Forgiveness

Is that why you haven't hired me?
That and the inability I have found in finding you a house with ample basement 'storage' space for your "hobbies".
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume it's hard to find parties in need of extravagant balloon displays IN THIS ECONOMY.
Business is off 50% from last year, and last year we were off 40%. so yea, it's been relevant.They still have parties, and they still have music, booze and food, but decor is purely a luxury item.Having said that, I have a strange confidence in the direction of my business, I never got where I was because of any special abilities I have ( maybe being able to tie 22 balloons a minute ) Everything I have has been given to me by God, and I have confidence that He will direct me for the future. What is funny, or not, is that for a couple years I have been struggling with my addiction to the ease of life money created for me, and I questioned if my walk with God was being short changed by my ability to buy anything I wanted whenever I wanted. It's easy to have faith that everything is going to be okay when you have a couple million behind you.I think my faith will be better grown through living paycheck to paycheck again.So far my many creditors are not in agreement with this perspective.So we may soon have to fire sale my investment properties to pay off my debts leaving us with basically what we started with. I am not going to lie and say I look forward to it, but I also am not worried about it. I know I could be in much worse shape, as many people are.Course I will probably be eating my words about the small value I placed on an education...but it's good for my ego to be reminded what a doofus I am capable of being.they got any openings at vet school? I read all of the James Harriott's books
So far my many creditors are not in agreement with this perspective.
That's because they have to walk 50 blocks in a suit just to watch the football game on Sukkot. It makes you cranky. I'll talk to some people at the next big meeting and see what I can do.
That's because they have to walk 50 blocks in a suit just to watch the football game on Sukkot. It makes you cranky. I'll talk to some people at the next big meeting and see what I can do.
:club: I'd be happy to be paying my Jewish cousins, its paying that stupid American Indian bank that refused me for a $50K line of credit 2 months ago before I got behind by telling me I have a negative cash flow, even though I have equity wealth of over a million. Oh..I thought I would use a line of credit when I only have a positive cash flow, in a community that has a summer where half the population leaves and many businesses just shut down for a couple months. Then the same guy has to call me to see where the check is for our building loans, and I get to tell him sorry, our cash flow problem is a little behind but we will catch up as we can. Good call there skippy, now instead of supporting a business with a perfect 15 year track record, and perfect credit, you now get to add a near 7 figure loan to your 'behind on payments' lists and you ruin my credit for a couple years. The worse thing is I am friends with one of the board of directors and he told me once before that any loan request I put before his board he will make sure it passes, but I just am not the kind of guy that goes over people's head and ask favors.Credit is a ponzi scam anyway, cash is still king. Which makes me a pawn I guess, maybe a horse. 's ass
What is funny, or not, is that for a couple years I have been struggling with my addiction to the ease of life money created for me, and I questioned if my walk with God was being short changed by my ability to buy anything I wanted whenever I wanted. It's easy to have faith that everything is going to be okay when you have a couple million behind you.I think my faith will be better grown through living paycheck to paycheck again.
The jew in me is having a lot of trouble not chastising you for going from millions to paycheck-to-paycheck. But I'm sure you'll be fine, building up a business is a skill that doesn't just exit your body during downswings. The BG who loves reminding everyone about his wealth will be back sooner or later.
they got any openings at vet school? I read all of the James Harriott's books
I actually thought of you today...our last molecular biology lecture of the semester had a section that included an explanation of a few evolutionary markers. To put it simply, there are certain types of mutations that get passed down in the genome from generation to generation, and we can point to some of those mutations in very specific parts of the genome that we share with chimps, but not other primates. It's a clue that the chimp and human share a common ancestor way back that branched off from whatever the ancestor was of other primates, and before our common ancestor evolved it acquired that point mutation. The odds of both species having this exact mutation at the same exact point in the genome are beyond astronomical.I guess from your point of view either god did this on purpose to test us or...I don't know. Just thought I'd throw it out there since you mentioned vet school.
The jew in me is having a lot of trouble not chastising you for going from millions to paycheck-to-paycheck. But I'm sure you'll be fine, building up a business is a skill that doesn't just exit your body during downswings. The BG who loves reminding everyone about his wealth will be back sooner or later.
If you guys keep your mouths shut, I'm not letting him go in the rest of the forum, he's hilarious!
I actually thought of you today...our last molecular biology lecture of the semester had a section that included an explanation of a few evolutionary markers. To put it simply, there are certain types of mutations that get passed down in the genome from generation to generation, and we can point to some of those mutations in very specific parts of the genome that we share with chimps, but not other primates. It's a clue that the chimp and human share a common ancestor way back that branched off from whatever the ancestor was of other primates, and before our common ancestor evolved it acquired that point mutation. The odds of both species having this exact mutation at the same exact point in the genome are beyond astronomical.I guess from your point of view either god did this on purpose to test us or...I don't know. Just thought I'd throw it out there since you mentioned vet school.
My wife has a Jag XK convertible ( see, he's still here) which was designed by the same guy who designed the Aston Martin. They have very many similar features. This doesn't mean they came from the same company...
It's a clue that the chimp and human share a common ancestor way back that branched off from whatever the ancestor was of other primates, and before our common ancestor evolved it acquired that point mutation. The odds of both species having this exact mutation at the same exact point in the genome are beyond astronomical.
Since we're not in the role reversal thread, I'm going to go back to picking nits...You said "it's a clue," so does that mean that you don't think that this particular information by itself is proof?
My wife has a Jag XK convertible ( see, he's still here) which was designed by the same guy who designed the Aston Martin. They have very many similar features. This doesn't mean they came from the same company...
Well, that's a (bad) argument for the proof of god's involvement in terms of all animals sharing the same genetic material (like, humans and chimps are 99% identical genetically), developmental processes, metabolic pathways, etc. It's an even worse argument when you're talking about mutations. There's really no explanation you can come up with for why god would do that aside from "to test our faith" or "who knows why, he's god, amirite". I'm ok with that, I wasn't really looking for a long discussion about it, since it'll just go in circles. The point of the story was just to let you know that when I hear what in my opinion is solid evidence (hello, nitpicker) of our evolution my mind inevitably goes to, "But BG still wouldn't buy it." It's thought with fondness, sadly.
Since we're not in the role reversal thread, I'm going to go back to picking nits...You said "it's a clue," so does that mean that you don't think that this particular information by itself is proof?
I just don't know quite enough about it to 100% conclusively call it "proof" on its own.
Well, that's a (bad) argument for the proof of god's involvement in terms of all animals sharing the same genetic material (like, humans and chimps are 99% identical genetically), developmental processes, metabolic pathways, etc. It's an even worse argument when you're talking about mutations. There's really no explanation you can come up with for why god would do that aside from "to test our faith" or "who knows why, he's god, amirite". I'm ok with that, I wasn't really looking for a long discussion about it, since it'll just go in circles. The point of the story was just to let you know that when I hear what in my opinion is solid evidence (but no, JJJ, not 100% conclusive evidence) of our evolution my mind inevitably goes to, "But BG still wouldn't buy it." It's thought with fondness, sadly.
95%Just for comparison, we share 50% with a bananaAnd 60% with a fruit fly
95%
Wrong. It's 99%, high in the 98% minimum. 1.2% of that codes for proteins. 3.8% is found in other mammals as well, suggesting it's vital. You might be thinking of the 95% of DNA that either doesn't do anything or we don't know yet what it does, other than providing "switches" that turn on and off the genes that basically map out the body during development.
Just for comparison, we share 50% with a banana
I understand you're putting it out there for comparison, to be funny, and to make a point...but if you think it proves your side of the argument it's a sign that you don't understand the incredible amount of information (and what it does) that's in that 49% difference.Why do you even argue about the science? The science all points to evolution, not creationism six thousand years ago. It's fine that you still think you're right, and I know you have your reasons, but it's literally impossible for you to prove your point using any type of scientific evidence. It'd be like me using the bible as proof that the big bang theory is correct.
Wrong. It's 99%, high in the 98% minimum. 1.2% of that codes for proteins. 3.8% is found in other mammals as well, suggesting it's vital. You might be thinking of the 95% of DNA that either doesn't do anything or we don't know yet what it does, other than providing "switches" that turn on and off the genes that basically map out the body during development. I understand you're putting it out there for comparison, to be funny, and to make a point...but if you think it proves your side of the argument it's a sign that you don't understand the incredible amount of information (and what it does) that's in that 49% difference.Why do you even argue about the science? The science all points to evolution, not creationism six thousand years ago. It's fine that you still think you're right, and I know you have your reasons, but it's literally impossible for you to prove your point using any type of scientific evidence. It'd be like me using the bible as proof that the big bang theory is correct.
Why would I listen to you? You're half bananasMAN I LOVE IT WHEN A SET UP WORKSWell worth the effort...well worth it.
Right but the guy you are talking about supposedly designed all cars, and only used this feature in some of them for some reason?
Wrong. It's 99%, high in the 98% minimum.
Depends how you count it. If you include insertions and deletions its more like 95%. http://www.pnas.org/content/99/21/13633.short
Right but the guy you are talking about supposedly designed all cars, and only used this feature in some of them for some reason?Depends how you count it. If you include insertions and deletions its more like 95%. http://www.pnas.org/content/99/21/13633.short
You wouldn't be so smug if I had a clue about DNA and stuff so I could explain why I am right.
Well, that's a (bad) argument for the proof of god's involvement in terms of all animals sharing the same genetic material (like, humans and chimps are 99% identical genetically), developmental processes, metabolic pathways, etc. It's an even worse argument when you're talking about mutations. There's really no explanation you can come up with for why god would do that aside from "to test our faith" or "who knows why, he's god, amirite". I'm ok with that, I wasn't really looking for a long discussion about it, since it'll just go in circles. The point of the story was just to let you know that when I hear what in my opinion is solid evidence (hello, nitpicker) of our evolution my mind inevitably goes to, "But BG still wouldn't buy it." It's thought with fondness, sadly.
I think a better analogy is an artist. Many paintings have similar features, some even look almost identical, but all of them have a common thread and they can all be conclusively linked to the same person. God didn't have to be testing us to have some species more like us than others.
I think a better analogy is an artist. Many paintings have similar features, some even look almost identical, but all of them have a common thread and they can all be conclusively linked to the same person. God didn't have to be testing us to have some species more like us than others.
Fine, that's a cute analogy about the general building blocks of life. I was talking about a mutation. Unless you want to argue that god inserted mutations into our DNA instead of just making us how he wanted us to be the first time around.
But the answer to your next question is, "Yes. A man who kills 173 people in cold blood and then finds christ in prison due to his fear of being executed will get into heaven, while someone who leads a perfectly moral life but is not christian won't get through the gates. The lord works in mysterious ways...and is very needy."
Is this the starting point for the argument against Christianity? i.e. You really want to believe in a God who is that irrational and harsh? It contradicts the ontological argument for God's existence which is basically a prerequisite for belief in the Christian god.Eh?
Is this the starting point for the argument against Christianity? i.e. You really want to believe in a God who is that irrational and harsh? It contradicts the ontological argument for God's existence which is basically a prerequisite for belief in the Christian god.Eh?
It's not the starting point for anything. It's just my understanding of what christians believe. Well, the last line is just me making fun of what they believe, I suppose.
It's not the starting point for anything. It's just my understanding of what christians believe. Well, the last line is just me making fun of what they believe, I suppose.
It is similar to people who say that you get away with killing your ex-wife and her lover with a knife in America if you can run really fast with a football.They also have a misguided understanding of what justice means, so they use the most extreme example to try to make the truth look different than it is.The truth is that all people are guilty of sin, and therefore are not able to enter into Heaven. So God made a way, and all you have to do is ask. Doesn't matter how good or bad you are, if you refuse to ask, then you make your decision of where you want to go.You wouldn't blame the lottery commission for making it a requirement to buy a $1 ticket in order to win the lottery, why blame God for making a simple requirement that costs people nothing to receive heaven?
The truth is that all people are guilty of sin, and therefore are not able to enter into Heaven. So God made a way, and all you have to do is ask. Doesn't matter how good or bad you are, if you refuse to ask, then you make your decision of where you want to go.You wouldn't blame the lottery commission for making it a requirement to buy a $1 ticket in order to win the lottery, why blame God for making a simple requirement that costs people nothing to receive heaven?
nice cult-speak sermon, but obviously having the choice whether to accept forgiveness or not from the christian god first requires that you believe he exists. a person who has in intellectual honesty concluded he doesn't does not have a choice.
nice cult-speak sermon, but obviously having the choice whether to accept forgiveness or not from the christian god first requires that you believe he exists. a person who has in intellectual honesty concluded he doesn't does not have a choice.
No, you have made a choice.