The Transmogrifcation Of Atheism

This is obviously a sensitive subject here, so maybe no comment would be the best course.
nothing here is a sensitive subject.
Its just that the bizarre transformation taking place in the atheistic community was threadworthy for a religion forum.
more atheists are coming out of the closet and it's becoming more socially relevant, but there's no bizarre transformation going on in the way atheists think or act. there's just more of them acting.
This is obviously a sensitive subject here, so maybe no comment would be the best course.Its just that the bizarre transformation taking place in the atheistic community was threadworthy for a religion forum. Guess I was wrong.
It would help if you would elaborate on some sort of point you're trying to make. I don't think anyone is sensitive about the subject.
It would help if you would elaborate on some sort of point you're trying to make. I don't think anyone is sensitive about the subject.
Well they are sensitive about the bad teeth of their entire upper echelon of leadership...Which is why I exercise the good moral judgment not to bring it up.very often
Are we debating Sam Harris's teeth now? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just want to know so that I can do some background research. OP, what transformation are you referring to?
The transformation from a fringe group o cartoonish figures, Ohare for example, to a more intellectualized group of learned academics,who seem bent on destroying any long held sacred beliefs.
The transformation from a fringe group o cartoonish figures, Ohare for example, to a more intellectualized group of learned academics,who seem bent on destroying any long held sacred beliefs.
Interesting that you perceive it that way. I think that is a measure of success for the movement. But the point is not to destroy "any long held sacred beliefs", only those which don't stand up to reason and evidence.
Interesting that you perceive it that way. I think that is a measure of success for the movement. But the point is not to destroy "any long held sacred beliefs", only those which don't stand up to reason and evidence as long as it's not our own.
FYP and QFT
The transformation from a fringe group o cartoonish figures, Ohare for example, to a more intellectualized group of learned academics
the intellectualized group of academics has always been there. it's the media that has transmogrified.
who seem bent on destroying any long held sacred beliefs.
they're only bent on undermining religious belief that they consider socially harmful and/or a threat to science.
  • 2 weeks later...