...the Dust Shall Return To The Earth As It Was

I'm glad someone brought this up. FCP will NEVER die. This site will NEVER close down. During the poker boom, and FCP becoming an online poker site, I wore FCP logos all the time, did radio and TV interviews promoting FCP and we saw a huge spike in participation, culminating the with the Protege which was a lot of fun. Since then, the number of active posters is down. Is that a bad thing? Truth is, in my opinion... no, it's not. I kinda like the fact that I recognize the screen names of people and have actually become friends with several of you after seeing you at various tournament stops. When FCP was at it's peak, at times it was overrun by newbs and was kind of overwhelming. A lot of the reason I have spent less time marketing FCP to the public is because there really isn't much of a point to do that, and I need to make sure that I focus most of my attention on promoting PokerStars since that's a big deal for me. I don't want to be that guy wearing 8 different patches and looking like a NASCAR driver, in fact, I turn down offers all the time to wear patches because I think it looks a bit tacky. I have my Stars hat, my starts chest logo, and my Team Pro patch on my arm. That's already a lot of logos and adding more is confusing I think. I love this forum, but at times I don't have a lot of free time. When I do, usually around December actually, I spend more time on the forums. I could do a lot of cool promos and stuff and have some neat ideas for FCP all the time, but I don't have a ton of time to implement them. I have lots of cool ideas, and who knows, I may eventually implement them and revive the forums once again to past glory. Not for money. This site never made any money as a forum. It costs me personally, money every month to keep the site going and I'm totally fine with that. I pay Bob and Gov, etc. and do some giveaways from time to time, and that will never stop happening. I appreciate the people that are loyal to the site and I love the fact that we have some guys finally doing good things on the tour. I find that pretty cool. I am aware of one thing: the amount of interest I show in the FCP forum is directly linked to the number of visitors we get to the site. So when I have some free time, I might just do some fun stuff for the site again, but no promises... "we'll seem" but you can be sure Balloon GUy that your intellectual posts will remain in cyber space for eternity... or at least till I croak lol.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad DN posted what he did.I myself find my play in poker dropping right off. I go on spurts where I will play everyday for a month then I will get busy with work and life and not even play for weeks at a time. I still love poker imensley but the grind it can become makes it necessary for me to take frequent breaks. But I check in at FCP everyday because I like the community here.

Ditto. I don't post in here much as my play is limited to very casual home games, but I check in and post because of the friends I've made here. One of my very first thoughts on seeing the ESPN crawl about Tiger's accident on Thanksgiving was, "I can't wait to see what FCP has to say about that!"

same here, this is a community, a poker forum but it's like a family to me, so take it for what ever way you want. I love my poker. I love some of the people I met here as friends that I talked with , grew to respect there thoughts, some of them lol. this is a great place. So I hope we continue to grow, learn and nurture. Daniel you will continue to flourish and I hope you continue to do well. I think your new idea is wonderful. I have a few thoughts that I think I will send onto Bob that might work as well. anyways Hope all goes well in 2010 :club:

I don't want to be that guy wearing 8 different patches and looking like a NASCAR driver, in fact, I turn down offers all the time to wear patches because I think it looks a bit tacky. I have my Stars hat, my starts chest logo, and my Team Pro patch on my arm. That's already a lot of logos and adding more is confusing I think.
Or you could simply forgo wearing any logo's altogether...helmuthCeasar.jpg:club:
I don't want to be that guy wearing 8 different patches and looking like a NASCAR driver,
Ahem...and what, I ask, is wrong with NASCAR drivers? (you know what my book is about)
Or you could simply forgo wearing any logo's altogether...helmuthCeasar.jpg
:club: Brilliant, nutz.
I'm glad someone brought this up. FCP will NEVER die. This site will NEVER close down. During the poker boom, and FCP becoming an online poker site, I wore FCP logos all the time, did radio and TV interviews promoting FCP and we saw a huge spike in participation, culminating the with the Protege which was a lot of fun. Since then, the number of active posters is down. Is that a bad thing? Truth is, in my opinion... no, it's not. I kinda like the fact that I recognize the screen names of people and have actually become friends with several of you after seeing you at various tournament stops. When FCP was at it's peak, at times it was overrun by newbs and was kind of overwhelming. A lot of the reason I have spent less time marketing FCP to the public is because there really isn't much of a point to do that, and I need to make sure that I focus most of my attention on promoting PokerStars since that's a big deal for me. I don't want to be that guy wearing 8 different patches and looking like a NASCAR driver, in fact, I turn down offers all the time to wear patches because I think it looks a bit tacky. I have my Stars hat, my starts chest logo, and my Team Pro patch on my arm. That's already a lot of logos and adding more is confusing I think. I love this forum, but at times I don't have a lot of free time. When I do, usually around December actually, I spend more time on the forums. I could do a lot of cool promos and stuff and have some neat ideas for FCP all the time, but I don't have a ton of time to implement them. I have lots of cool ideas, and who knows, I may eventually implement them and revive the forums once again to past glory. Not for money. This site never made any money as a forum. It costs me personally, money every month to keep the site going and I'm totally fine with that. I pay Bob and Gov, etc. and do some giveaways from time to time, and that will never stop happening. I appreciate the people that are loyal to the site and I love the fact that we have some guys finally doing good things on the tour. I find that pretty cool. I am aware of one thing: the amount of interest I show in the FCP forum is directly linked to the number of visitors we get to the site. So when I have some free time, I might just do some fun stuff for the site again, but no promises... "we'll seem" but you can be sure Balloon GUy that your intellectual posts will remain in cyber space for eternity... or at least till I croak lol.
A. Single TearB. Both of them?C. When I run for the House of Representatives I may need a few of them deletedD. :club:
I'm going to start a new feature right now that I think you guys will enjoy. Look for it within the next 15 minutes. I think you'll like it.
Daniel the Q & A on Dwan was excellent. Thanks. If you did that once a month for an hour that would be awesome. People just load up on questions, you answers the one you want. Tuesdays with Daniel.

I would just like to say that the competitions are a really good way to get new people here ( I won the WSOP 09 prediction contest and that is one reason why I am reading this topic :club: ). Also I think there is no need for another 2+2, a small community can be as much fun or more.And maybe Daniel you can link some topics from your blog, because a lot of people read your blog from twitter links and have no idea that the site has a forum.

I like the players ?s idea and also asking for the forum's advise on poker things that pop up that your thinking about like structures. A few polls and questions can go a long ways.

this site went downhill fast when the mods decided that anything and everything under the sun could be posted in the Daniel's Poker Blog forum. A bunch of arrogant, uneducated idiots began posting their opinions there, knowing that was not the appropriate place. they were desperate for attention, and assumed most people would check out that forum first.it's really the most basic first thing a mod is responsible for, ensuring the content is in the correct place. bush league.

this site went downhill fast when the mods decided that anything and everything under the sun could be posted in the Daniel's Poker Blog forum. A bunch of arrogant, uneducated idiots began posting their opinions there, knowing that was not the appropriate place. they were desperate for attention, and assumed most people would check out that forum first.it's really the most basic first thing a mod is responsible for, ensuring the content is in the correct place. bush league.
So we agree you should have been banned years ago.
So we agree you should have been banned years ago.
Wow, if I ever wanted to create my own on-line dictionary, and was struggling to come up with the best definitions of the words clue-less, ironic and confused, I would have to link to that post.
Daniel the Q & A on Dwan was excellent. Thanks. If you did that once a month for an hour that would be awesome. People just load up on questions, you answers the one you want. Tuesdays with Daniel.
Agreed, but the Durrr thread is already growing in a time-consuming series of weeks' worth of questions. Needs a limit like: 50 best/most interesting questions, all questions that are posted prior to a deadline (say, post new Q&A Tuesdays, answer all questions that are in by Thursday), or something so it doesn't grow into a massive time suck.And I said, what's wrong with NASCAR drivers? :club:
I assumed everyone just hit the "View New Posts".
Agreed, but the Durrr thread is already growing in a time-consuming series of weeks' worth of questions. Needs a limit like: 50 best/most interesting questions, all questions that are posted prior to a deadline (say, post new Q&A Tuesdays, answer all questions that are in by Thursday), or something so it doesn't grow into a massive time suck.
It needs to be done in an entirely different way.1) A sticky-thread is made at the top of the forum, by DN. "Ask Me Questions About Phil Ivey".2) That thread is read-only3) Contained in the text of the read-only thread is instructions on how your question can be submitted to DN (for example, "IM FCPBob with your question")4) A Moderator actually... and hold on to your seats here.... MODERATES THE DISCUSSION by weeding out redundant questions, stupid questions, etc5) This allows the questions to be higher quality, presented in an orderly and coherent manner and ultimately delivers a content-product that is hugely superior to the schizophrenic abortion of hollering what we have now6) Once the questions have been presented and answered, the thread is then opened up for general discussion where everyone can participate.
4) A Moderator actually... and hold on to your seats here.... MODERATES THE DISCUSSION by weeding out redundant questions, stupid questions, etc
If someone weeded out redundant and stupid questions FCP would probably come up with 2 questions.
A. Single TearB. Both of them?C. When I run for the House of Representatives I may need a few of them deletedD. :club:
House..pfft go right for the Senate. Anyone can win house seat and you need run evey two years.