2009-2010 Bowl Games

eh this'll make them 2-2 so far. and one of the wins was Pitt who almost won the conference beating a mediocre NC by 2. to be fair that was an early game in Carolina. and West V playing against FSU in Florida on Bobby's last game. it's games like this that kinda go against the whole playoff argument. i mean florida would be one of the teams in an 8 team playoff and who already lost to one of the other teams, and this game isn't even close. Reminds me of Hawaii - UGA a few years ago. And Cincy probably woulda been the next team in the NC game if UT had lost. and if any conference should be LOL'ed at it's the Pac 10. they were touting themselves as the best conference in the nation or atleast close 2nd to the SEC. 2-5 and one of those wins being USC playing in Cali (surprise!), and the other over a MAC team.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are always ripping the big 10, but the big 10 is having a fabulous bowl season.Also, with Cincy getting annihilated by UF, it is even more awful that TCU and Boise were forced to play each other. The lesser "names" should have had 3 different chances to prove themselves not one.....against a pissed off Gator team.

Fairly impressed with the Big Ten this year. Minnesota and Northwestern both had chances to win their games but couldn't quite cash in. No clue what's going to happen in the Michigan State/Texas Tech game. Originally I thought it was the only game the Big Ten *couldn't* win, but now with Leach getting fired, who knows. I think Iowa still beats Georgia Tech 20-10 or so.

against a pissed off Gator team.
Cincy shoulda been pissed off, too, tho. undefeated and no chance at NC, their coach bailing Bobby Petrino/Rich Rodriguez style. you cant blame the matchup...they just got destroyed by a team that lost to the team they would have played for the NC which everyone is saying they should have had a chance to play for (i still agree they should have had the chance, but getting handled by a team that you mightve had to play doesnt do much for the argument). TCU-Boise should be a good game, but i would also have liked to see them play someone else. so far, though, this bowl season has been entertaining. lots of upsets...hell the best game might've been the first game Wyoming won in 2OT over Fresno.
Cincy shoulda been pissed off, too, tho. undefeated and no chance at NC, their coach bailing Bobby Petrino/Rich Rodriguez style. you cant blame the matchup...they just got destroyed by a team that lost to the team they would have played for the NC which everyone is saying they should have had a chance to play for (i still agree they should have had the chance, but getting handled by a team that you mightve had to play doesnt do much for the argument). TCU-Boise should be a good game, but i would also have liked to see them play someone else. so far, though, this bowl season has been entertaining. lots of upsets...hell the best game might've been the first game Wyoming won in 2OT over Fresno.
I'd rank the top three as NW-Auburn, then Wyoming-Fresno/BGreen-Idaho second. Regardless of how crappy the teams are they were pretty good games.

LSU/PennSt could have been a great game but the pitiful field conditions made that game hard to watch and very unfair for both teams.......

LSU/PennSt could have been a great game but the pitiful field conditions made that game hard to watch and very unfair for both teams.......
WTF was up with that pasture of a field?That was messed up.

I would put Hartman (ECU kicker) on suicide watch or check his locker for wager stubs.He missed 4 FG's tonight... 2 game winners in the last couple of minutes and 1 in OT

Err.. Word is that one if not both of Iowa's top two RBs could be out for tonight's game. That's awful, awful news if it's true. We'll see, though. Nothing official, just speculation from the Iowa folks down in Miami. Not good, though.
Win or lose.....that fake field goal call there is pretty sexy. I like your coaches' understanding of score situations.
I would put Hartman (ECU kicker) on suicide watch or check his locker for wager stubs.He missed 4 FG's tonight... 2 game winners in the last couple of minutes and 1 in OT
Him and the northwestern kicker can go into witness protection together.
Win or lose.....that fake field goal call there is pretty sexy. I like your coaches' understanding of score situations.
I loooooved the fake. If our kicker was a little bit faster than me, he takes it for 6.
congrats DDiDM, big ten 2-0 in bcs this year!
BOOM BIG TEN4 bowl wins over the top 15 and damn competitive in the three losses.. not a bad bowl season.