Ask Me About... Tom "durrr" Dwan

Featured Player  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want to Cover Next Week?

• Phil Ivey
    • Phil Hellmuth
    • Patrik Antonius
    • Jennifer Harman
    • Doyle Brunson
    • Mike Matusow

is terminator salvation a good movie?gf forcing me to watch it atmhi
Man that could be a whole lot worse. What's the matter with you....you wanted to watch 27 Dresses but got overruled?
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fwiw she fell asleep at 1:20:00ish mark and i'm sitting here watching total shitwe decided to put original terminator on our blockbuster list tho yayygood thing im drunk and trolling fcp lol

fwiw she fell asleep at 1:20:00ish mark and i'm sitting here watching total shitwe decided to put original terminator on our blockbuster list tho yayygood thing im drunk and trolling fcp lol
GOOD THING!

After his pocket tens beat Phils pocket aces at the Heads up Championship he took out some chips and threw them on the table and said lets go heads up. How much were these chips worth? and if he did this to you would you find it insulting, throwing chips on the table like that? What would be your reaction?

someone who blow up 7 million playing poker in a couple of sessions (almost his entire bankroll or at least 80%) who is negative in online winnings from 2007 and who barely makes a final table in a live tournament, could he still be considered one of the best poker players?

someone who blow up 7 million playing poker in a couple of sessions (almost his entire bankroll or at least 80%) who is negative in online winnings from 2007 and who barely makes a final table in a live tournament, could he still be considered one of the best poker players?
sick first post brah
How is dwan handling his demotion out of nosebleeds at the hand of isildur?And why would ftp pay him 2mill a year?Does he really attract players to the site?
I don't know what he gets paid, and I don't know how to gauge his value to a site, but I would say my main concern would be that anyone who knows who Durrr is likely already plays online, so he wouldn't bring in totally new players just yet. As for his demotion, I saw him in Bobby's room just two nights ago so I'd hardly call it a demotion.
Do you it think it was premature for him to be nominated for the Poker Hall of Fame?
Yes, I wrote about that in an old blog. I think it's impossible to gauge if he's stood the test of time just yet, and that's an important necessity for induction.
Do you think helmuth hates Durrr?
I don't think he hates him, but generally speaking I don't think PH has the respect he should for the young online players. Most of them are much better than PH, but he'd never admit that. On his website it says "Phil Hellmuth is the greatest to ever play the game," which is a slap in the face to Chip Reese and Phil Ivey.
After his pocket tens beat Phils pocket aces at the Heads up Championship he took out some chips and threw them on the table and said lets go heads up. How much were these chips worth? and if he did this to you would you find it insulting, throwing chips on the table like that? What would be your reaction?
I was proud of Durrr for doing that. If PH wants to mouth like that he should back it up. Durrr said straight up, "Let's go punk" and that kind of shuts up PH.
Now that Durrr is with Team Fulltilt and going to be playing more tournaments, how successful do you think he'll be on the circuit?
I think he will play more tournaments and will be making big side bets at the WSOP this year on winning a bracelet. I have a bet with him already, laying him $400k to his $200k me vs him. If we both win one it's a wash. I think he will be successful, he's a very smart guy.
YES. 7 million is a lot of money, but not a crazy amount at those stakes. And besides, where do you think he got the money? All from poker.
YES. 7 million is a lot of money, but not a crazy amount at those stakes. And besides, where do you think he got the money? All from poker.
...it was almost his entire bankroll and it was all of his online winnings and u say it's not a crazy amount???
Yeah, I was really surprised he'd call the turn with 66, because if he was beat he only had two outs. If he had 5-6 I could see calling with 5 outs.
I had to re-watch this since your reply surprised me. Does Hellmuth fire flop+turn with air often enough (four handed on the flop, no less) that Dwan would think sixes could be good there? I thought he planned to check/raise-bluff the river.Edit: Missed that Dwan was on the button, Hellmuth OOP though he's left of Dwan. What SuperJon said below, then.Another question on the Dwan-Hellmuth heads-up challenge. It's been mentioned several times later and Dwan just says "maybe" without giving out any more. Do you know if they've agreed not to play? Or even discussed the matter?And a comment on the Negreanu-Dwan heads-up challenge :club: Don't do anything absurd like 100k hands 2-tabling. It would take you 700 hours of play and likely a decade or more total.
I had to re-watch this since your reply surprised me. Does Hellmuth fire flop+turn with air often enough (four handed on the flop, no less) that Dwan would think sixes could be good there? I thought he planned to check/raise-bluff the river.
I know Daniel already commented on the hand, but it's been my opinion that Tom was going to raise most rivers that Hellmuth bet, and bet most rivers that Hellmuth checked.
I know Daniel already commented on the hand, but it's been my opinion that Tom was going to raise most rivers that Hellmuth bet, and bet most rivers that Hellmuth checked.
Also if Hellmuth can have 77 there how cant he have A5? I forget positions/action but if dwan felt like PH couldnt beat the jack 66 becomes a stronger hand.