Ask Me About... Tom "durrr" Dwan

Featured Player  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want to Cover Next Week?

• Phil Ivey
    • Phil Hellmuth
    • Patrik Antonius
    • Jennifer Harman
    • Doyle Brunson
    • Mike Matusow

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is more fun to talk to, durrr or balloon guy?
This is the general extent of DN and my conversations at the WSOP 3 years in a row:DN: BG how you doing?Fist pumpBG: (blow out huge cloud of smoke ) Good, thanks man.DN: So you playing muchBG: ( blow out huge cloud of smoke ) Nah, not really.Awkward pauseDN: So you going to play any of the WSOPBG: ( blow out huge cloud of smoke ) Uh, maybeSecond awkward pauseDN: Well...see you aroundBG: ( blow out huge cloud of smoke ) Thanks man, good luck.DN leaves ( Thinking what a dork BG is )BG continues to smoke cigar thinking what a dork he is.

Daniel:Do you think that Durrr and these other super young guys who got to play SO much younger than most and had such a big rise into the upper levels missed out on those years of grinding live that most everyone else had, like you grinding $10/$20 for a couple years and Ivey grinding stud etc?Do you think that their massive bankrolls they gained before they learned to pay rent will hurt their ability to control their life skills when they run bad for 6 months or longer?

Tom Dwan offers you the following challenge:100K hands of 500/1000 online headsup NLHE, no more than 2 tables at a time (unless you're willing). In exchange, he will pay you an amount equal to 50% of your 2010 WSOP tournament cashes. (For example, if you cash for 1.5MM, he writes you a check for 750K). Do you accept? If not, how much would he have to offer? 100%? 150%?

Between yours and Tom's no-limit holdem poker game whose is misunderstood more from public's perspective and how so?

I thought he was pretty bad at most all of the limit games.
Great idea - hope this thread is a regular feature..... Since Durrrr issued his challenge I have been following the 2k 4k mixed games and the nosebleed PLO games --- When durrr comes to Bobby's Roomto play the 7 or 8 game mix is the general feeling "yum-yum" (to use one of your favorite quotes about PH)
How much do you think Dwan is making from the Full Tilt contract ?
I have a little stressing going on as I have a personal deal to sign and I have two really good offers on the table and possibly a third one will come along. There is only one deal I want to sign and that is with the best company in the world that loves poker. I know that Tom Dwan signed the biggest endorsement deal in the history of the game. It’s said that he had a very late offer from the biggest poker operator in the world and that offer as I understand, was close to 2 million per year. So the price of the big players is rising.
http://www.tonygpoker.com/blog/busy-in-london.html#more-564
How surprised were you Durr had 66 in that hand on PAD? Were you upset he didn't show it to tilt Hellmuth?
Yeah, I was really surprised he'd call the turn with 66, because if he was beat he only had two outs. If he had 5-6 I could see calling with 5 outs.
The time he takes is so irritating imo. He just opens his mouth a bit...long pause...does an ever so subtle shoulder heave move, almost as if he's about to hack up a fur ball....then the pause....and again....the heave.....grabs some chips....holds them up and sort of looks at them, separates them a bit....and bets... repeat.maybe this irritating act is intentional?You've said he's good, but what does that mean really? like you mentioned the bet sizing and post flop stuff. anything else? His results obviously speak for themselves but sometimes his play seems a bit donkish to a hack like myself. I will say he also seems to run pretty well.
We runs well he looks really good and he has on every tv episode I've played with him. He's just good at figuring out hand ranges and what people should have in certain spots and makes profitable plays against the range he puts people on. I thought the Ks 10s hand he played against PA in an early episode was a good example of understanding the situation and the match. As for his pre-bet routine, I'm certain it's a conscious decision to avoid giving off tells.
Given the difference in experience, do you think he could some day match or pass Ivey skill wise?
Anything is possible, but Durrr lacks experience playing all the games and didn't really grow up on Stud. When I think of poker I think of being a complete player, not just a NL hold'em player. I don't think Durrr will ever be better than Ivey in mixed games. I don't think Durrr will ever be better than me in mixed games either.
How long do you think it would take you if you completely committed to get to where you are even money vs Durr hu live? Online? Do you think you could gain an edge?
I don't know if I ever could. If I had one full year to focus on poker and nothing else, then I would try him out though.