If we call the turn bet of $4 and villain has us beat and we c/c the river. We're still losing a similar amount than if we c/r the turn and fold to 3bet.
This is the prevailing thought in my head. I've kinda been taught to see this as a leak as I probably take this passive line too often, losing equity when ahead on 5th street, but I prefer to pot control to showdown when available, compared to raise/folding to 3 bet at the same price.
What stats do we have? We don't even know what sample those stats are over. Besides, basic stats tell us very little about someone's postflop skills. I agree that this is a fold readless simply because it doesn't matter how narrow someone's range is; he's usually got the goods. But if we had reads that villain was competent, and that he could put us to tough decisions and bluff, then I think I'd call him down. His line's just so bizarre for anything but a set...I don't ever c/r this turn though. I'd like some history to develop before I started making turn check-raises with top pair against a TAG's EP open...
Yea. I'm not pokertracker expert, i just assumed since he didnt put an amount of hands that this was information from multiple sessions?could be wrong.hmm. lookin at it again. its saying 50 flop cbet..I'm starting to think the stats he has on this villain are from a very small amount of hands.maybe we're all very wrong about this villain.. maybe this villain has only had a couple playable hands, and 1 or 2 of them being Big PP's. which explains the 50% cbet and high AF
how many hands do we have on this villian cause that 11 AF looks out of place?and i think a 21/18 isn't a TAG kinda middle of the road of TAG n LAG. 21/18 are solid numbers though. (mainly cause those are close my stats over 500K hands :club: )
well its 6max.. usually the PF range would be closer to 25-30 in 6max. so 21 is on the tight side

Sample size is not great, only about 100 hands from a couple of sessions so take with a pinch of salt although I think they do provide an indicator. I would say at 6max 21/18 is more loose than TAG but not by a great deal.

well its 6max.. usually the PF range would be closer to 25-30 in 6max. so 21 is on the tight side
25-30 especially the higher would be LAG at 6M12-17 would be TAG with the low end being extremely TAG at 6Mhowever the C-bet % is low for a more aggressive playerbased on how i play i can have anything here from a set to semi-bluff to air but my C-bet % is a lot higher
25-30 especially the higher would be LAG at 6M12-17 would be TAG with the low end being extremely TAG at 6Mhowever the C-bet % is low for a more aggressive playerbased on how i play i can have anything here from a set to semi-bluff to air but my C-bet % is a lot higher
Agree with 25-30 being LAG12-16 is just nit.17-21 TAG 22-24 tweeners.

Also I think this is standard fold or call one street and fold if you've never seen villain 3ball with air before. There's just no reason to suspect he'd be bluffing, sets are in his range, 45ss is there, KK or AA playing oddly is there, we aren't beating any of his value range and we are unsure of whether he has bluffs in his range.I'd note the odd play and see if he does it again in the future, even if he doesn't get to showdown if I see this happen another time I'd start thinking he could be bluffing and I'd get to showdown with my next top pairish hand in this spot.

Agree with 25-30 being LAG12-16 is just nit.17-21 TAG 22-24 tweeners.
u say nit i say TAG lol extreme TAG = nit imodon't laugh but i was a hardcore nit for a while i prob run closer to 24 over my last 100K hands

Sometimes playing nitty is really profitable. When I first moved to $100nl and was very successful I was playing like 14/11. In general though I think the general way to learn how to play is play really tight and as you get better add hands. It'd be interesting to start out really loose though, I think you'd accelerate through the learning process much faster at the higher stakes, but at the outset there would be a long struggle.

In general though I think the general way to learn how to play is play really tight and as you get better add hands. It'd be interesting to start out really loose though, I think you'd accelerate through the learning process much faster at the higher stakes, but at the outset there would be a long struggle.
haha, sounds like whats happening to my beginning to 25NL.i wouldnt say that i started out loose, just aggressive like i was at 10NLwent up 3 buyins first 2 sessions, then dropped 6 buyins over the next 4 sessions..total of -3 Buyins over 2K hands.so im back down to 10NL for a little while to build confidence and gain back losses.
Sometimes playing nitty is really profitable. When I first moved to $100nl and was very successful I was playing like 14/11. In general though I think the general way to learn how to play is play really tight and as you get better add hands. It'd be interesting to start out really loose though, I think you'd accelerate through the learning process much faster at the higher stakes, but at the outset there would be a long struggle.
I found that I couldn't really help but be nitty because of all the aggression...players 3-betting me and just opening. Lots of hands that I could open from the CO or BTN became mucks because someone had already opened the pot. I really focus on playing "solid poker" and it didn't seem possible, unless I wanted to get out of line, to be more aggro than 19/15 other than throwing in the occassional squeeze or light 3-bet. But I see a bunch of guys playing like 24/20 very profitably, so I always wonder what opportunities I miss or don't even notice.
yep for sure i made a ton of $$ early on mainly at 50NL. but thinking regs became the norm and I soon found myself getting severely outplayed. Folding so much that i probably folded away 10K. can't remember what color line it was from the pokerEV game, but it was non-existent. all my profit came from three hands a session and when i lose those monstrous hands i am constantly in the red cause i make no $ in other pots.would love to start really loose, maybe i will start a new account and just LAGGGGG it up. now if i could only get that flashy red thing from men in black.

It's very difficult to open up your game a little bit, like I think it's hard to play 22-24ish because you're either playin like in the 18-21 solid range or you open up and get crazy with like all suited connecting and gapping hands, so I went from like 20/17 to 28/20 with not much in between. I try to only play at deep tables so I can profitably play a lotttttttttt more stuff in position. 100bbs does not suit my game well where it's a lot of preflop aggression and just jamming small edges and whatnot, but it's still pretty easy to pl;ay that aggro it's just in squeezing and 4bb a lot more.For instance every time it folds to you in CO or button and you open ace-rag and a reg 3bets you with a 3bet bigger than like 6% I'd 4ball bluff.Edit: There's a reason not many people play loose, it's really hard to be good enough to not spew a ton, so I'm sure you guys are playing the right amount of hands for your comfort level. I didn't get too into playing really LAGgy til I talked to Whatgreatis for awhile and saw the unique and creative lines you could take.

Your hand is hidden a lot. i'd call the turn raise and check call the river. Then, I'd take notes.It's only my opinion, but to help define your opponent's hand, maybe you can think about 3 betting him preflop to tighten his range, if you get 4 bet or shoved on, you can safely fold your hand and saving you tough decisions after the flop.