Wpt Doyle Brunson Five Diamond World Poker Classic

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hand #104: Scotty Nguyen Eliminated in 5th Place ($333,302)Level 27: 80,000-160,000, 15,000 anteJosh Arieh raises under the gun to 350,000, and Scotty Nguyen moves all in from the cutoff for 1,365,000. Faraz Jaka moves all in over the top for 5,180,000, and Arieh folds. Jaka shows KK, which dominates Nguyen's 99. Nguyen needs to improve to stay alive. The board comes AJ828, and Faraz Jaka wins the pot with his pocket kings. His friends in the stands start chanting "Toilet! Toilet! Toilet!" (referencing his online name, "The-Toilet"), and then switch to "Shaka, shaka, shaka, boom! Shaka, shaka, shaka, boom!"Scotty Nguyen is eliminated in fifth place, earning $333,302.

A good lesson for all the sunglass, hoodie, earbud wearing DBags.
It sounds like Scotty Nguyen is the bigger Dbag.I'd like to hear DN's thoughts on him. I know DN has joked with him by dressing up as Scotty. I hope that the whole poker community thinks he is a douche, because the things I hear about him are just despicable. DESPICABLEawesome word.I hope I spelled it right.
It sounds like Scotty Nguyen is the bigger Dbag.I'd like to hear DN's thoughts on him. I know DN has joked with him by dressing up as Scotty. I hope that the whole poker community thinks he is a douche, because the things I hear about him are just despicable. DESPICABLEawesome word.I hope I spelled it right.
Scotty might be a Dbag, but that has little to do with how this hand was played. In other words this guy got what was coming to him because he was not paying attention.
Scotty might be a Dbag, but that has little to do with how this hand was played. In other words this guy got what was coming to him because he was not paying attention.
It sounded like Scotty rubbed it in his face that he made a mistake. Heard this on the pokerroad broadcast.

pokerroad broadcast is not exactly the best source for unbiased information - as entertaining as those dudes areimo scotty just laughed his ass off at batista which can obviously be super antagonising to someone who just slept through action and effed upbatista probably overreacted. scotty will laugh in your face. he doesn't give a squirt. get over it. pay attention when you're deep in a 25k event dumb ass.

pokerroad broadcast is not exactly the best source for unbiased information - as entertaining as those dudes areimo scotty just laughed his ass off at batista which can obviously be super antagonising to someone who just slept through action and effed upbatista probably overreacted. scotty will laugh in your face. he doesn't give a squirt. get over it. pay attention when you're deep in a 25k event dumb ass.
lol wow...i mean.. yes chad batista should have obviously been paying attention but that has nothing to do with how Scotty acted. Not that I was surprised at all but its just amazing how classless all of the live poker regulars are in this day and age. Just absolutely astounds me how awful so so so so so many players act at the table.
lol wow...i mean.. yes chad batista should have obviously been paying attention but that has nothing to do with how Scotty acted. Not that I was surprised at all but its just amazing how classless all of the live poker regulars are in this day and age. Just absolutely astounds me how awful so so so so so many players act at the table.
I'm not defending his actions, but are you really surprised when all of these guys were playing cards before the entire political correctness thing took over? Also in the pre final table interview Scotty states that he didn't realize Chad Batista didn't know that JJ had moved all in, and that he was just laughing because he always laughs. Whether it is true or not I doubt it, but it is what it is.
I'm not defending his actions, but are you really surprised when all of these guys were playing cards before the entire political correctness thing took over?
The political correctness pendulum has swung too far to the "OMG, I can't believe you said this! Wah." side for my taste anyway. While I would prefer a more level setting, having it swing to the other side every once in a while is oh so refreshing. I just watched the "Scotty Nguyen drunk rampage WSOP 2008 Horse" video on youtube again and it wouldn't be as entertaining, if he hadn't been a complete prick at the table.