Forgiveness

The truth is that all people are guilty of sin, and therefore are not able to enter into Heaven. So God made a way, and all you have to do is ask. Doesn't matter how good or bad you are, if you refuse to ask, then you make your decision of where you want to go.You wouldn't blame the lottery commission for making it a requirement to buy a $1 ticket in order to win the lottery, why blame God for making a simple requirement that costs people nothing to receive heaven?
Well, because that's totally at odds with what heaven actually is. Heaven is the state one achieves by following their conscience. It has nothing to do with asking somebody else for something. It comes from within.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is similar to people who say that you get away with killing your ex-wife and her lover with a knife in America if you can run really fast with a football.They also have a misguided understanding of what justice means, so they use the most extreme example to try to make the truth look different than it is.The truth is that all people are guilty of sin, and therefore are not able to enter into Heaven. So God made a way, and all you have to do is ask. Doesn't matter how good or bad you are, if you refuse to ask, then you make your decision of where you want to go.You wouldn't blame the lottery commission for making it a requirement to buy a $1 ticket in order to win the lottery, why blame God for making a simple requirement that costs people nothing to receive heaven?
I'm not sure what point of mine you're refuting.
I'm not sure what point of mine you're refuting.
Not refuting, just defining from a different perspective.Or translating into cult-speak if you want to ignore it

Gotcha. I don't think it's that simple of a choice, though. Unless it's by someone with no desire whatsoever to think for himself.I don't mean you, because obviously you do think about it (whether or not you come to what any given person might consider the "correct" conclusion).