year along with highlighting the accomplishments and hard work of many members just as the Heisman Trophy does for college football as an example. The first stage could be a nomination of players and discussion as there has been in the other thread. Each member of FCP,(that has been a member for at least 1 year and has 50+ posts or 3+ months and has 100 posts), would get 5 nominations each for a different member. At the end of a predetermined date by FCP Bob and/or the moderators the top 5 vote-recieving nominations would move into the FCP POY FinalsThe Votes would be reset going into the Finals where the Top 5 POY candidates could be discussed more at length and the final votes be cast. I think the Heisman Trophy voting system of 3 points for your 1st place vote, 2 points for 2nd and 1 point for 3rd would work out well. At the end of a predetermined date by FCP Bob and/or the moderators the Full Contact Poker Player Of The Year would be declared!http://www.heisman.com/history/balloting.php The actual ballots include a space for electors to designate three individuals for the Heisman Trophy. The first choice on an elector's ballot receives three points in the overall voting tabulation, the second choice receives two points and the third choice receives one point. I have compiled the list of the 09' Featured Members to help refresh everybody's memories of the past year. January- Fluffdog87 February- Rdog March- Bizzle April- Silkyjonson May- Vtlaxer09 June- Gibler321 July- Wandigo August- Zimmer4141 September- No Not Baxter October- Moneyball16 November- Vbnautilus December Theresa113 Featured Members - 2009 http://fullcontactpoker.com/featured-member-2009.php
Cross posted from the other thread. It looks as though it may to late in the year to implement this I've been told but I think it would be a great option for next year. There is a similar yet easier system in the pipeline that may possibly be used this yr.

I felt I had a strong 2009 with 2 wins including my 2nd WSOP Circuit victory and one 2nd place at the LAPC. I got close to another wsop ft before Ivey cracked my AA to bust me in 16th. I was a few cards away from making a few other deep runs in other events at the wsop but they were not meant to be. I played in 3 WPT Main Events this past year with my deepest finish busting in the middle of Day 3 in 85th place outside of the money. It as a fun year getting to meet a lot of people especially during the wsop and I hope to have an even better 2010!I'd like to nominate in no particular orderMoneyball16Gibler321No Not BaxterZimmer4141Vtlaxer09Mr SparcoTehtoe18-Oct-2009 usa.gif$ 1,100 No Limit Hold'emWSOP Circuit – Horseshoe Chicago, Hammond 1st $ 51,727 07-Jul-2009 usa.gif$ 1,000 No Limit Hold'em2009 Mega Stack Series, Las Vegas 60th $ 2,120 21-Jun-2009 usa.gifWSOP.gif $ 5,000 No Limit Hold'em – Shootout40th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2009, Las Vegas 16th $ 16,739 18-Jun-2009 usa.gif$ 1,000 No Limit Hold'em2009 Bellagio Summer Dailies, Las Vegas 1st $ 19,125 15-Feb-2009 usa.gif$ 1,500 No Limit Hold'em2009 L.A. Poker Classic, Los Angeles 2nd $ 48,517 http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=93835

I'd like to nominate myself for FCP player of December 23
You'd get my vote as top avatar that is not a women :club:
Oh. I thought that was the criteria for this competition! If we hit the bullseye then their house of cards will fall like dominoes...checkmate!
That's such a wonderful metaphoric mish-mash, it makes me larf.
I felt I had a strong 2009 with 2 wins including my 2nd WSOP Circuit victory and one 2nd place at the LAPC. I got close to another wsop ft before Ivey cracked my AA to bust me in 16th. I was a few cards away from making a few other deep runs in other events at the wsop but they were not meant to be. I played in 3 WPT Main Events this past year with my deepest finish busting in the middle of Day 3 in 85th place outside of the money. It as a fun year getting to meet a lot of people especially during the wsop and I hope to have an even better 2010!
sucks
I felt I had a strong 2009 with 2 wins including my 2nd WSOP Circuit victory and one 2nd place at the LAPC. I got close to another wsop ft before Ivey cracked my AA to bust me in 16th. I was a few cards away from making a few other deep runs in other events at the wsop but they were not meant to be. I played in 3 WPT Main Events this past year with my deepest finish busting in the middle of Day 3 in 85th place outside of the money. It as a fun year getting to meet a lot of people especially during the wsop and I hope to have an even better 2010!I'd like to nominate in no particular orderMoneyball16Gibler321No Not BaxterZimmer4141Vtlaxer09Mr SparcoTehtoe18-Oct-2009 usa.gif$ 1,100 No Limit Hold'emWSOP Circuit – Horseshoe Chicago, Hammond 1st $ 51,727 07-Jul-2009 usa.gif$ 1,000 No Limit Hold'em2009 Mega Stack Series, Las Vegas 60th $ 2,120 21-Jun-2009 usa.gifWSOP.gif $ 5,000 No Limit Hold'em – Shootout40th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2009, Las Vegas 16th $ 16,739 18-Jun-2009 usa.gif$ 1,000 No Limit Hold'em2009 Bellagio Summer Dailies, Las Vegas 1st $ 19,125 15-Feb-2009 usa.gif$ 1,500 No Limit Hold'em2009 L.A. Poker Classic, Los Angeles 2nd $ 48,517 http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=93835
awesome list of accomplishments Fluff and to no great surprise :club: your a great player. All the best in 2010. Can't wait to see how you grow from there, more Ft's for sure.
Why not give it t0 fluffy for the 2nd year in a row.
would it be nice, but Fluff's list is good but I still think Gibler wins it hands down :ts
awesome list of accomplishments Fluff and to no great surprise :club: your a great player. All the best in 2010. Can't wait to see how you grow from there, more Ft's for sure. would it be nice, but Fluff's list is good but I still think Gibler wins it hands down :ts
what about me?!?!?

Was told to check out this thread by someone. I'm flattered you guys would throw my name out there, but I'm def not deserving considering I barely post on FCP anymore. Plus, one donkament win plus a few close calls, and pedestrian cash results don't make a good player of the year.I'm just not around during school much at all because of workload, so it's tough for me to find time to post here, especially because I don't play much at all when I'm in school.There are tons of deserving candidates, both in the cash and tournament spectrum, I wish everybody the best for a great 2010.