Wpt Doyle Brunson Five Diamond World Poker Classic

I did a quick Poker Stove and after the flop Daniel had about 25% equity in the hand. Would be interesting to know how the preflop betting went since Daniel said that there was a ton of dead money in the pot preflop. Also would be interesting to see how the flop betting went since at each betting decision Daniel putting his money in probably made sense where calling a shove for what he had left after the preflop betting wouldn't have.This of course is assuming 8 clean outs for Daniel's straight and one of the others have a Q in their hand was very possible.Flop 8,9,J10,10 - 25.2% equityJ,J - 66.4% equityK,K - 8.4% equity

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a quick Poker Stove and after the flop Daniel had about 25% equity in the hand. Would be interesting to know how the preflop betting went since Daniel said that there was a ton of dead money in the pot preflop. Also would be interesting to see how the flop betting went since at each betting decision Daniel putting his money in probably made sense where calling a shove for what he had left after the preflop betting wouldn't have.This of course is assuming 8 clean outs for Daniel's straight and one of the others have a Q in their hand was very possible.Flop 8,9,J10,10 - 25.2% equityJ,J - 66.4% equityK,K - 8.4% equity
if there is "a ton of dead money in the pot" then he should be setting or forgetting (or folding pf) as he is clearly behind pf as he no doubt knew. not donking off with an OESD on the flop 10 billion bbs deep. we all laugh at people for making idiotic plays like this and DN should be no exception.
That's too easy of an excuse. Any experienced pro should accept it for what it is & play on. If he was tilted, I'd call that pretty immature. Quit crying like bitch & play smart. Just my opinion.
For me there are days that I know to stay away from the tables because my head isn't in the right space but I'm no pro that has to play, but with this structure there is no reason for a pro to go for it either other than to go for a big stack early but thats not SB.

Weird hand but is it really that big of a stretch to see how we don't go broke here? Like Bob said, be interesting to hear the explanation of the entire hand dynamicsStill, with all that led up to this, what with not being too happy with the structure etc. I also get the feeling that maybe his heart was not fully into this one...?

I still stand by my earlier statement , early in the tournament, Was it worth it ? pretty costly if you ask me, I would of folded in that play even with those outs. Hard choice. Maybe I play too cautiously. I still think SB I guess

If DN decides to gamble it up than thats his choice just like its his cash$$$ Im sure he knew he was behind but decided to go for monster stack or chill out...obv after watching him play poker after dark where they flip for 100k and prop bets.15k isnt huge amount of money to him plus if he wins big stack hell have alot of manuvering room with huge stack..I just find it funny that some of you guys take it personally if DN plays bad or gambles with his money!pretty pathetic if you ask me

if there is "a ton of dead money in the pot" then he should be setting or forgetting (or folding pf) as he is clearly behind pf as he no doubt knew. not donking off with an OESD on the flop 10 billion bbs deep. we all laugh at people for making idiotic plays like this and DN should be no exception.
If a guy busts out of a$1k event, let alone a $15,000 event, we never immeditely rub salt in the wound, no matter how tilted the play.I'm in agreement that however this pot got to this point, DN had to misstep at some point in this hand, bar none. That said the flaming is just horrible. Give a 'ouch' or 'GG', even if you are lying, and then in a few days ask for thoughts about the hand. that's how it goes for ANYONE else. When someone outside the community makes a play like this, we flame them. When it's someone in the community, I don't see that flaming (nor should there be, right off the bat at least).So don't act like basting him here right after busting out is "standard procedure" and he's "getting it just like anyone else". It's rude whether it's DN here, NNB in a 1k, or MaxStPolish in a 3.30 (lol).
If a guy busts out of a$1k event, let alone a $15,000 event, we never immeditely rub salt in the wound, no matter how tilted the play.I'm in agreement that however this pot got to this point, DN had to misstep at some point in this hand, bar none. That said the flaming is just horrible. Give a 'ouch' or 'GG', even if you are lying, and then in a few days ask for thoughts about the hand. that's how it goes for ANYONE else. When someone outside the community makes a play like this, we flame them. When it's someone in the community, I don't see that flaming (nor should there be, right off the bat at least).So don't act like basting him here right after busting out is "standard procedure" and he's "getting it just like anyone else". It's rude whether it's DN here, NNB in a 1k, or MaxStPolish in a 3.30 (lol).
Read the "High Roller Structure" thread and link them and you'll get it.
Read the "High Roller Structure" thread and link them and you'll get it.
I read that too. If anything the creation of the poll was a bit silly, in that everyone knew his stance on the matter already....so a burn in that thread isn't necessarily bad about it's creation in general if one needs to burn.....but that doesn't really change the flaming on a decision when someone just got KO'd from a tourney, does it? It's just rude any way it's sliced IMO.
I still stand by my earlier statement , early in the tournament, Was it worth it ? pretty costly if you ask me, I would of folded in that play even with those outs. Hard choice. Maybe I play too cautiously. I still think SB I guess
I've seen you play in the Neg-O, no you wouldn't have.
I've seen you play in the Neg-O, no you wouldn't have.
the old me GalloHave a new coach been making some really sick folds playing much tighter now, earlier in a tournament making some different calls much more TAG lol
the old me GalloHave a new coach been making some really sick folds playing much tighter now, earlier in a tournament making some different calls much more TAG lol
Good luck in the future then.
One time I folded KQ preflop...It was suited even...
Good luck in the future then.
It's obviously different being a $11.00 buy in vs a $15,000 or $25,000 buy in Decisions are way different. Players are so different at those levels. I can't be harsh on Daniels thinking at that time, would love to know more of his thinking behind that play. going by his small ball teaching trying to keep the pot small, and the risk level low. He did have many outs and I might of at a lower level game taken a stab at it but definitely not at a higher level play. Even at a lower level my coach would be all over me making a play like that. Especially when you have 2 other callers or other raisers in. Like he said you got to be careful to pick and choose your battles, and be careful with the cards you have.

Daniel ? did you call the all in or did you raise all in? what was the action preflop as wpt news did not report that? what was the thinking behind the moves?

I chatted briefly about the hand with Daniel but not in too much detail but he decided to gamble. I don't know his motivations for gambling but he knew he was gambling and was fine with gambling at that point in the tournament knowing that he either was out of the tourney or would have had a lot of chips.

I chatted briefly about the hand with Daniel but not in too much detail but he decided to gamble. I don't know his motivations for gambling but he knew he was gambling and was fine with gambling at that point in the tournament knowing that he either was out of the tourney or would have had a lot of chips.
thx Bob
when i read it I figured he was in a gambly mood the spot just came up and he decided to try to get a huge stack early. obv getting it in here is counter to small ball strat.

Lots of really good players left. The Toilet has a pretty large chiplead with 10 remaining.from wpt.comJohn Juanda moves all in from the button, but he doesn't move any chips forward. He says the words, "All in," and the dealer repeats them to the rest of the table. Unfortunately, Chad Batista (small blind) is wearing headphones and has his sweatshirt hood up over his head, and doesn't hear it. Batista moves all in, thinking he's the first act.It got a little confusing at this point, but Scotty Nguyen asked if they were both all in, and the dealer confirmed it. Batista realizes that Juanda is all in ahead of him, and clearly wants to take his bet back. But Scotty has moved all in at some point, and is openly laughing at Batista when he realizes what happened. This really pisses off Batista, who knows he made a mistake but is set off by Scotty's behavior, taking joy in his pain.There is some shouting back and forth between the players, and the floorperson calls Tournament Director Jack McClelland over to regain control of the situation. The ruling stands that all the action is binding, because the dealer repeated Juanda's all in, and it's up to Batista to pay attention to the situation. Even if he didn't hear it, Juanda still had cards in front of him. Batista is clearly pissed, saying players should have to put at least a few chips out in front of them to indicate a bet. But it's too late now. The cards are finally turned over, and sure enough, Scotty Nguyen is smiling with pocket aces. Scotty is the short stack, and poised to triple up.

Lots of really good players left. The Toilet has a pretty large chiplead with 10 remaining.from wpt.comJohn Juanda moves all in from the button, but he doesn't move any chips forward. He says the words, "All in," and the dealer repeats them to the rest of the table. Unfortunately, Chad Batista (small blind) is wearing headphones and has his sweatshirt hood up over his head, and doesn't hear it. Batista moves all in, thinking he's the first act.It got a little confusing at this point, but Scotty Nguyen asked if they were both all in, and the dealer confirmed it. Batista realizes that Juanda is all in ahead of him, and clearly wants to take his bet back. But Scotty has moved all in at some point, and is openly laughing at Batista when he realizes what happened. This really pisses off Batista, who knows he made a mistake but is set off by Scotty's behavior, taking joy in his pain.There is some shouting back and forth between the players, and the floorperson calls Tournament Director Jack McClelland over to regain control of the situation. The ruling stands that all the action is binding, because the dealer repeated Juanda's all in, and it's up to Batista to pay attention to the situation. Even if he didn't hear it, Juanda still had cards in front of him. Batista is clearly pissed, saying players should have to put at least a few chips out in front of them to indicate a bet. But it's too late now. The cards are finally turned over, and sure enough, Scotty Nguyen is smiling with pocket aces. Scotty is the short stack, and poised to triple up.
A good lesson for all the sunglass, hoodie, earbud wearing DBags.

1 Faraz Jaka 5,385,000 2 Scotty Nguyen 4,900,000 3 Daniel Alaei 3,925,000 4 Shawn Buchanan 2,800,000 5 Josh Arieh 1,710,000 6 Steve O'Dwyer 1,050,000 Average Chip Count: 3,290,000