Ask Me About... Tom "durrr" Dwan

Featured Player  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want to Cover Next Week?

• Phil Ivey
    • Phil Hellmuth
    • Patrik Antonius
    • Jennifer Harman
    • Doyle Brunson
    • Mike Matusow

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel, do you think Durrr is better than you at high stakes NLHE cash games? You seem to think very highly of his skills in that particular game...

Daniel, do you think Durrr is better than you at high stakes NLHE cash games? You seem to think very highly of his skills in that particular game...
LOL dude he said it 200 times!! and btw Daniel is not a high stakes NLHE player as Durrr PA and Ivey

Ok it is still durrrr week so here goes : I have been grinding online on full tilt since Jan. and I have enjoyed watching the high stakes games - from what I have seen durrrr has big leaks in his PLO game and of course in the mixed games he is horrible in all the 7 card stud variations - but he could probably overcome these flaws with his exceptional creativity and instincts in NLHE - what hurts him the worst is his tilting - he tilts worse than anyone I have watched or played with - even Gus online - Does he tilt in live cash games like PLO and NLHE or is it just an online thing? I think with Gus it is much worse online. I guess watching some of his interactions with Eli it seems people know he is better than them at NLHE but they welcome playing with him so I just wonder how much has he lost in Bobby's Room when on tilt???(I think people have forgotten he was stuck 5 million online earlier this year as well and had finally grinded bk to almost even before Isildur came along - I can only imagine the swings in Bobby's Room- give us some insights please DN??)

I had to re-watch this since your reply surprised me. Does Hellmuth fire flop+turn with air often enough (four handed on the flop, no less) that Dwan would think sixes could be good there? I thought he planned to check/raise-bluff the river.Edit: Missed that Dwan was on the button, Hellmuth OOP though he's left of Dwan. What SuperJon said below, then.Another question on the Dwan-Hellmuth heads-up challenge. It's been mentioned several times later and Dwan just says "maybe" without giving out any more. Do you know if they've agreed not to play? Or even discussed the matter?And a comment on the Negreanu-Dwan heads-up challenge :club: Don't do anything absurd like 100k hands 2-tabling. It would take you 700 hours of play and likely a decade or more total.
In Hellmuth's mind he has nothing to gain from a HU match with Durrr. Hellmuth sees himself as the most important poker player in the world, and Durrr as just a young internet punk who could come and go. If Hellmuth wins he's see it as "expected" which is delusional obviously, but if Durrr wins he'd be embarrassed. It's also a lot of money, and PH doesn't really gamble high or have the bankroll to play with Durrr.
Yes, he has a lot more experience and is definitely better than me at NLH cash games.
Ok it is still durrrr week so here goes : I have been grinding online on full tilt since Jan. and I have enjoyed watching the high stakes games - from what I have seen durrrr has big leaks in his PLO game and of course in the mixed games he is horrible in all the 7 card stud variations - but he could probably overcome these flaws with his exceptional creativity and instincts in NLHE - what hurts him the worst is his tilting - he tilts worse than anyone I have watched or played with - even Gus online - Does he tilt in live cash games like PLO and NLHE or is it just an online thing? I think with Gus it is much worse online. I guess watching some of his interactions with Eli it seems people know he is better than them at NLHE but they welcome playing with him so I just wonder how much has he lost in Bobby's Room when on tilt???(I think people have forgotten he was stuck 5 million online earlier this year as well and had finally grinded bk to almost even before Isildur came along - I can only imagine the swings in Bobby's Room- give us some insights please DN??)
I think everyone is prone to tilt and Durrr is no exception when losing. NLHE is the game he has the most experience in and I'd think it's his best game. In limited time playing with him and listening to his logic in the limit games I think he has a long way to go.