Christmas Gift Choice For New Girl Friend

Christmas Gift  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What gift should I get her?

• Magic Bullet
    • $100 Kenneth Cole Gift Card
    • 8GB iPod Touch

Ok, so I've been going out with this girl for the last two months and I want to know what you guys think I should buy her as a Christmas gift. We've gone out at least a few times a week since we started seeing each other. For the most part I pay for our activities but on a handful of occasions she insisted on picking up the tab.I don't want to spend too much and set her expectations too high for future gifts. Here are the choices and reasons why they made my list of gifts for her.Magic Bullet (Cheap gift $55) - The other day while we were at Target she saw the Magic Bullet and said oh I really hope my sister or mother buys me that for Christmas.Kenneth Cole gift card (Middle of the road gift $100) - This is her favorite store to shop at.iPod Touch (Expensive gift $200) - I always have my iPod touch on me and she loves playing with the Apps on there and using it to listen to music while in her car.Let me know.

You should go with the Ipod, but I would double check the shipping charges if I were you.
Funny....I'm smart like that though, I double check before checking out...

To be honest, I don't think any of the options are great. The Magic Bullet is ridiculous and cheesy (and possibly offensive) unless she is stupid or there is some sort of ironic precedent I am missing, a gift card or cash, which are my preferred gift, are grouped as similarly cold and impersonal, and the iPod is too small to be functional for anyone who likes music, it seems like sort of an easy, stock gift to hand someone an iPod, and it also looks to set a sort of higher expectation than I think you would like. I personally think you look like a dick handing your new girlfriend an iPod unless you just know she has been creaming for one.

it seems like sort of an easy, stock gift to hand someone an iPod, and it also looks to set a sort of higher expectation than I think you would like. I personally think you look like a dick handing your new girlfriend an iPod unless you just know she has been creaming for one.
Obviously the trick is to fill it with music he knows she's into. Turns it from generic gift to something mildly special.
To be honest, I don't think any of the options are great. The Magic Bullet is ridiculous and cheesy (and possibly offensive) unless she is stupid or there is some sort of ironic precedent I am missing, a gift card or cash, which are my preferred gift, are grouped as similarly cold and impersonal, and the iPod is too small to be functional for anyone who likes music, it seems like sort of an easy, stock gift to hand someone an iPod, and it also looks to set a sort of higher expectation than I think you would like. I personally think you look like a dick handing your new girlfriend an iPod unless you just know she has been creaming for one.
I'm open to other suggestions of gifts if anyone has any good ideas. I don't want to just come out and ask her what she wants and these are just the things that she's expressed interest in.
Obviously the trick is to fill it with music he knows she's into. Turns it from generic gift to something mildly special.
This could work... Except how would it work if I uploaded the music from my itunes and then she wants to sync the iPod with her itunes afterwards?
This could work... Except how would it work if I uploaded the music from my itunes and then she wants to sync the iPod with her itunes afterwards?
You can just set iTunes to not manually completely overwriter her iPod. I don't think that's even the default setting anymore, but it's like a 3-click process. If she wants there are programs that will easily copy the shit off the iPod onto her drive, too.
I'm open to other suggestions of gifts if anyone has any good ideas. I don't want to just come out and ask her what she wants and these are just the things that she's expressed interest in.
I would have to know your girlfriend, I guess. If you gave me detailed accounts of her personality, her life and aspirations, some info on her relationship with her father and the url to her Myspace I could probably boil her down to a few perfect gifts, but I also promise you that I would use this information in twisted, evil ways, so I think you'll have to exercise more personal insight imo.
Oh yeah, I wish I could help the OP, but I usually choose to break up with them and try to reunite after New Year's.
but then you run into that pesky made up holiday known as Valentine's Day....

Offer up the threesome man.... cheap and easy.....

Ignore all these morons. You've only been dating 2 months, that's hardly anything. Don't waste money on a relationship that's so young, you don't know if it's going to last. If I were you I would spend around $50, so I voted for the magic bullet. She even said she wanted it to you, which was probably a hint, so take the hint and get it for her.

Oh yeah, I wish I could help the OP, but I usually choose to break up with them and try to reunite after New Year's.
He never answers the phone on Fathers Day, either.
Not a real Sickie.Real Sickie.
whew, glad this was pointed out.*Magic Bullet-official sponser of the sickie thread since 2005.You can get an ipod touch for about $130 on Amazon. Get a North Face fleece or something though.