Deep Impact (was A Dumb Movie) (sh) (1/2)

feral_cow_icon.gifv1.10A pack of feral cows chewed their cuds for .0043 seconds to convert this handHEM/Bodog NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 5 players Hero: $556.00 Button: $484.00 SB: $256.00 BB: $200.00 MP: $200.00 Preflop: ($3.00) Hero is CO with :ts: :4h: (5 players)MP folds, Hero raises to $7.00, Button calls $7.00, SB folds, BB calls $5.00Flop: ($22.00) :3h: :club:: :qh: (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $14.00, Button raises to $28.00, BB folds, Hero raises to $78.00, Button raises to $128.00, Hero calls $50.00Turn: ($278.00) :5c: (2 players)Hero ?

i hate seeing a min raise o that flop, that being said, we look really look like a high flush draw by 4 betting, we got 5 bet! Holy crap. now the stacks here are very deep so, you still have 421 on turn, but if things keep going this way, we bet, get shoved on. if we check he bets, can we call knowing we are in on every river now? I would have called his 3 bet, you are sssooo deep that i think you are asking for trouble by 4 betting this flop, the only real kind of hand we are getting this action from maybe ,.. is A10. IMO it doesn't 3 bet and 5 bet small on this flop. I thiunk he may have called pre with a very good hand, and i think we are destroyed here. Look like a set taht filled, or better fkush draw, or A 4 or a5 hearts for a monster draw. but he may know what it looks like.I think your only option besides folding this turn is to stick with your play and bet like 200 then fold to a shove or maybe maybe check shove turn if villain has been doing this kind of crap a lot. We are just are too deep to donk shove turn.Reads would help a lot, there is a few things that could be going on at this level.

I find it basically impossible to think villain has higher hearts here when he raises/4bets flop, so the question becomes if he has filled up, or just went nuts with an overpair or AT. I don't know why I think this - maybe gut instinct - but I would almost expect a set to flat your 3bet in position and then raise you after you bet the turn. The 4bet seems to say hand protection - but then again the 4bet is so small that he knows you're never folding, so I'm not sure what that accomplishes. The 4bet is actually a really weird play by him - too small to protect, and reps too strong if he does actually have a monster.I'm lost here, to be honest.

I find it basically impossible to think villain has higher hearts here when he raises/4bets flop, so the question becomes if he has filled up, or just went nuts with an overpair or AT. I don't know why I think this - maybe gut instinct - but I would almost expect a set to flat your 3bet in position and then raise you after you bet the turn. The 4bet seems to say hand protection - but then again the 4bet is so small that he knows you're never folding, so I'm not sure what that accomplishes. The 4bet is actually a really weird play by him - too small to protect, and reps too strong if he does actually have a monster.I'm lost here, to be honest.
either air very well played or a monster which is why reads can make or break this

Time-down a bit and shovel. 2nd best option is to c/f. We make more against worse hands by getting it on the turn vs asking JhJx - AhAx to call the river when they don't make a flush or boat.

I hate the 3bet flop, and then flatting 4bet. You rep really, really, really small here. You never have a set, you almost never have the nut flush draw, sometimes you have stubborn overpair that has no idea what to do, but if I were villain I'd figure barreling would fold that too. If you're gonna semi-bluff with the 3bet, to continue repping your strong range you need to 5bet ship here, so that you can have sets in your range, and also hands like AhAx/KhKx/QhQx it's better to ship that to call imo although folding QQ and KK even with a heart and maybe AA sometimes is still a fine option on the flop.If you're gonna play a huge pot OOP deepstacked, you want to have the top of your range in play, and you don't. Another thing you'd like is live outs, which is questionable. I think the flop is big time butchered.Edit: Just so it's not confused, I think 5bet shipping on the flop is much worse than just calling the minraise, but a level better than 3betting and then calling a 4bet. Your title is somewhat misleading because you half-assed the "aggressive semi-bluff" by giving up with the call, semi-bluffing entails having the lead here, which you don't. Like you made the same decision you could have made in the first place by calling his 2bet instead of his 4bet, so now there's just a ton more money in there and you have a draw that may not be good in a bloated pot, against his strongest range.

If I felt he actually had a decent hand here when he raised, I definitely would've just called the raise. I had intentions of folding to a decent size 4-bet. I think if my draw was "bigger", I might've just called or shipped with a 5-bet.A hand like this was probably playing in my sub-conscious (villain is UTG)...feral_cow_icon.gifv1.10beware the feral cow packs. they hunger.HEM/Bodog NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 5 playersBB: $474.46 (Hero)UTG: $237.50 CO: $200.25 Button: $130.00 SB: $221.50 Preflop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with :qh: :club:: (5 players)UTG calls $2.00, CO raises to $9.00, 2 folds, Hero folds, UTG calls $7.00Flop: ($21.00) :4h: :D: :5c: (2 players)UTG checks, CO bets $16.00, UTG raises to $32.00, CO calls $16.00Turn: ($85.00) :qh: (2 players)UTG bets $44.00, CO calls $44.00River: ($173.00) :club:: (2 players)UTG bets $44.00, CO calls $44.00UTG showed :D: :club::, CO showed :D: :club::, CO won $259.00Two other hands...Villain is Button...feral_cow_icon.gifv1.10Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Bodog NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersCO: $402.00 (Hero)Button: $279.00 SB: $202.00 BB: $142.50 UTG: $200.00 UTG+1: $150.00 Preflop: ($3.00) Hero is CO with :3h: :(: (6 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 checks, Hero folds, Button raises to $6.00, SB raises to $19.00, 2 folds, Button calls $13.00Flop: ($40.00) :jh: :jh: :D: (2 players)SB bets $33.00, Button calls $33.00Turn: ($106.00) :club:: (2 players)SB checks, Button bets $50.00, SB raises to $150.00, Button calls $100.00River: ($406.00) :(: (2 players)SB showed :D: :5c:, Button showed :club:: :club::, Button won $405.00Villain is BB...feral_cow_icon.gifv1.10Moooooooooooraaawwwr.HEM/Bodog NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $217.51 SB: $442.46 (Hero)BB: $211.00 UTG: $446.25 UTG+1: $175.50 CO: $197.00 Preflop: ($3.00) Hero is SB with :7s: :qc: (6 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $4.00, 2 folds, Hero folds, BB calls $2.00Flop: ($9.00) :D: :club:: :ts: (2 players)BB checks, UTG+1 bets $9.00, BB raises to $18.00, UTG+1 calls $9.00Turn: ($45.00) :ts: (2 players)BB checks, UTG+1 bets $20.00, BB raises to $60.00, UTG+1 calls $40.00River: ($165.00) :D: (2 players)BB bets $129.00, UTG+1 calls $93.50BB showed :D: :3d:, UTG+1 showed :3h: :4h:, BB won $349.00

I'd bet/fold really small on the turn like $80, then I'd bet river like $128 or something.Those hands are kinda meh, like he only really misplayed the 67 hand pretty bad, he's definitely playing goofy and probably getting lucky but those aren't like glarimg ridiculous things. Against this type I'd try to just vbet him hard when I had hands and try to make hands to vbet, so I don't like bloating it on the flop because I doubt he folds like middle pair, and I'll kill babies if I miss and he calls me down. I would call his minraise and call him down if I hit a 6 or a 7 and obv bet bigger if I hit flush.

Assuming we've gotten to the turn, do y'all like donking, c/fing, c/cing or c/shipping?
c/f>c/ship>>>>>>>>c/c
Assuming we've gotten to the turn, do y'all like donking, c/fing, c/cing or c/shipping?
Donkshove, c/f, c/s, c/cThe only thing the hands posted show me is that 1. he has something and 2. he could have "air" that consists of better hearts than you.I'm advocating shoving first because I don't think villain folds much of his range, and while a boat crushes us, we're WA of everything else, except now maybe he has KhQh, Ah4hish more often that I thought before you posted the other hands.
For whatever reason, I checked. He bet $75. Now what?
i fold, he is probing so small that he seems to desperately want a call. If he keeps his small raises coming from flop to turn i rule air out at that point. At this level you are going to face plenty of very smart players, i find it hard to believe they would micro bet a weaker flush here, we beat absolutely nothing imo

this hand has me so confused...but i think im leaning toward villain having an overpair. I just cant see him having a set and not wanting to protect it on the flop, and the turn bet makes this hand even more confusing. But then again maybe he was trying to get you to come over him again. What was he running at on HEM/pt3 up to that point, and do you have an idea what level he may have been thinking on?

i fold, he is probing so small that he seems to desperately want a call. If he keeps his small raises coming from flop to turn i rule air out at that point. At this level you are going to face plenty of very smart players, i find it hard to believe they would micro bet a weaker flush here, we beat absolutely nothing imo
LOL at this statement....there arent that many better players at 1/2 than there is at .01/.02, AND if he is a smart player this is the exact bet a good player would make against another good player to get them to fold.
Donkshove, c/f, c/s, c/cThe only thing the hands posted show me is that 1. he has something and 2. he could have "air" that consists of better hearts than you.I'm advocating shoving first because I don't think villain folds much of his range, and while a boat crushes us, we're WA of everything else, except now maybe he has KhQh, Ah4hish more often that I thought before you posted the other hands.
This. We're crushed occasionally. We're ahead a lot.
For whatever reason, I checked. He bet $75. Now what?
I'm prob just calling because it's a good value for us and we get away somewhat light if we're beat. It's debatable if knowing if the information this hand provides is worth it.
LOL at this statement....there arent that many better players at 1/2 than there is at .01/.02, AND if he is a smart player this is the exact bet a good player would make against another good player to get them to fold.
Uh, there's a shitload of better players at 1-2 than 1c-2c. there's vvvv good players playing 1-2nl. But his statement is pretty bad too. There's a lot of shitty players at 1-2nl, so saying that it's $200nl he must be good is way off, but so is what you're saying.
Uh, there's a shitload of better players at 1-2 than 1c-2c. there's vvvv good players playing 1-2nl. But his statement is pretty bad too. There's a lot of shitty players at 1-2nl, so saying that it's $200nl he must be good is way off, but so is what you're saying.
Yeah, i overexaggerated a bit...rumseys posts just irritate me sometimes
Edit: Just so it's not confused, I think 5bet shipping on the flop is much worse than just calling the minraise, but a level better than 3betting and then calling a 4bet. Your title is somewhat misleading because you half-assed the "aggressive semi-bluff" by giving up with the call, semi-bluffing entails having the lead here, which you don't. Like you made the same decision you could have made in the first place by calling his 2bet instead of his 4bet, so now there's just a ton more money in there and you have a draw that may not be good in a bloated pot, against his strongest range.
This was my first reaction.I started to think his range of hands we beat is very very minimal.... Until you posted those other hands,Now i lean towards villain playing TP like a retard. (however, because I get weak in the knees in spots like this, I'd probably check/call turn and river and get to showdown.)

Fwiw, villain's stats over ~450 hands...37.2/16.9/3.19 with a 3bet% of 4.5.

Now i lean towards villain playing TP like a retard. (however, because I get weak in the knees in spots like this, I'd probably check/call turn and river and get to showdown.)
Okay...so figuring that he might be taking a stab with an overpair or overplayed hand, I call.River :club: ($426)Cobalt checks, Villain goes all-in somewhat quickly for $274, Cobalt ?
Fwiw, villain's stats over ~450 hands...37.2/16.9/3.19 with a 3bet% of 4.5.Okay...so figuring that he might be taking a stab with an overpair or overplayed hand, I call.River :club: ($426)Cobalt checks, Villain goes all-in somewhat quickly for $274, Cobalt ?
That's an LOL river at first glance but I think if we think about it, we're still calling.
That's an LOL river at first glance but I think if we think about it, we're still calling.
Yeah. We fold if a 10 rivers, right? I don't have a lot of overplayed 10's in his range but some others here seem to think so.