A Little New To Plo

Playing a 2$/4$ 8-game cash table last night , switched to PLO and I picked up A 10 5 5 , so I opened up to $3 from MP if that really matters , SB calls and BB folds. Flop comes 5 6 8 rainbow , I bet out at it , got raised , and reraised back , just a call. At this point I figured if he did have something like 9-7 or 7-4 , he would've pushed back and I would've been forced to fold. Turn card is a J , adding to the rainbow at that point , and he bets enough to put me all in , I snap call. Without even going to the river , did I play this hand stupidly ? Like I said I'm a little new to Omaha so I'm still tryna figure it out

Playing a 2$/4$ 8-game cash table last night , switched to PLO and I picked up A 10 5 5 , so I opened up to $3 from MP if that really matters , SB calls and BB folds. Flop comes 5 6 8 rainbow , I bet out at it , got raised , and reraised back , just a call. At this point I figured if he did have something like 9-7 or 7-4 , he would've pushed back and I would've been forced to fold. Turn card is a J , adding to the rainbow at that point , and he bets enough to put me all in , I snap call. Without even going to the river , did I play this hand stupidly ? Like I said I'm a little new to Omaha so I'm still tryna figure it out
How are you opening to 3 in a 2/4 game? More importantly what are stack sizes?Without a strong read I play bottom sets very carefully on a coordinated board. That said I limp at best with this starting hand, and the ace better be suited up.I will often times check this flop, as your hand has solid showdown value, but you are WA/WB. And when WB, betting out is just the first step in psychologically pricing yourself in for a huge hand.This hand would be a great example for the chapter in my upcoming book titled "showdown value in bottom set coordinated boards".However, to take it all a step further, if a villain was ever pushing back at you light, this could be a spot. 55/66/88/79/74 do not fit into your standard preflop range if you raised in MP. Then again that's why position is so important in PLO, because ATC have a minority chance in showing up in any hand....like the XX in AAXX double suited, etc. etc.

Take what I say usually with a grain of salt because I am myself a PLO newb, but from your post I can tell that you need to learn the fundamentals. for instance you don't even tell us what suits your hand has - As Ts 5c 5d is more playable than As 5s Tc 4h because when it flops a set it's more likely to also flop the nut flush draw. You also don't tell us important information like stack sizes and number of players. If this is shorthanded, like 4 players, you'll be more likely to play for stacks on the flop than if it were full ring.As played you can fold on the flop: bottom set on a 3 straight coordinated board is garbage. The hand has no bettability at all. Even if you do fill up then you can't ever be all that confident betting and raising because the one hand you were ahead of on the flop, top two, may have just improved as well.

wrong, imo if he has those hands on a rainbow board he knows if you have anything he can stack you on turn blind, so he may just be giving you more rope to hang yourself. Think about it, you showed a ton of strength with an ok, middle of the road PLO hand on a coordinated board, he has something. what pays us off??? then think about your play, the answer is right in front of you. Way to much pushing. flat flop and re-eval on turn, flat turn if he pots then see a river. Folding flop is too tight imo, but unless we improve or he slows down, dont expect to win but maybe 20-30% of the time.
Fold preflop. Fold to the raise on the flop. Your logic on the flop is really bad. Even if your read is correct that he doesn't have a straight, then the only other hands that he could have to call your re-raise are 66 and 88, both of which have you drawing to one out.

He said 2/4 mixed table - for NLHE and PLO the blinds are .5/1.I think the questions have already been well answered. He's waiting for a nice turn card to put you in. He could have one of those straights, and he's waiting for the board not to pair. The least he has is a larger set.This is a hand I will play in nearly any spot if the Ace and Ten are suited, and the 5s are offsuit. But this is a pretty ugly flop if you don't have a flush draw to fall back on.

He said 2/4 mixed table - for NLHE and PLO the blinds are .5/1.I think the questions have already been well answered. He's waiting for a nice turn card to put you in. He could have one of those straights, and he's waiting for the board not to pair. The least he has is a larger set.This is a hand I will play in nearly any spot if the Ace and Ten are suited, and the 5s are offsuit. But this is a pretty ugly flop if you don't have a flush draw to fall back on.
Ah, gotcha!Yeah, like i say if the ace is suited, esp if it's AT suited I play the hand. Still tread postflop with much caution tho trying to get to showdown IMO.

Thanks for the replies , yeah the A 10 were suited I just don't remember which suits they were , I guess I should've tried to keep a smaller pot. Like I said I'm a little new thanks for all the suggestions. Needless to say the river was a 6 and I got beat , could've been much worse , almost would rather be up against 66 then lose to a river card. Thanks again , try again next time lol

And I forgot to say he had 6s and 8s , and had no other draws , so 4 outer to the river.
It doesn't matter what he had. It's still a bad play to get all in with bottom set on this board. I mean, his play was terrible obviously, but most of the time you will get shown a straight or a higher set when you get raised on this flop.