A Tv Mtt Hand, But I'm Curious Your Thoughts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVy-4VqeZ7g...resh+div-r-2-HMThis is a link to the 2 min video of Ivey vs Paul Jackson. Just curious, (i know its HU, in a MTT) but i look at this hand, and this Jackson played it so horrible that as long as ivey is thinking on three levels here, its kinda a simple read.No raising p.f Jackson has 1 million to Iveys 4million. roughlyflop is JJ7 with two clubs. Ivey bets 80k. He knows Jackson is most likely goiing to fold when he misses so this is a standard bet from chip leader. (even the commentators know that)But then jackson raises. sensing its a standard bet he's trying to rep a pair or at least 2 big overs. But there was no raise pf. so its hard to put him on that type of hand.to slow play it pf but now fast play it on the flop?Then Ivey sorta has to realize, "jackson knows his bet is standard, and would raise to rep that." so now ivey re-raises.Then jackson, perhaps thinking, Ok. Ivey re-poped me because my raise could be a standard raise thinking ivey's bet was nothing more than a prob to steal the pot.So Jackson raises another 150k leaving him with 380 roughly into a pot that is now over 660k. This is a big mistake IMO. Jackson leaves himself with enough chips to fold and try again. He;s trying to appear committed, to look stronger, but the problem is that Ivey has shown strength. so Ivey knows if jackson really has a big hand he would have pushed in that spot. Because then it wold be a call of 530,000 to win $1,040,000 and the tournamentany thoughts?

Looks like a horrible hand imo... Jackson played that really bad. It might look cool when people re-pop eachother with air in Sunday Million and such but this is just a bad spot to try to bluff, especially against Ivey.

pros tend to play tighter on TV so i think that was what that dude was thinking

I love that hand and knew immediately which one it was without clicking the link. Both players correctly doubted the bets/raises of their opposing number, but Ivey was the only one to follow through with the all in. If Jackson had true conviction, his 4-bet should have been an all in, if not, he should have folded. At that point in the hand (after Ivey's 3-bet), any value hand will just be shoving, so Jackson needs to commit at that point. If he can't buck up and shove then he needs to fold.

I love that hand and knew immediately which one it was without clicking the link. Both players correctly doubted the bets/raises of their opposing number, but Ivey was the only one to follow through with the all in. If Jackson had true conviction, his 4-bet should have been an all in, if not, he should have folded. At that point in the hand (after Ivey's 3-bet), any value hand will just be shoving, so Jackson needs to commit at that point. If he can't buck up and shove then he needs to fold.
agree.I think Jackson had the potential to look like the seasoned pro here by shoving when he thought Ivey was bluffing. Its clear he thinks it, but takes the wrong line.IMO - I think he took the line to look like he wants to extract value with a J, and looks to be committing himself, but Ivey sees passed it knowing that any made hand would shove this spot opposed to min raise.

two things....1. I think Ivey may have raised pf. It looks like Jackson completes, Ivey raises and Jackson calls pf. 2. I realized I'm not involved in the hand...but Jackson sure does look scared shitless when he raises both times....I'm sure Ivey combined that with the 4th raise not being all in and figured out what was going on.